RBN DLC for 08/18 - RBNStuff

atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
edited August 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Well, last week was a total success. Anyways, we've already got one of next week's songs up.

SONGS:
After the Burial - "Your Troubles Will Cease and Fortune Will Smile Upon You"
All Shall Perish - "Stabbing to Purge Dissimulation"
Free Spirit - "Far Away from Heaven (RB3 Version)"
Free Spirit - "Pale Sister of Light (RB3 Version)"
Honest Bob and the Factory-to-Dealer Incentives - "Soy Bomb"
Pierce the Veil - "Caraphernelia"
Synthetic Elements - "Life Will Fade Away"
This list will be updated as songs come in

MORE INFO AT RBNStuff.com/songs/upcoming

WARNING:
You can buy these songs before they are released next week at RBNStuff.com/songs/upcoming, but if you do so, you are doing so at your own risk. Sometimes songs get pulled from the marketplace before Thursday.

Comments

• dansolodansolo Rising Star
    edited August 2011
    PeridotWeapon;4475262 said:
    I'd just like to see a bit less of the "Metal / Tier 6 Drum / Tier 0 Vocal" style of music. Not that my personal preference really matters; the world doesn't exist to cater to my whims, and that music DOES sell. I pass on that stuff now, due to the ol' song cap.

Or if you're going to release "2x Bass" versions anyway, cater to those of us that have technical skills but lack the stamina to stomp that much, and release "1/2 Bass" versions of the Red Skull stuff. If I wanted to run in place, I'd play WiiFit. ;)

Caraphernelia, at least, isn't Tier 0 Vocals (but of course it's Red Skulls on drums, heh).

Are you trying to say that there are more double bass versions of double bass songs than single bass versions of double bass songs? To my knowledge that is incorrect and XBOX always gets single bass versions as well. Also, running is good for you and don't forget to eat your vegetables.:)
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    dansolo;4475289 said:
    Are you trying to say that there are more double bass versions of double bass songs than single bass versions of double bass songs? To my knowledge that is incorrect and XBOX always gets single bass versions as well. Also, running is good for you and don't forget to eat your vegetables.:)

Naw, I think he's saying that some songs are so insane that they warrant a half-bass version because single-bass alone is ridiculous. But he wants the pad technicality that Hard loses in the reductions.
  • turnitup321turnitup321 Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    FairwoodStudios;4475403 said:
    Naw, I think he's saying that some songs are so insane that they warrant a half-bass version because single-bass alone is ridiculous. But he wants the pad technicality that Hard loses in the reductions.

As if we need another zillion versions of Generic Death Metal Songs #140-63196318636.

Joke, but I don't think the market is quite big enough to warrant a 1/2 bass version.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    We got "Caraphernelia" by Pierce the Veil to add to the list of songs with screaming, really hard drums, and band names with the word "the" in the middle.
    edited August 2011
    turnitup321;4475429 said:
    As if we need another zillion versions of Generic Death Metal Songs #140-63196318636.

Joke, but I don't think the market is quite big enough to warrant a 1/2 bass version.

I'm guessing he's being at least a little facetious.

And elx made me do a little number crunching- right now, if you want to blame (or thank!) anyone for the level of metal, blame TAG (14 songs), Alt-Strum (10 songs), Chaotrope (9 songs) or RockGamer (9 songs). Nobody else has more than 4 in review right now. (2x versions included.)
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited August 2011
    Yeah we're definitely metal heavy...(heavy metal?).

We've attempted to reach out to other genres but it's the metal guys and labels that keep responding to us.

We do have a nice chunk of non metal material lined up for later this year that we haven't announced yet, but on the flip side we've got a LOT of metal lined up that we haven't announced yet either >_>

So we don't actively seek out just metal acts, but those are the ones that seem to be the most into RBN/respond to us.
    edited August 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4475529 said:
    Yeah we're definitely metal heavy...(heavy metal?).

We've attempted to reach out to other genres but it's the metal guys and labels that keep responding to us.

We do have a nice chunk of non metal material lined up for later this year that we haven't announced yet, but on the flip side we've got a LOT of metal lined up that we haven't announced yet either >_>

So we don't actively seek out just metal acts, but those are the ones that seem to be the most into RBN/respond to us.
    Well you did start out as "Ultra Heavy Beats". :P

But I just wanted to do some maths. Most of ASP's metal is from the All Shall Perish project, so that's a one-time thing even if they are also historically metal-heavy. Chaotrope can't exactly do anything else, he just happens to self-author metal.

Point is, yes metal is about half of what's in Peer Review, but it does come down to what people are willing to review (and what's ready for the store). Some reviewers want more metal, so they review more metal. Others may not. Others don't care.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited August 2011
    I won't lie, my tastes do lean more towards the heavy stuff. I do listen to other genres and enjoy them, but I was a long haired angry kid in the late 80's and that music is just in my DNA :P

Now when I say heavy I mean Ozzy, Metallica, Powerman 5000, White Zombie, Static X, Trivium, Atreyu, etc. I tend towards the (I guess lighter end of the metal spectrum by today's standards). I don't usually listen to the straight up growly vocals like Cannibal corpse, etc.

So there will most likely always be a leaning towards the metal with our output, although we have been trying to branch out into other genres :)
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited August 2011
    Just wait until the new Winter Crescent albums come out. They're all in, so that's another steady stream of metal. We've also just signed another metal band and are talking to a few more, so after one year in business we're finally getting our feet wet with metal. :P

I think the majority of our stuff will be different genres, though. We tend to attract a lot of electronic artists as well. (I blame Shylo for this.) I'd say that out of all our songs (not counting 2x versions) that we've announced, will soon announce, or released, 9 of 64 are metal.

Sales are definitely the driving force here...the difficult and metal stuff sells a lot more than the songs that aren't so heavy. There's a ton of amazing, non-metal stuff on the Network that constantly gets outsold by all the difficult/metal songs. Even so, there's still plenty of songs from many different genres coming out, and I hope that keeps up; as much of a metalhead as I am, there's still a metric ton of songs I want to see on RBN that aren't metal or remotely close.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited August 2011
    Everyone's doing metal. Heck, even I'm in contacts with some metal artists. Does that mean that the RBN is doomed to nothing but metal? No, that's just what's getting Peer Reviewed the most.

And ever since the new policies for Peer Reviewing came, us playtesters and peer reviewers haven't done as much, so we' can focus more on a select few songs, as opposed to loosely focusing on several songs. That's why so few songs are getting released.

Those two things have nothing to do with each other, but I just wanted to address both of those.
    edited August 2011
    For the record.... keyboardists generally don't like metal. Just an FYI.
    edited August 2011
    Arcanon;4475656 said:
    I'd say that out of all our songs (not counting 2x versions) that we've announced, will soon announce, or released, 9 of 64 are metal.

That made me count now. 16 out of 76. 19 if you count Man Parts. Also, holy crap we've done/announced 76 songs.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited August 2011
    atalkingfish;4475698 said:
    For the record.... keyboardists generally don't like metal. Just an FYI.

True, very true, and that's why I try my best to get a variety of genres, so I can please anyone, whether they be a hardcore metalhead or longing for simple, joyous melodies.
    edited August 2011
    More on track, while it still has to go through quarantine it looks like Soy Bomb from Honest Bob and the absurdly long band names will be up next week.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    PeridotWeapon;4475262 said:
    I'd just like to see a bit less of the "Metal / Tier 6 Drum / Tier 0 Vocal" style of music. Not that my personal preference really matters; the world doesn't exist to cater to my whims, and that music DOES sell.

I agree. The world does not exist to cater to your whims, but I also would like to see a little more non-metal shouty songs. I find it hard to believe that it is anyone other than expert guitarists that buy this stuff?

Just hoping more Free Spirit gets through soon since they said full album. Some more rock and c&w tracks would be nice :)
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    FairwoodStudios;4475714 said:
    More on track, while it still has to go through quarantine it looks like Soy Bomb from Honest Bob and the absurdly long band names will be up next week.

OMG WAS THIS EVER ANNOUNCED BEFORE THIS?! I do not know how I could miss it! Awesome.

And Pierce the Veil sounds great.
    edited August 2011
    Now, now, guys, the RBN is all about variety. Whenever an area is inflicted with a long streak of heat and sun with no clouds, there's almost guaranteed to be a big rainstorm before too long.

So yeah.. I'm sure something will come up for everyone. For now, at least feel happy for the metal-heads.
  • edited August 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4475766 said:
    OMG WAS THIS EVER ANNOUNCED BEFORE THIS?! I do not know how I could miss it! Awesome.

And Pierce the Veil sounds great.

Yes Honest Bob was announced. 3 songs in fact, Soy Bomb, Hey, and I Don't Want to Hear About Your Crappy Boyfriend. about time too if you ask me. Maybe whoever is bringing those songs (i think its Rock Gamer) can get That Handsome Devil and Shaimus also.
  • PeridotWeaponPeridotWeapon Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    atalkingfish;4475770 said:
    Now, now, guys, the RBN is all about variety. Whenever an area is inflicted with a long streak of heat and sun with no clouds, there's almost guaranteed to be a big rainstorm before too long.

So yeah.. I'm sure something will come up for everyone. For now, at least feel happy for the metal-heads.
    True enough. I think I've just been spoiled by the periodic 15-20 song week, so the 2-song ones stand out like sore thumbs. :)

Wouldn't be so bad if most of the "extreme metal" songs didn't end up appearing TWICE, in standard and "now with 200% more blood loss from your toes" modes. :D
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    MagicMurderBag7;4475798 said:
    Yes Honest Bob was announced. 3 songs in fact, Soy Bomb, Hey, and I Don't Want to Hear About Your Crappy Boyfriend. about time too if you ask me. Maybe whoever is bringing those songs (i think its Rock Gamer) can get That Handsome Devil and Shaimus also.

Weeeee!
    edited August 2011
    PeridotWeapon;4475804 said:
    Wouldn't be so bad if most of the "extreme metal" songs didn't end up appearing TWICE, in standard and "now with 200% more blood loss from your toes" modes. :D

Yeah, that's why I always classify (1x) and (2x) songs as one song listing so they don't get treated like half of the releases are actually copies.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    Blasteroids;4475755 said:
    I agree. The world does not exist to cater to your whims, but I also would like to see a little more non-metal shouty songs. I find it hard to believe that it is anyone other than expert guitarists that buy this stuff?
    I'm an expert drummer, I buy "this stuff". I'm not the greatest. I certainly would still fail "We Are the Nightmare" ten times over in Rock Band 2 (without no-fail), but I can't help that I love the song. My tastes in metal are usually very picky, but I do enjoy playing most of them even if I can't do that great on them.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    DragoonXD;4475879 said:
    I'm an expert drummer, I buy "this stuff".

Nice to know I am wrong :) Out of interest (I'm a nosey sod), do you go for 2x or 1x?
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited August 2011
    there've been two more songs that passed recently, ghost brigade's into the black light is one of them.

and there are a couple more on the brink of passing..
    edited August 2011
    I am hoping for some keys heavy stuff soon, but you all know that. The RBN has been letting me down in that aspect lately, which is too bad.
  • edited August 2011
    atalkingfish;4475928 said:
    I am hoping for some keys heavy stuff soon, but you all know that. The RBN has been letting me down in that aspect lately, which is too bad.
    I always use that time to go back and take a second look. I found one song that interested me, 30 Lives by Motion Sick. It fun, funny, and indie.

plus if you look in the "RBN is kicking ass" thread someone mentioned that a FreezePop song is close to passing.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited August 2011
    I almost exclusively play vocals, I buy metal songs.
    edited August 2011
    MagicMurderBag7;4475930 said:
    I always use that time to go back and take a second look. I found one song that interested me, 30 Lives by Motion Sick. It fun, funny, and indie.

plus if you look in the "RBN is kicking ass" thread someone mentioned that a FreezePop song is close to passing.

Yeah, I've been doing that too. I've also been spending more time with RBNStuff (as I do have an interest in RBN songs that I do not have an interest in playing). I've been contacting bands that have been releasing amazing songs (or song) for interviews and doing stuff like that, which is cool.

But yeah.... FREEZEPOP!?!? WOO!!!!!
  • The FriskThe Frisk Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    atalkingfish;4475940 said:

But yeah.... FREEZEPOP!?!? WOO!!!!!
    Yeah, only needs one or two more votes I believe
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited August 2011
    atalkingfish;4475770 said:

Unless it's that one planet from TNG. Maybe we should send out a probe with all our memories just in case.