"Queendom" problem

atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
edited August 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Whenever I play "Queendom" by B.et.a and the Neon Panthers, the lead singer is the default male singer, rather than switching to a female lead.

Can I assume this was an error in, er.. "charting" or what?

Comments

• raynebcraynebc Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    I believe when a project is created in Magma, the lead singer's gender can be specified. Without knowing more, I'd consider this a mistake. That aside, it's a great song.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited August 2011
    Yep this is correct. Magma asks you to specify the gender (it defaults to male).

I'm going to assume that most testers have their own premade characters they use (even for testing), at least several of our guys use 'their' band members when testing.

So that might be why it was never caught. But yeah this is an error if a dude is showing up when there isn't a character specified for vocals.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4470846 said:
    So that might be why it was never caught. But yeah this is an error if a dude is showing up when there isn't a character specified for vocals.

That said, the bug seems to happen to me a lot, even on HMX songs. My 'house band' has a female character, and yet I swear there's been female-fronted songs that one of the male characters ends up singing. Never figured out why.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    Make sure you actually had a female character in your band. I know that seems obvious, but I've had all one gender bands before, and thought "why is the singer male/female", when it's because there isn't someone of the other gender to switch to.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    Yes, I have a female character in the band. The way the stuff is set up, the only times there will be no female available for lead is if guitar and drums are playing (which is annoying) or most sets of three. But this is keys and guitar (very standard at my house) and keys (also very standard) and there definitely is the male assigned to lead.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited August 2011
    This is a game-breaking issue
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited August 2011
    DragoonXD;4470875 said:
    Make sure you actually had a female character in your band. I know that seems obvious, but I've had all one gender bands before, and thought "why is the singer male/female", when it's because there isn't someone of the other gender to switch to.

Yeah this is a good point. If you have a full band of custom characters assigned as stand ins and none of the characters are female it will just switch the lead singer (assuming no one is singing at the time) with one of your other male characters that aren't being used by a human player.

And if you do have female players, if someone is playing them then it won't switch them to the vocal slot.

TL/DR :

The only way it will switch to a female player in a full custom character band is if A - there's a female character in your band, and B - that female character isn't currently used by an active human player.