GigakoopsRBN Announcements Thread

GigakoopsRBNGigakoopsRBN Opening Act
edited June 2013 in The Rock Band Network
Hello, friends, this is a thread where I discuss songs from other artists that I'm currently working on. If you want me to author your music as well, hit me at [email]gigakoopsrbn@gmail.com[/email] and I'll get in touch ASAP.

Artists:

Ashelyn Summers

- Broken Man

Ashes Forever

- Her Repressed Memories

A Talking Fish

- (I Want to Go to) Space
- I Love GNF
- Lake

Cascade

- Circles

Gigakoops

- Death In General
- Night

Hagroth

- [URL=""]Prey of the Dragon (Laszlol

Comments

• GigakoopsRBNGigakoopsRBN Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    The Nathaniel Whitlock songs should be in Playtesting soon, along with new versions of Space, Project Unknown and Night. As for the Ashelyn Summers song, I'm still polishing the chart.

With Night, I decided to reduce the expert drums chart to where there is very few 32nd notes. I hope no one minds.
    edited August 2011
    Ashelyn Summers' "Broken Man" just hit Playtesting today. Just though I should update you on that.
    edited September 2011
    I will be working on yet another Nathaniel Whitlock song, entitled "The Big Fight" featuring a guest star by the name of Raymond Gullible. I think this will be the first Rock Band song to feature two singers fighting each other. Expect to see this battle for the ages to hit Rock Band whenever it passes Peer Review.
  • joescorpionjoescorpion Opening Act
    edited September 2011
    Hey if you want the Nathaniel Whitlock album cover for the songs get it here
    http://cinemetalbloghog.deviantart.com/#/d495q7k
    edited September 2011
    joescorpion;4492812 said:
    Hey if you want the Nathaniel Whitlock album cover for the songs get it here
    http://cinemetalbloghog.deviantart.com/#/d495q7k

Thank you! I'll use it in the next round of uploads of his songs.
    edited September 2011
    Here's a little video of Nathaniel Whitlock's "The Big Fight" featuring Raymond Gullible. This may be the first song with two singers arguing and even fighting alongside the music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcEywM5SARg
  • TylerFGTylerFG Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    GigakoopsRBN;4494730 said:
    Here's a little video of Nathaniel Whitlock's "The Big Fight" featuring Raymond Gullible. This may be the first song with two singers arguing and even fighting alongside the music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcEywM5SARg

Lol, that actually looks fun to play on vocals.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited September 2011
    'Cheesy', 'beginner', 'bluffing', 'question', 'actually', and 'cookies'(the first time, not the second) are incorrectly spelled.
    edited September 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4495416 said:
    'Cheesy', 'beginner', 'bluffing', 'question', 'actually', and 'cookies'(the first time, not the second) are incorrectly spelled.

It's not even in Playtesting yet. This is just a short preview I made for Nathaniel.

And also, in the past few hours there's been a ton of hate comments on that video. Anyone care to explain where the sudden influx of a-holes came from?
  • edited September 2011
    GigakoopsRBN;4495475 said:
    It's not even in Playtesting yet. This is just a short preview I made for Nathaniel.

And also, in the past few hours there's been a ton of hate comments on that video. Anyone care to explain where the sudden influx of a-holes came from?

My guess is that it's simply because the music itself is mediocre and, frankly, not that great. There's few songs that truly annoy me to the point of having to turn them off, because usually songs have at least some musicality even if they're very boring (e.g. a lot of Modern Rock/Alternative/Pop bands nowadays), but this song and all of the other songs by Nathaniel have really turned me off. The guitar 'noise' is incredibly annoying, the song itself outside of the vocals is repetitive, and the singing is very off-time. The syllables don't quite 'fit' in with the rest of the song, and the timing isn't that great. That's just my opinion, and my guess is that's the opinion of the other people who disliked the video/song.

I'll be blunt and say the only thing worse than this song on RBN is the song "!I" which just seems like a joke song.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited September 2011
    BeyondTheUniverseRBN;4495495 said:
    My guess is that it's simply because the music itself is mediocre and, frankly, not that great. There's few songs that truly annoy me to the point of having to turn them off, because usually songs have at least some musicality even if they're very boring (e.g. a lot of Modern Rock/Alternative/Pop bands nowadays), but this song and all of the other songs by Nathaniel have really turned me off. The guitar 'noise' is incredibly annoying, the song itself outside of the vocals is repetitive, and the singing is very off-time. The syllables don't quite 'fit' in with the rest of the song, and the timing isn't that great. That's just my opinion, and my guess is that's the opinion of the other people who disliked the video/song.

Yeah, but four in an hour, when the video was up for two or three days? There's people not liking a song (perfectly understandable) than there's a bunch of people coming just to be dicks. I could understand over time a lot of people not liking it (I'm not expecting a ton of people to flock to this song like it's the most awesome thing or anything), but four comments in an hour is a little ridiculous, especially since it came a few days after the video was uploaded.

And if I just flat out said "No, I don't want to author it because it's bad" to any artist, I'd look like a true a-hole. But since I'm very open (maybe too open) to music, I'll accept anything that people want me to author.
    edited September 2011
    The singing is a little poorly-timed at places, but that hardly ruins it.

And it's no less repetitive than I Miss You by blink-182, but hey, that flourished as a single and a Rock Band download.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    Pretty sure those comments are coming from DLCQuickplay, someone posted the video in the RBN thread there.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited September 2011
    DragoonXD;4495502 said:
    Pretty sure those comments are coming from DLCQuickplay, someone posted the video in the RBN thread there.

That dickhole! They should ask first, shouldn't they?
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited September 2011
    Ask to link to a publicly available youtube video? Ask to link to a preview video for an RBN song in a thread about RBN? I think we've gotten to a point where it's normal to link to preview videos, and the idea of asking permission has literally never come up.
    edited September 2011
    DragoonXD;4495502 said:

I can't find it. Can you link it?
    edited September 2011
    BeyondTheUniverseRBN;4495515 said:

Wow that guy's a douche. Well, since it wasn't put up by the site, I can't do s*** about it. Looks like I'll have to make a f***ing profile on there just to explain to these f***ups why the songs are coming.
    edited September 2011
    LiveHomeVideo;4495504 said:
    That dickhole! They should ask first, shouldn't they?
    Sure, you try that. Then when everyone hates that rule and stops linking to YOUR videos at no expense to yourself, you see how your songs perform compared to when they could show up anywhere and be advertised by anyone.
    edited September 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4495518 said:
    Sure, you try that. Then when everyone hates that rule and stops linking to YOUR videos at no expense to yourself, you see how your songs perform compared to when they could show up anywhere and be advertised by anyone.

Except this guy's comment was "Maybe I should write a song. It wouldn't possibly be as bad as this," followed by a couple "WTF!" comments, a sarcastic "Day one purchase" comment, and even a "Who the f*** thought this was a good idea?"

So that's not advertising, that's trolling.
    edited September 2011
    GigakoopsRBN;4495526 said:
    Except this guy's comment was "Maybe I should write a song. It wouldn't possibly be as bad as this," followed by a couple "WTF!" comments, a sarcastic "Day one purchase" comment, and even a "Who the f*** thought this was a good idea?"

Oh, so people thought it was a bad song.

And...if it HADN'T been posted there, they magically would have thought it was a good song when they hear the preview in the Store?
  • edited September 2011
    After all this drama i decided to go and check out the song for myself...

No comment.
    edited September 2011
    MagicMurderBag7;4495540 said:
    After all this drama i decided to go and check out the song for myself...

No comment.

Well, the song isn't that great. Even Nathaniel thinks the guitar is annoying, so that's a sign. Still, I thought maybe it'd be fun on harmonies, so I took it up.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited September 2011
    I think it'd be kind of interesting to see how a song like this would sound with better production values on the vocals. The lyrics are kind of amusing in a campy way, so if you had a couple of experienced comedians rapping them off with decent quality recording setups it could kind of work. As it is now, it kind of doesn't.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    GigakoopsRBN;4495526 said:

You get used to it...
    edited September 2011
    I will be cancelling the song "The Big Fight (feat. Raymond Gullible)" by Nathaniel Whitlock due to a lot of hate, and the fact that the artist may not even include it in his album due to it not being "as good quality as the other songs." My apologies to anyone saddened by this.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    If you want to go with just the DLC Quickplay hate...
    "That song shouldn't have gotten carried over to the PS3 strictly for the chart alone. There should be some standards, but (pin)ballz breaks all of them."
    "Well Alaska sure is a great addition, but seriously **** Pinballz. Dat extremely lazy, wrong and all around ****** chart.

Hangman would have been so nice to have to ease the pain of the fact that the worst RBN2 chart is comming over right now. "
    "(pin)Ballz before Hangman THE INJUSTICE"
    ""This is the worst song on the Rock Band Network and you yourself are possibly the worst human being to ever upload tracks to the Rock Band Network. In fact, I think you might possibly be one of the worst human beings to ever exist in the history of mankind. Please do us all a favor and kill yourself. Thanks in advance." - Some guy on Youtube comments

Some guy on youtube obviously has you confused with the people who did Top Back and (pin)Ballz. "
  • DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
    edited September 2011
    GigakoopsRBN;4495578 said:
    I will be cancelling the song "The Big Fight (feat. Raymond Gullible)" by Nathaniel Whitlock due to a lot of hate, and the fact that the artist may not even include it in his album due to it not being "as good quality as the other songs." My apologies to anyone saddened by this.

To tell the truth I don't think any of my songs are as good as the others, but The Big Fight was horrible. Just saying, the other three are at least good enough to go on.
  • edited September 2011
    TubaDude49;4495579 said:
    If you want to go with just the DLC Quickplay hate...

Wow thats harsh. The song was for charity there was no need to bash it.