Official Discussion Thread: DLC Week of 8/16 - Fall Out Boy 3 Pack and Deep Purple!

edited August 2011 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4472845 said:
Hey gang,

Fall Out Boy make their triumphant return to Rock Band this week, dropping an amazing 3-pack of some of their biggest hits. The pack leads off with 2 tracks from Fall Out Boy’s 2005 major label debut, From Under the Cork Tree, “Sugar, We’re Going Down” and “Dance, Dance”. The pack is rounded out by “Thnks fr th Mmrs” the smash hit from the band’s platinum follow-up, Infinity on High.

Joining this Fall Out Boy 3-pack is an amazing single from Deep Purple, Child in Time. The hard rock pioneers are best known to Rock Band fans as the band behind “Highway Star”, the standout Rock Band track that also underscored the first Rock Band disc’s cinematic. Child in Time is an unbelievable riff driven anthem, from the 1970 Deep Purple release Deep Purple in Rock, and clocks in at an impressive 10 minutes and 18 seconds.

As always, songs available as downloadable content for Rock Band 3 feature five-button guitar and bass parts, drums, Pro Drums, and keys, Pro Keys and harmonies, where applicable. Some songs also feature Pro Guitar and Pro Bass upgrades available for an additional $0.99 upgrade download.

Available on Xbox 360, Wii andPlayStation®3 system (August 16th, 2011):

• Fall Out Boy – “Dance, Dance”
• Fall Out Boy – “Sugar, We’re Goin’ Down” X
• Fall Out Boy – “Thnks fr th Mmrs”
• Deep Purple – “Child in Time”

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system August 17th)
The 3 available Fall Out Boy tracks will be available as “Fall Out Boy Pack 01”, and all tracks will be available for purchase as individually on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points, 550 Wii Points™) for “Fall Out Boy Pack 01”
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

To discuss this DLC please visit the official discussion thread in the Rock Band forum.

For all DLC song credits, including album and genre info as well as difficulty ratings, you can check out the Songs page.

And for awesome background information on this content, including recording details, album of origin, and release details you can head on over to the Rock Band 'Zine for brand new articles!

Rock Band Network releases are listed below!

hmxhenry;4472847 said:
Here's the Rock Band Network songs that hit Xbox 360 this past Thursday, 8/11/2011:

Metal
Fallen Angel - "Ashes to Ashes/Leaving It All Behind" (160 MSP)
Lich King - "Act of War" (80 MSP)

And here's the RBN songs coming to PS3 on Tuesday, 8/16/2011 (SCEA) and Wednesday, 8/17/2011 (SCEE):

Buckner & Garcia - "Pac-Man Fever" ($1.99) - Pop-Rock
Buckner & Garcia - "Froggy's Lament" ($1.99) - Pop-Rock
Buckner & Garcia - "Hyperspace" ($1.99) - Pop-Rock
Buckner & Garcia - "Mousetrap" ($1.99) - Pop-Rock
Possible Oscar - "Dead Again" ($1.99) - Rock
A Fall out Boy track pack, A Deep Purple track and some classic vid game inspired parody jams from RBN, quite a broad offering!

Discuss!

Comments

• GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited August 2011
    If I had RB parties, I'd get FOB, but as it stands, I'll just get Child in Time eventually.
  • CahillCahill Unsigned
    edited August 2011
    Extremely disappointed that pro wasn't included for Child in Time. :(
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    "Child in Time" for the win.
  • The_OreoThe_Oreo Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    Yowsers, Child In Time is a hell of a track. Picking everything up this week.
  • Nickalos NNickalos N Rising Star
    edited August 2011
    I'll be getting the FOB for sure, i'll have to give "Child in Time" a listen to
  • Daniel_devonnDaniel_devonn Unsigned
    edited August 2011
    Child in time and Memories for me :3

Think Child in time will be the newest hardest vocals song.
  • prodrummer1prodrummer1 Rising Star
    edited August 2011
    omg omg omg child in time!!!
  • ThatDudeBoThatDudeBo Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    So much for "more epic than Yes" lol
  • RingoHallidayRingoHalliday Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    I don't know Deep Purple as well as I should... Didn't know the song before, but now I'm listening to it and loving it!!!! Can't wait! I too wish it had pro, but regardless I'm excited! Since I'm not going to buy the Fall Out Boy guess I'll plan on buying one of the many packs I've been wanting but haven't purchased yet.... Never enough $$$ to buy all the DLC I grave, still have over 100 songs I haven't purchaed that I really want... So still going to be an awsome week for me!
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    Damn, I was 100% sure Incubus would be this week.

I might get the FOB pack. Don't know Child in Time, so I'll have to listen to it first.
  • AnacondaAnaconda Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    Child in Time as I predicted! Awwww yeeeeaaaah!
    Too bad its gonna be pretty much waiting for speed up for guitar.
    Still really epic!
    Fall Out Boy meh for me, not gonna get it.
  • gham77gham77 Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    Meh. not for me thanks.

Actually i think i will reserve judgement until i've listened to them.
    Just remembered that i bought "This ain't a scene.." and very much enjoy playing it despite it being rediculously censored.

Unless the Deep Purple track is an early one i guarantee i'll hate it.
  • bjyaritzbjyaritz Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    Deep Purple for me! FOB is not my taste. I do look forward to more Free Spirit on RBN in the next few weeks.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited August 2011
    Just found out that this was released early. Not a bad week. I'll buy all of it. I really expected Incubus, but glad we got this instead. Oh well. We'll have to get Incubus eventually. Unfortunately.
  • hakko504hakko504 Rising Star
    edited August 2011
    ThatDudeBo;4475344 said:
    Well, it would have been if 'Child In Time' had Pro guitar. Anyway, I'll get it just for the greatness of the song. And because it's probably going to be fun as h**l on keys.

Edit: Just listened to the FoB track. Sounds OK, but nothing special, so I will get the one with Pro Guitar. Maybe pick up the others later, but I doubt it.
  • jeronemitchelljeronemitchell Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    Of the leaked stuff, Fall Out Boy was the stuff I was LEAST looking forward to, but that is only do to comparison. "Thnx fr th mmrs" is bought, but that's it.
  • CroqCroq Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    Deep Purple for sure. Fall Out Boy possibly (have to give them a listen).
  • Pitch-BlackPitch-Black Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    Ugh. Two weeks in a row of nothing at all of interest to me. I don't think that's happened since RB 3's release. I'm starting to get DLC withdrawl! Anyway, congrats to fans of FOB and Deep Purple. Enjoy! I'll just sit back and twitch while eagerly anticipating next weeks DLC announcements.
  • edited August 2011
    ThatDudeBo;4475344 said:

Way to twist my words, dude. I said I considered it as epic as the Yes tracks, considering that it's a legendary ten minute classic rock track that'll be tough but fun on just about every instrument and vocals. I personally can't see how anyone who's a prog fan can so easily poo-poo Child in Time, since it pretty much has all the requirements of an epic prog track, just not the genre label.

To each his own, though. I for one know I'm looking forward to playing this on keys as much as I was looking forward to South Side of the Sky, and that's saying something.
  • WillHabs29WillHabs29 Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    Fall out Noy = ****.

Deep Purple = Epic Win !!!

But there is no pro-upgrade on Child in Time???
  • MourganDespanaMourganDespana Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    BUYING IT ALL! STUFF FO CURRENT MUSIC LOVERS, AND PEOPLE WHO JUST WANT TO FREAK OUT!

Goodness, this will be a fun week.
  • masterantoniomasterantonio Rising Star
    edited August 2011
    I'll get Deep Purple, I'm surprised we didn't get a full pack by them, I would really love "perfect strangers". We also need a full pack of Heart. I'll pass on FOB, not really my style.
  • CahillCahill Unsigned
    edited August 2011
    hakko504;4475368 said:
    Well, it would have been if 'Child In Time' had Pro guitar. Anyway, I'll get it just for the greatness of the song. And because it's probably going to be fun as h**l on keys.

This. I still can't believe there's no pro for it. Epic, iconic, classic song and we get pro on a Fall Out Boy tune instead. What a let down for me hmx.
  • calabrelcalabrel Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    Did I miss something? What's with the low RBN output? *Goes to check the RBN forum*
  • LunaticSoulLunaticSoul Rising Star
    edited August 2011
    I don't know whether to say "bummer that they could snatch only one DP song" or "OMFG Child in Time".

I'll just go with a mixed reaction.. "OMG AWESOME BUT WHY ONLY ONE????". I swear that if we get more Dire Straits and we receive just one track I'll weep. ;)

FOB..Mmh, Dead on Arrival has been a staple song since RB1 days, and I recently bought "I Don't Care" volountarily, should really give a listen to the pack. :p
  • skyp1eskyp1e Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    I love Jon Lord, but he's no Rick Wakeman. Still I'll buy anything he's playing on. Feh, "as epic as the Yes pack" pffft.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited August 2011
    calabrel;4475383 said:
    Did I miss something? What's with the low RBN output? *Goes to check the RBN forum*
    Peer review adjustments.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    So we're getting one of the greatest rock anthems of all time, and the only pro upgrade of the week goes to Fall Out Boy.

/facepalm
  • ThatDudeBoThatDudeBo Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    Der_Lex;4475375 said:
    Way to twist my words, dude. I said I considered it as epic as the Yes tracks, considering that it's a legendary ten minute classic rock track that'll be tough but fun on just about every instrument and vocals. I personally can't see how anyone who's a prog fan can so easily poo-poo Child in Time, since it pretty much has all the requirements of an epic prog track, just not the genre label.

To each his own, though. I for one know I'm looking forward to playing this on keys as much as I was looking forward to South Side of the Sky, and that's saying something.
    You said it'd possibly be more epic than the yes pack, which undoubtedly fused some pretty big hype. I really don't think I'm poo-pooing CiT by saying it's not nearly as awesome as the entire Yes pack. However, as I've said before, and as you make it sound in this post, you probably meant a single track vs CiT, and not the pack altogether.
  • RockBandand24FanaticRockBandand24Fanatic Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    While Child in Time is indeed epic, I was hoping when Deep Purple had its DLC return we would atleast get a three pack, I want Lazy, Fireball, My Woman From Tokyo, Hush, Burn, Soldier of Fortune etc...
    Also I realize we just got 6 Pro Guitar Upgrades, but only getting one next week is a bit of a dissapointment. The P G/B upgrade should have gone to Child in Time.

Ah hell, I shouldn't really be complaining, this week is awesome. I'm buying all 4.
This discussion has been closed.