Does anyone know if Volcano Records would want to get involved with RBN?

LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
edited August 2011 in The Rock Band Network
As the title suggests, I want to know if the record company "Volcano" would want to get involved with RBN. There is a certain popular artist I want to attempt to get into the game (though I might hold off for a few months before attempting).

P.S: I'm not dumb enough to try to get Tool. That'd be just silly.

Comments

• LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited August 2011
    It is currently a part of the Epic Label Group, which is owned by Sony Music Entertainment.
    The more levels you go up, the less likely it gets
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited August 2011
    Eh, OK. Thanks, saved me countless fruitless hours trying to contact them.

Well, there goes Weird Al...
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited August 2011
    I figured you were talking Weird Al. He was probably the first person a lot of us thought of when RBN came to be, since he was one of the more famous "hey, I'd love to be in Rock Band if Harmonix would just call me" people. They know about him, and he knows about them, so... someday. Never hurts to show support.

I was going to say there's no harm in sending Volcano an email anyway, but it seems like they don't even have their own website? Weird.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited August 2011
    In the creator's site, I was browsing through songs to Playtest/Peer Review, and I came across something on a song page for a Halcyon Way song:
    LABEL
    Nightmare/Sony RED
    I don't know what Sony RED is, but my guess is it's a sub-company of Sony.

Does this mean Sony is more open to RBN now?
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited August 2011
    Nightmare has some other songs up (Prototype just went up, and I know there are others).

I don't know if this is an isolated instance or maybe Nightmare is so far removed(/small label/bands) from Sony they don't care what they're doing, OR if Sony might be getting involved more.

At this point I'd say it's more likely the second one, but honestly i don't know.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    RockGamer also has a few songs from Nightmare.