GigakoopsRBN Announcements Thread

GigakoopsRBNGigakoopsRBN Opening Act
edited June 2013 in The Rock Band Network
Hello, friends, this is a thread where I discuss songs from other artists that I'm currently working on. If you want me to author your music as well, hit me at [email]gigakoopsrbn@gmail.com[/email] and I'll get in touch ASAP.

Artists:

Ashelyn Summers

- Broken Man

Ashes Forever

- Her Repressed Memories

A Talking Fish

- (I Want to Go to) Space
- I Love GNF
- Lake

Cascade

- Circles

Gigakoops

- Death In General
- Night

Hagroth

- [URL=""]Prey of the Dragon (Laszlol

Comments

• GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited September 2011
    GigakoopsRBN;4495526 said:
    Except this guy's comment was "Maybe I should write a song. It wouldn't possibly be as bad as this," followed by a couple "WTF!" comments, a sarcastic "Day one purchase" comment, and even a "Who the f*** thought this was a good idea?"

So that's not advertising, that's trolling.
    Oh, so people thought it was a bad song.

And...if it HADN'T been posted there, they magically would have thought it was a good song when they hear the preview in the Store?
  • edited September 2011
    After all this drama i decided to go and check out the song for myself...

No comment.
  • GigakoopsRBNGigakoopsRBN Opening Act
    edited September 2011
    MagicMurderBag7;4495540 said:
    After all this drama i decided to go and check out the song for myself...

No comment.

Well, the song isn't that great. Even Nathaniel thinks the guitar is annoying, so that's a sign. Still, I thought maybe it'd be fun on harmonies, so I took it up.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited September 2011
    I think it'd be kind of interesting to see how a song like this would sound with better production values on the vocals. The lyrics are kind of amusing in a campy way, so if you had a couple of experienced comedians rapping them off with decent quality recording setups it could kind of work. As it is now, it kind of doesn't.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    GigakoopsRBN;4495526 said:
    Except this guy's comment was "Maybe I should write a song. It wouldn't possibly be as bad as this," followed by a couple "WTF!" comments, a sarcastic "Day one purchase" comment, and even a "Who the f*** thought this was a good idea?"

So that's not advertising, that's trolling.

You get used to it...
    edited September 2011
    I will be cancelling the song "The Big Fight (feat. Raymond Gullible)" by Nathaniel Whitlock due to a lot of hate, and the fact that the artist may not even include it in his album due to it not being "as good quality as the other songs." My apologies to anyone saddened by this.
    edited September 2011
    If you want to go with just the DLC Quickplay hate...
    "That song shouldn't have gotten carried over to the PS3 strictly for the chart alone. There should be some standards, but (pin)ballz breaks all of them."
    "Well Alaska sure is a great addition, but seriously **** Pinballz. Dat extremely lazy, wrong and all around ****** chart.

Hangman would have been so nice to have to ease the pain of the fact that the worst RBN2 chart is comming over right now. "
    "(pin)Ballz before Hangman THE INJUSTICE"
    ""This is the worst song on the Rock Band Network and you yourself are possibly the worst human being to ever upload tracks to the Rock Band Network. In fact, I think you might possibly be one of the worst human beings to ever exist in the history of mankind. Please do us all a favor and kill yourself. Thanks in advance." - Some guy on Youtube comments

Some guy on youtube obviously has you confused with the people who did Top Back and (pin)Ballz. "
  • DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
    edited September 2011
    GigakoopsRBN;4495578 said:
    I will be cancelling the song "The Big Fight (feat. Raymond Gullible)" by Nathaniel Whitlock due to a lot of hate, and the fact that the artist may not even include it in his album due to it not being "as good quality as the other songs." My apologies to anyone saddened by this.

To tell the truth I don't think any of my songs are as good as the others, but The Big Fight was horrible. Just saying, the other three are at least good enough to go on.
  • edited September 2011
    TubaDude49;4495579 said:
    If you want to go with just the DLC Quickplay hate...

Wow thats harsh. The song was for charity there was no need to bash it.
  • TylerFGTylerFG Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    Well, the song could've been better. But still, like I said, a song's a song. The idea of 2 singers fighting on Rock Band did seem kinda fun though.
    edited September 2011
    MagicMurderBag7;4495583 said:
    ...there was no need to bash it.

I do admit that the mix is horrible, but as soon as I found that out it was too late for me to change it.
  • CloudWolfCloudWolf Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    GigakoopsRBN;4495517 said:
    Wow that guy's a douche.
    Well, thank you. Seriously though, what?

For the record, I'm usually pretty reasonable towards RBN songs. Hell, I'm probably the only one on DLCQP who was okay with Pinballz (not that I bought it, the song isn't really my thing), but "The Big Fight" was really crossing the line. It was literally one of the worst things I've ever heard. No offense Nathaniel, but you really should try to invest in better recording software and take your songs a little more serious.
    edited September 2011
    CloudWolf;4495679 said:
    Well, thank you. Seriously though, what?

For the record, I'm usually pretty reasonable towards RBN songs. Hell, I'm probably the only one on DLCQP who was okay with Pinballz (not that I bought it, the song isn't really my thing), but "The Big Fight" was really crossing the line. It was literally one of the worst things I've ever heard. No offense Nathaniel, but you really should try to invest in better recording software and take your songs a little more serious.

Yeah, I'm sorry I said that. I was already in a sour mood, and to find out someone posted the video in a forum pretty much stirring others to go troll on it made me even more angry. I forgive you, and I'm sorry for calling you a douche. I would probably do the same if it were Justin Bieber or BrokenCyde.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited September 2011
    GigakoopsRBN;4495737 said:
    Yeah, I'm sorry I said that. I was already in a sour mood, and to find out someone posted the video in a forum pretty much stirring others to go troll on it made me even more angry. I forgive you, and I'm sorry for calling you a douche. I would probably do the same if it were Justin Bieber or BrokenCyde.

Are you kidding me? I think the only thing you calling him a douche did was say what everyone else is thinking. So it's not like you should be apologizing. Especially if he comes here to "explain himself" with further insults.

"No offense, but this is one of the worst things I've ever heard"

You can't just say no offense. Since when was the RBN a place where only certain musicians that certain people liked could get in? That's the exact opposite of what it is!

If you were to take my word for it, I'd say this guy a total douche whose douchiness could only be surpassed by himself and, frankly, he deserves no let-up or apology. Yeah, people are entitled to their own opinion, but when it becomes mockery, it crosses a line.
  • joescorpionjoescorpion Opening Act
    edited September 2011
    Hey gigakoops just a question how much do you typically charge bands to work on their songs? I know a couple of bands who might be interested.
    edited September 2011
    I know a hardcore punk band from the U.K. named Driven OVerboard who might be interested in working with you man. here is their email [email]drivenoverboard@hotmail.co.uk[/email]
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited September 2011
    joescorpion;4502526 said:
    I know a hardcore punk band from the U.K. named Driven OVerboard who might be interested in working with you man. here is their email [email]drivenoverboard@hotmail.co.uk[/email]

Just emailed them. Thank you.
    edited October 2011
    Hey man I sent you an email there is a band I know who wants to work with you.

Also there is another email you may find interesting.
    edited October 2011
    joescorpion;4512580 said:
    Hey man I sent you an email there is a band I know who wants to work with you.

Also there is another email you may find interesting.

Thank you for those emails. Loving the new logo.
    edited October 2011
    no problem man if you ever want me to refine it down the road all u need is ask i will
    still have the files
    edited October 2011
    Today Levels Part 1 and Levels Part 2 by Gigakoops will hit Playtesting. Part 1 has Levels 1 and 2. This is the harder of the two parts. Levels Part 2 has Levels 3 and 4.

And also, A Talking Fish's (I Want to Go to) Space will hit Peer Review.
  • edited October 2011
    GigakoopsRBN;4517844 said:
    Today Levels Part 1 and Levels Part 2 by Gigakoops will hit Playtesting. Part 1 has Levels 1 and 2. This is the harder of the two parts. Levels Part 2 has Levels 3 and 4.

And also, A Talking Fish's (I Want to Go to) Space will hit Peer Review.

Isn't that a little confusing? Part one has parts 1 and 2 and part 2 has parts 3 and 4? Maybe you should call them parts A and B. So Part A would have Parts 1 and 2 and Part B would have 3 and 4.
    edited October 2011
    MagicMurderBag7;4517849 said:
    Isn't that a little confusing? Part one has parts 1 and 2 and part 2 has parts 3 and 4? Maybe you should call them parts A and B. So Part A would have Parts 1 and 2 and Part B would have 3 and 4.

Thank you. Maybe I should do that next round. But it was suggested in the creator's forums that I put it in two parts as opposed to one large song, though I still think that'd be better.
  • edited October 2011
    LiveHomeVideo;4517854 said:
    Thank you. Maybe I should do that next round. But it was suggested in the creator's forums that I put it in two parts as opposed to one large song, though I still think that'd be better.

How long would it be?
    edited October 2011
    MagicMurderBag7;4517856 said:
    How long would it be?

Around 7-8 minutes.
  • edited October 2011
    LiveHomeVideo;4517857 said:
    Around 7-8 minutes.

Yeah that might be too long for an instrumental.
    edited October 2011
    MagicMurderBag7;4517860 said:
    Yeah that might be too long for an instrumental.

That's the length of Project Unknown, actually. But yeah, Levels is like four mini-instrumentals structured like progress in a video game, so it makes since for that to be separated.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2011
    atalkingfish;4496010 said:
    You can't just say no offense. Since when was the RBN a place where only certain musicians that certain people liked could get in? That's the exact opposite of what it is!
    Since about the same time that one person's views on a song invalidated it for RBN.
    LiveHomeVideo;4517862 said:
    That's the length of Project Unknown, actually. But yeah, Levels is like four mini-instrumentals structured like progress in a video game, so it makes since for that to be separated.
    I don't see why that makes sense for it to be separated.
    edited October 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4517924 said:

I don't see why that makes sense for it to be separated.

It's really four separate songs, with a few seconds of silence between. So it would make perfect since for it to be separated.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited October 2011
    I do think that, from a "levels" standpoint, having 4 separate songs would make the most sense, and the second-most-logical thing to do would be one long song, so breaking it into 2 parts kind of makes the least sense. But I do agree that from a song-lenth standpoint, and a price standpoint, two parts would be the best solution, and I think when all the factors are looked at together, the two parts idea still comes out on top. So I say stick with it.

Might I also suggest just naming the separated songs "Levels 1 and 2" and "Levels 3 and 4"? Seems like that'd make the most sense, since there's no real reason to be less straightforward about it. Especially since, as far as I can tell, there'll be no other way within the game itself to see what "levels" each song is comprised of unless they are explicit in the title.