People sure are desperate for the lego rock band export key

jweber13jweber13 Unsigned
edited August 2011 in LEGO: Rock Band
I recently went on ebay to buy the export key and it was only going for a little over $1 and I was going to bid a little higher when in the final 10 seconds somebody bids $5 then the winning bid comes in last second for $6.50. I'm just like you could have bought the game almost for that much, I just decided to buy a new copy for $10 and sell it on ebay for around the price the guy bought the export key for, so it's like I'm only paying $3.50 for the code. I never realized there was such demand for this though that someone would almost spend as much as the game can be bought new for a code that only leads you to spend more money.

Please no hate, I just was wondering why there is such high demand for this key, I was easily able to obtain the Rock Band 2 key for free.

Comments

• GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited August 2011
    Last-second bids on eBay are signs of high demand? No, they're signs of someone wanting to buy something.

$6.50 is desperate bidding? No, that's a pretty good deal.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited August 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4473353 said:
    Last-second bids on eBay are signs of high demand? No, they're signs of someone wanting to buy something.

$6.50 is desperate bidding? No, that's a pretty good deal.

So that'd be $6.50 to buy the code (hope it even works..) than $10 to export.
  • mvincentmvincent Unsigned
    edited August 2011
    jweber13;4473351 said:
    Please no hate, I just was wondering why there is such high demand for this key
    They're really good songs. Also, many people only have an interest in the songs and not the lego game. And since many adults get paid $30+ hr. (or even billing several hundred hr. for contract work), saving a 30 min. trip to the store can totally be worth $6.50. I'm actually kinda surprised the price wasn't higher.
  • SneakylooterSneakylooter Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    I guess everyone wants to play The Final Countdown.
  • edited August 2011
    They are in demand because people are buying the game used or from the XBOX marketplace and then realizing they do not have an export code.
  • diieeegodiieeego Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    and still no export for the wii *sigh*
    edited August 2011
    Dangimarocker;4473543 said:
    So that'd be $6.50 to buy the code (hope it even works..) than $10 to export.
    Yes, good job. As opposed to $10+ for the disc(which you have to wait to ship to you, instead of just being emailed a code) and another $10 to export.

Again, this method saves waiting time and money, so why is it desperate?
  • Fatal_TFatal_T Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    That's a steal of a price for an awesome game.

Loved the songs, and mixing RB with the LEGO theme was pure win for me - it was definitely worth full price for me.
  • jweber13jweber13 Unsigned
    edited August 2011
    I guess its a good deal but I really only liked half of the songs in Lego Rock Band, too much generic indie music and not enough classic rock or older songs. Still the P!nk song brought back some nostalgia when I used to work out years ago at my local gym and Fire/Final Countdown/Ghostbusters are some of the most epic songs in history. Maybe I just am spoiled because i get free amazon prime shipping in two days for being a student, so I guess if you don't have prime $6.50 isn't a bad deal for a code.
  • xocsucramxocsucram Unsigned
    edited August 2011
    idk why RB didnt allow us to just buy the 10$ export key like all their other games

but the only notable song i remember off it was the studio version of Hendrix Fire, which we got the live version in RB3 DLC anyways so i damn sure wasnt enticed to buy the game at retail(to garuntee the code wasnt used)
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited August 2011
    Doc_SoCal;4473652 said:
    They are in demand because people are buying the game used or from the XBOX marketplace and then realizing they do not have an export code.
    Or folks thinking they only need the code, when they need the game as well to buy the export.

It's sad too, because HMX looses out on revanue when folks buy the game used.

That said, it's a shame the digital copy on the 360 didn't include the export key in the game.
    edited August 2011
    xocsucram;4474798 said:
    idk why RB didnt allow us to just buy the 10$ export key like all their other games
    Like Rock Band 2, which required an unused code?

Or Green Day, which required an unused code?

You're 1 for 4 on reusable codes. That one is also the oldest.
    Bront20;4475266 said:
    Or folks thinking they only need the code, when they need the game as well to buy the export.
    Can't you use RB3's new 'Redeem Code' bit to put it right in there?
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited August 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4475267 said:
    Can't you use RB3's new 'Redeem Code' bit to put it right in there?
    Nope, the code is for the key file that you can DL that lets you buy the export from the store.

At least I don't think you can.
  • Stol-FA-LinStol-FA-Lin Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    Last minute bidding on eBay is only a sign of how many jerks there are on eBay who think buying things out from other people at the last minute is a funny thing to do. And that there are people who think that bidding is an exciting fun game. After all, most of them just resell or throw away the stuff they get anyway.

;)
    edited August 2011
    Stol-FA-Lin;4475859 said:
    Last minute bidding on eBay is only a sign of how many jerks there are on eBay who think buying things out from other people at the last minute is a funny thing to do.
    Or maybe it's people that want something.
  • pubert09pubert09 Unsigned
    edited August 2011
    I would like to play Two Princes and Aliens Exist personally, but unfortunately I have a Wii....boo Ninty support.