edited August 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Finally! The first one came through.

SONGS:
Fallen Angel - "Ashes to Ashes / Leaving It All Behind"
Lich King - "Act of War"

More info, credits, and more
can be found at http://rbnstuff.com/songs/upcoming/

WARNING:
These songs are not official until they are on the Rock Band Music Store. Download at your own risk.

Comments

• FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    That one's RhythmAuthors.

This also seems like the appropriate place to bring this up, since we're past the quarantine deadline for this week. From what I can tell, it's gonna be slow this week, and I wanna explain why before people get speculating.

If you follow things closely, you'd recall there were a few more songs being pulled before release than usual over the last few weeks. This has led to a lot of discussion on review standards and process. General consensus was, things were okay, but some things needed improvement. Some are process-related, and authors and reviewers have definitely been paying attention to those (and being a little more cautious with reviews as a result). The Harmonix folks have also worked in some more processes of their own to keep a better eye on things without controlling the community. We'll see over time how well those work, but I'm optimistic.

Another bit that came out of this were some additional tools that community members put together. Thanks to wesjett08 and Casto21, reviewers can much more readily check a number of authoring rules and guidelines that, frankly, are very hard to spot. Most people playing songs with those issues would never know they were there, but they are issues.

Of course, new toys means everyone wants to play. Turns out, a lot of songs had one or two spots like that, issues that would likely have gone unnoticed. Some songs had more (and I'll raise my own hand on that), some were totally clean. But for the most part, authors agreed that they were good reason to pull songs and improve them. This wound up nullifying quite a few votes (songs go back to 0% when they're revised), so songs that might have passed this week with minor concerns are stalled for a week or two and improved in the process.

Just like any change in process, there's been a gap for re-acclimation. But the end result will be less songs pulled in quarantine (and by extension, from the store) and higher-quality charts when songs are released, both in terms of visible and invisible issues. It's not that we're being lazy or that RBN is dying or anything, just a stoppage while we streamline production.

And it's happening on Def Leppard week, so really, you've got songs to play. :P
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited August 2011
    I Emailed noble about signing up to be a playtester and he passed on my request, but unfortunately I haven't got a reply back yet
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    Not a big deal for this week at least. That Lich King song is amazing.
  • ExayleExayle Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    Anything else in the pipeline? Someone should bump the thread and-or wake me up when something happens. We've got to be getting close to that new ABR track.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    Exayle;4471895 said:
    Anything else in the pipeline? Someone should bump the thread and-or wake me up when something happens. We've got to be getting close to that new ABR track.

If I remember/understand right, there may be some Fallen Angel and After the Burial this week, but I don't know what else (and I can't even guarantee those, obviously).
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited August 2011
    atalkingfish;4471118 said:

SONGS:
    Lich King - "Act of War" *
    Wow. Small world. I know someone in that band (sorta).
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    Btw, here's the preview vid for Act of War.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited August 2011
    Riles, I have a tester account via AGLSolutions but I can't seem to connect to RB3 with Magma so maybe you can have it if further attempts don't work out for me.
  • ShibariShibari Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    Been waiting for that Lich King song for ages! THHHHRAASHHHH!!!!
  • Heavens_SaintHeavens_Saint Rising Star
    edited August 2011
    Yeahhhhhh Lich King are finally coming out! :) I hope they release more of their stuff.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    Added...
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    atalkingfish;4473350 said:
    Added...
    Just wanted to say this has the coolest venue I think I've ever seen.
    edited August 2011
    So, will this be the first active week that the PS3 gets more RBN songs than the 360?
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited August 2011
    Bront20;4473387 said:
    So, will this be the first active week that the PS3 gets more RBN songs than the 360?

Signs point to yes.
  • RockGamerRockGamer Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    DragoonXD;4473380 said:
    Just wanted to say this has the coolest venue I think I've ever seen.

Thanks for the kind words! We'll pass them along to our venue team.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited August 2011
    kingtonyx;4472438 said:
    Riles, I have a tester account via AGLSolutions but I can't seem to connect to RB3 with Magma so maybe you can have it if further attempts don't work out for me.

I dunno how I would get it if you have it, but sure :)
  • ExayleExayle Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    Bront20;4473387 said:

It's a sad, sad week.
  • bwestplaysdrumsbwestplaysdrums Unsigned
    edited August 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4471814 said:
    Not a big deal for this week at least. That Lich King song is amazing.
    Shibari;4472623 said:
    Been waiting for that Lich King song for ages! THHHHRAASHHHH!!!!

Wow, thanks guys! Glad to hear that people are excited for the track - it's been a work in progress for a while and we're pretty stoked that it's finally coming out.
    Bront20;4472224 said:
    Wow. Small world. I know someone in that band (sorta).

Wait, for real? I take it you know Tom somehow?
    Heavens_Saint;4472668 said:
    Yeahhhhhh Lich King are finally coming out! :) I hope they release more of their stuff.
    We'll definitely be releasing more RBN tracks in the future. I recorded and mixed World Gone Dead, so I have all the stems for the album available. What songs would you like to see?
    edited August 2011
    bwestplaysdrums;4474203 said:

Wait, for real? I take it you know Tom somehow?
    I know him as Dr. Midnight from CircvsMaximvs.
  • ShibariShibari Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    bwestplaysdrums;4474203 said:

We'll definitely be releasing more RBN tracks in the future. I recorded and mixed World Gone Dead, so I have all the stems for the album available. What songs would you like to see?

Every single one, thank you
    edited August 2011
    On a side note, I don't know who manages RBNStuff.com, but that black on gray is horrible to read, especially on an LCD monitor.