Official Discussion Thread: DLC Week of 8/16 - Fall Out Boy 3 Pack and Deep Purple!

edited August 2011 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4472845 said:
Hey gang,

Fall Out Boy make their triumphant return to Rock Band this week, dropping an amazing 3-pack of some of their biggest hits. The pack leads off with 2 tracks from Fall Out Boy’s 2005 major label debut, From Under the Cork Tree, “Sugar, We’re Going Down” and “Dance, Dance”. The pack is rounded out by “Thnks fr th Mmrs” the smash hit from the band’s platinum follow-up, Infinity on High.

Joining this Fall Out Boy 3-pack is an amazing single from Deep Purple, Child in Time. The hard rock pioneers are best known to Rock Band fans as the band behind “Highway Star”, the standout Rock Band track that also underscored the first Rock Band disc’s cinematic. Child in Time is an unbelievable riff driven anthem, from the 1970 Deep Purple release Deep Purple in Rock, and clocks in at an impressive 10 minutes and 18 seconds.

As always, songs available as downloadable content for Rock Band 3 feature five-button guitar and bass parts, drums, Pro Drums, and keys, Pro Keys and harmonies, where applicable. Some songs also feature Pro Guitar and Pro Bass upgrades available for an additional $0.99 upgrade download.

Available on Xbox 360, Wii andPlayStation®3 system (August 16th, 2011):

• Fall Out Boy – “Dance, Dance”
• Fall Out Boy – “Sugar, We’re Goin’ Down” X
• Fall Out Boy – “Thnks fr th Mmrs”
• Deep Purple – “Child in Time”

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system August 17th)
The 3 available Fall Out Boy tracks will be available as “Fall Out Boy Pack 01”, and all tracks will be available for purchase as individually on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points, 550 Wii Points™) for “Fall Out Boy Pack 01”
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

To discuss this DLC please visit the official discussion thread in the Rock Band forum.

For all DLC song credits, including album and genre info as well as difficulty ratings, you can check out the Songs page.

And for awesome background information on this content, including recording details, album of origin, and release details you can head on over to the Rock Band 'Zine for brand new articles!

Rock Band Network releases are listed below!

hmxhenry;4472847 said:
Here's the Rock Band Network songs that hit Xbox 360 this past Thursday, 8/11/2011:

Metal
Fallen Angel - "Ashes to Ashes/Leaving It All Behind" (160 MSP)
Lich King - "Act of War" (80 MSP)

And here's the RBN songs coming to PS3 on Tuesday, 8/16/2011 (SCEA) and Wednesday, 8/17/2011 (SCEE):

Buckner & Garcia - "Pac-Man Fever" ($1.99) - Pop-Rock
Buckner & Garcia - "Froggy's Lament" ($1.99) - Pop-Rock
Buckner & Garcia - "Hyperspace" ($1.99) - Pop-Rock
Buckner & Garcia - "Mousetrap" ($1.99) - Pop-Rock
Possible Oscar - "Dead Again" ($1.99) - Rock
A Fall out Boy track pack, A Deep Purple track and some classic vid game inspired parody jams from RBN, quite a broad offering!

Discuss!

Comments

• PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    So we're getting one of the greatest rock anthems of all time, and the only pro upgrade of the week goes to Fall Out Boy.

/facepalm
  • ThatDudeBoThatDudeBo Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    Der_Lex;4475375 said:
    Way to twist my words, dude. I said I considered it as epic as the Yes tracks, considering that it's a legendary ten minute classic rock track that'll be tough but fun on just about every instrument and vocals. I personally can't see how anyone who's a prog fan can so easily poo-poo Child in Time, since it pretty much has all the requirements of an epic prog track, just not the genre label.

To each his own, though. I for one know I'm looking forward to playing this on keys as much as I was looking forward to South Side of the Sky, and that's saying something.
    You said it'd possibly be more epic than the yes pack, which undoubtedly fused some pretty big hype. I really don't think I'm poo-pooing CiT by saying it's not nearly as awesome as the entire Yes pack. However, as I've said before, and as you make it sound in this post, you probably meant a single track vs CiT, and not the pack altogether.
  • RockBandand24FanaticRockBandand24Fanatic Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    While Child in Time is indeed epic, I was hoping when Deep Purple had its DLC return we would atleast get a three pack, I want Lazy, Fireball, My Woman From Tokyo, Hush, Burn, Soldier of Fortune etc...
    Also I realize we just got 6 Pro Guitar Upgrades, but only getting one next week is a bit of a dissapointment. The P G/B upgrade should have gone to Child in Time.

Ah hell, I shouldn't really be complaining, this week is awesome. I'm buying all 4.
  • calabrelcalabrel Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4475386 said:
    Peer review adjustments.

Yeah, just noticed this post here.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited August 2011
    ThatDudeBo;4475389 said:
    You said it'd possibly be more epic than the yes pack, which undoubtedly fused some pretty big hype. I really don't think I'm poo-pooing CiT by saying it's not nearly as awesome as the entire Yes pack. However, as I've said before, and as you make it sound in this post, you probably meant a single track vs CiT, and not the pack altogether.
    there's one particular track next week that hasn't shown up in any 'leaks' yet that I'm personally very excited about, because it may rival the Yes pack in sheer epicness.
    Using the words 'personally' and 'may', it's really your own fault if you overhyped it.

Hell, it'd be your fault even if he said it WOULD rival the Yes Pack, mostly because it's pretty easy to grasp that music is subjective.
  • PlutarchPlutarch Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    Child in Time! Holy sh*t, where did that come from?! That's gonna be EPIC!

Still, I agree with some others - MOAR Deep Purple is needed - Speed King, Hush, Burn, all that good stuff. Fallout Boy is definitely not my thing, why can't they just spell complete words? You don't see "Chld n tme."
  • LunaticSoulLunaticSoul Rising Star
    edited August 2011
    HMX doesn't chart pro guitar for long songs. The only obvious exception was TTFaF but I suppose that time HMX did it just for teh lulz

--

Just decided I'm sold on Thx fo' tha mmrs (or how the hell they decide to spell it) because keys seems epic and I'll decide if the whole pack is good enough by looking at elison's videos.
    edited August 2011
    Plutarch;4475398 said:
    Still, I agree with some others - MOAR Deep Purple is needed - Speed King, Hush, Burn, all that good stuff.
    Hush and Burn added woulda made for a nice Deep Purple 01.
  • MourganDespanaMourganDespana Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    Man, is it Tuesday yet?
  • Doom878Doom878 Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    I'll check out DP. Prob a track I've heard. I should've told HMX my bday was tomorrow so that I could get Countdown to Extinction with all pro guitar that they held for me. Foiled again!
  • striderblackstriderblack Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4475400 said:
    Hush and Burn added woulda made for a nice Deep Purple 01.

Amen. Hopefully we'll see more in the future.

Anyway, Child in Time is a must-buy...I'll probably grab Sugar and Dance eventually. Don't care for MVS (missing-vowel-song)
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited August 2011
    Excellent job giving the RB1 bands some love, you guys

Getting all four with gusto. Fall Out Boy gets a high quality three pack, probably the best three pack of the year (until Incubus gets released anyway, then it'll probably be a tie :D)

And the Deep Purple song is cool too. OOHHHHHHHHH, SWEET CHILD IN TIIIIIIIIME. That's the song right? By Guns 'n Roses?
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited August 2011
    Sweet, Fall Out Boy and Pierce The Veil next week.
  • lasseskaanlasseskaan Unsigned
    edited August 2011
    Child In Time???? OMFG that AHHHHHAAAHHH!! almost let my ears to bleed. Sorry DP fans
  • CHampDudeCHampDude Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    Fallout Boy will be great for parties :)
  • nascarfan19nascarfan19 Headliner
    edited August 2011
    Don't know any of these by heart (maybe FOB but they didn't give any trailer for that), so I'll give 'em a listen
  • Blind_3Blind_3 Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    Wouldn't mind more Deep Purple. Jon Lord's keyboard solo's are insane! Oh well there's always another Tuesday DLC day.
  • 3pic81ueUnicorn3pic81ueUnicorn Not Active Enough
    edited August 2011
    In the words of Freddie Mercury: "I want it all."
  • Darky_06Darky_06 Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    Whaaaaat how can Child in Time be released and not get an upgrade. One of DP's greatest songs with an amazing Blackmore guitar solo.
    edited August 2011
    lasseskaan;4475425 said:
    No HeyRiles its not Guns n roses but i wish it was that goes OOHHHHHHHH SWEET CHILD OF MIIIIIIIINE not SWEET CHILD IN TIIIIIIIIME.
    Are you kidding.
  • RockBandand24FanaticRockBandand24Fanatic Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    lasseskaan;4475425 said:
    No HeyRiles its not Guns n roses but i wish it was that goes OOHHHHHHHH SWEET CHILD OF MIIIIIIIINE not SWEET CHILD IN TIIIIIIIIME.

*facepalm*
  • stigdustigdu Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    Don't know any of the music - listened to it on Youtube - crap.

No worries, most of the recent few weeks have been great!
  • AerthelAerthel Unsigned
    edited August 2011
    I like "Dance, Dance" so gonna get that one.

But man, I'm still waiting for Burn. I mean, after you hear that keys solo you know you have to play that on Rock Band. Child in Time looks cool, but I need to see the complete chart first befor I buy.

C'mon HMX, the next Deep Purple song has to be Burn =).
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited August 2011
    On the one hand, Child in Time. On the other hand, not Speed King.

It's Deep Purple--a win either way.
  • johnnyboybladejohnnyboyblade Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    This week is so bittersweet for me.

As much as I hate fall out boy's music, the songs would probably be pretty fun to play, but man, Deep Purple's return with such an awesome track....yet only ONE track..........So happy, yet.......
  • EpidehlEpidehl Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    Will probably get the FoB tracks, if only because they are consistently fun on drums. MAY get Child in Time, didn't really recognize it but I'll check the charts to see if it'll be fun.
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited August 2011
    Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't "Child In Time" THE Deep Purple song that most have been requesting/talking about on the boards for years?

Why all the b*tching?
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited August 2011
    Only getting one song.
    RockBandRocker;4475437 said:
    Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't "Child In Time" THE Deep Purple song that most have been requesting/talking about on the boards for years?

Why all the b*tching?
    I remember all of *****ing when the Deep Purple song on disc wasn't Child in Time.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    Why all the b*tching?

Because of the non-existing pro upgrade, which went to FOB.
  • PlutarchPlutarch Road Warrior
    edited August 2011

Why all the b*tching?

Haha yeah, it's sad how people are like "I want to be happy about Child in Time but I JUST CAN'T" cause of lack of a pack or lack of a pro chart or whatever. Just that typical entitlement stuff - "How dare you release Deep Purple when it's not in the specific PACK I want with all the upgrades I want!" Personally, I had NO expectations of getting this song so out of the blue, so I'm really psyched!
This discussion has been closed.