New Rock Band Box, Holiday 2011 Confirmed

peterock2007peterock2007 Road Warrior
edited September 2011 in Rock Band
Okay so it's a bundle of rb3 not a new rb, but still interesting info.
rockbandaide said:
Yes, you read that correctly. I also had to double check the date of the source when I originally read this, as well.

We learned last year that peripheral maker MadCatz would be Rock Band 3′s official peripheral maker, and that outside of the Squier Pro-Guitar, production of all instruments for Rock Band 3 would be managed them. Unlike previous Rock Band core titles, Rock Band 3 did not come in a version bundled with all instruments, rather a single bundle was produced existing of only the game and the new Keys peripheral.

According to Gamasutra, MadCatz has entered into an agreement with Harmonix that allows them to re-release Rock Band 3 this coming holiday season. It also appears that MadCatz will be creating a few new bundles to satisfy customers who didn’t get on board last year. The first is a bundle that will include the game and both the Keys and Guitar peripherals. The second bundle will include the game and a Mustang Pro-Guitar.

If you remember, the price of the Rock Band 3 software was discounted to $19.99 earlier this year, and there is as of yet no word on the bundle pricing.

MadCatz president Darren Richardson commented on the agreement:

“We are pleased to assume publishing responsibilities for Rock Band 3 this holiday season. Rock Band is the ultimate interactive experience for any music fan, whether they’re looking for a great party game to share with friends, playing through Rock Band’s 3000 plus song library, or seeking out a fun way to learn guitar, drum or keyboard skills using Rock Band 3’s Pro Mode.”

While Rock Band 3 was a critical success, many sources note that the volume of sales was far less than expected. Does MadCatz believe they can capitalize on something that was missed the first time around?

This could increase the visibility of rb3, and push more new sales. I was considering buying a new drum set, but I guess I'll wait and see what the bundle looks like.

Also this pushed rb4 back even farther in our guessing when it will be released game. Holiday 2012 anyone?

Comments

• skyp1eskyp1e Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    Bundles like this might mean my buying some RB3 for friends and family this holiday season. Good thinking, HMX/Madcatz!
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited August 2011
    They should just release a Rock Band 3: Game of the Year Edition.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    hmmm... i guess better a year late than never?
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    Unless I am reading the press release wrong, I don't think drums are being included in the bundle. The bundle will be either 1) game, legacy guitar, keys, or 2) game and Mustang.
  • Darky_06Darky_06 Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    Any oppurtunity to increase the pro playerbase gets a tick in my book.
  • edited August 2011
    dog037;4473504 said:
    They should just release a Rock Band 3: Game of the Year Edition.

Don't those usually come with all the DLC? I'd buy it!
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    My 2 big questions:

Have whatever mysterious barriers that existed last year that prohibited the sale of software+hardware bundles in North America for the Wii and PS3... suddenly vanished?

Will anyone figure out a way to get this hardware across the border into Canada without requiring a Canadian would-be purchaser to go on a multi-week snipe hunt?
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited August 2011
    I wonder if there's going to be an Epic Elite Edition featuring all the pro instruments. Like keyboard, mustang, multiple microphones, and pro drums?

More likely it's going to be just the regular drums, mic, and guitar bundle... possibly with keys.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited August 2011
    Witticus;4473514 said:
    I wonder if there's going to be an Epic Elite Edition featuring all the pro instruments. Like keyboard, mustang, multiple microphones, and pro drums?

More likely it's going to be just the regular drums, mic, and guitar bundle... possibly with keys.

There's only a game + keys and guitar bundle and a game + mustang bundle.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited August 2011
    dog037;4473515 said:
    There's only a game + keys and guitar bundle and a game + mustang bundle.

Anything can happen. Did you think they'd be rereleasing the game this year? Whats to stop them from making an "only available online" pro pack later?
  • lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    The combination of Mustang and Game is a good idea. If your paying that much for the controller it only seems reasonable to add the game for free. Hopefully retailers will find room on the shelves for it.
  • b2trumpetb2trumpet Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    That's pretty cool. I'm sure a lot of people will get it/gift it.
    They should include a 1600 MSP/$20 PSN/2000 Wii Point card as well to encourage people to use it for DLC.

If only they could get a Keys, Guitar, Drums, Mic, Game bundle, but the Keys/Guitar Bundle seems fine.
  • Hogan2000Hogan2000 Banned
    edited August 2011
    This makes me mad bruther...... Why wasn't this released in 2010 pal? I wanted the bundle because I needed a drumset and keyboard.. Now I have the game bruther. I have the Mic pal. I have the guitar bruther and I have the keyboard dude... Only thing I'm lacking is the drums pal. I have no use for bundle now bruther.. Good for people who waited though dude.
  • victimsofadownvictimsofadown Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    Hogan2000;4473580 said:
    This makes me mad bruther...... Why wasn't this released in 2010 pal? I wanted the bundle because I needed a drumset and keyboard.. Now I have the game bruther. I have the Mic pal. I have the guitar bruther and I have the keyboard dude... Only thing I'm lacking is the drums pal. I have no use for bundle now bruther.. Good for people who waited though dude.

There's no drum bundle so nothing has changed....
    rockbandaide said:
    The first is a bundle that will include the game and both the Keys and Guitar peripherals. The second bundle will include the game and a Mustang Pro-Guitar.
  • Pitch-BlackPitch-Black Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    I'm a little surprised there is no pro drum + game bundle. Regardless, it's a good move that's long over do. By a year. Still, RB 3 could use some serious shelf presence. I'll be interested in the pricing for the Mustang bundle. As time marches on, the more I realize I'm missing out. That and my copy of RB 3 got the infamous cracking in the middle of the CD the first time I took it out of its case way back on the day RB 3 came out. How it's managed to survive all this time as much as I've played it, I cannot explain. Might as well get 'em at the same time. Yippi! for bundles.
  • celebritykillingspreecelebritykillingspree Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    Too little, wayyyyyy too late.

And even still I'll believe it when I see it.
  • TheHundredDollarHeadacheTheHundredDollarHeadache Pedantic Broken Record
    edited August 2011
    Leaving out the drums in these RB3 bundles is a good idea. Have you ever seen a pile of GH super bundles?
  • aggiesrul8aggiesrul8 Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    I will be interested to see the pricing for these 'new' bundles.
  • MackieMackie Rising Star
    edited August 2011
    hope they got a good ad campaign to go along with it or else they gonna get the same results the first time around.
  • mayhem117mayhem117 Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    I think consumers would be more interested in a Keys + Pro Guitar + game. Everyone and their mother probably already has a regular RB guitar. Come on HMX! Push that Pro Guitar! it's great!
  • mikeytsmikeyts Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    thatmarkguy;4473513 said:
    Have whatever mysterious barriers that existed last year that prohibited the sale of software+hardware bundles in North America for the Wii and PS3... suddenly vanished?
    I thought that was only the PS3 bundle--some sort of regional licensing thing. A Wii keyboard bundle shipped here, didn't it?
  • SneakylooterSneakylooter Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    Better late than never right?
  • Obi_Wan_KenoliObi_Wan_Kenoli Rising Star
    edited August 2011
    Wonder if they'd press new discs with all the fixes for the Wii bundles, if they produce Wii bundles that is.
  • BandRockBandRock Unsigned
    edited August 2011
    Please, please, please make this enticing for people to buy! Can't release an old game and not throw in ton's of incentives.

You have to get people interested again. Just putting it on store shelves isn't interesting enough.

Do something like 25 - 50 downloads of your choice. Educate people that the box songs are just a tiny fraction of what you can expect. Make the box cheaper than we have ever seen it (with the new $20 price point, this should be a gimme anyway).

Just do something. Make some waves with this.

I have supported Rock Band from the beginning. I am not asking for these things for myself. What I do want is for this game to sell as well as it should have in the first place. Only way I can see it working is by loading the game with songs of buyers choice........just so happens that there is 3,000 to choose from.

DO IT.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    mikeyts;4473623 said:
    I thought that was only the PS3 bundle--some sort of regional licensing thing. A Wii keyboard bundle shipped here, didn't it?

Not sure. If it was only PS3, my question remains, but remove the Wii part. We were told that it was legally not possible for there to be a PS3 game+peripherals bundle in North America. Has that changed or will this BS kibosh the PS3 market again?
  • SeattleSauveSeattleSauve Rising Star
    edited August 2011
    Would love to see more folks pick up the pro guitar so we can keep the pro upgrades coming... So the pro bundles look good to me!

Also feel that not many folks know they can easily connect their current e-drum kit to RB3 in a fully supported way, so I would like that message to somehow get out there as part of the new push this year. Seems like that's a really cheap way to get into rock band for folks who already have an e-drum kit lying around (midi adapter+game), and I know a bunch of folks who otherwise would have their e-drum kits collecting dust.
    edited August 2011
    thatmarkguy;4473664 said:
    Not sure. If it was only PS3, my question remains, but remove the Wii part. We were told that it was legally not possible for there to be a PS3 game+peripherals bundle in North America. Has that changed or will this BS kibosh the PS3 market again?
    (I can see a white-box Wii keyboard bundle on Amazon). If it were a matter of licensing, either they resolved that with Sony (or whoever) or they haven't and there still won't be PS3 bundling in NA. Yet another slap in the face of PS3 users and another reason to make me glad that I switched my RB playing from my PS3 to my Xbox over a year ago :D. But as the cognitive therapy folks would say, getting upset about something we don't know yet is committing the "fortune telling" cognitive error--better to chill while we wait and see :).
  • skyp1eskyp1e Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    Well like I said in my first post, if they do this I'll be buying some bundles to give as gifts. I already know who I'll be giving them to.

One Mustang bundle for my best friend, and another for my brother.

Neither of them have XBOXs yet, but I think I can persuade them to get one after they get such a present.
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited August 2011
    skyp1e;4473684 said:
    Well like I said in my first post, if they do this I'll be buying some bundles to give as gifts. I already know who I'll be giving them to.

One Mustang bundle for my best friend, and another for my brother.

Neither of them have XBOXs yet, but I think I can persuade them to get one after they get such a present.

Or buy two guitar starter kits and a few lessons though Best Buy... :p

That'd be cheaper than an X-Box.
    edited August 2011
    SeattleSauve;4473666 said:
    Would love to see more folks pick up the pro guitar so we can keep the pro upgrades coming... So the pro bundles look good to me!
    Why are so many people worried about pro upgrades drying up? HMX has stated a commitment to continue producing them (it would be marketing suicide to stop--they would never live it down in the press). There are between 50,000 and 75,000 profiles posting pro g/b scores to the leaderboard across all platforms (depending upon how much overlap there is between pro g and pro b); at their estimated 100 man hours per to produce, that seems like a large enough market to at least break even selling them and it continues to grow even without bundles :).