Lucid Charting: RBN News and Announcements

LucidChartingLucidCharting Unsigned
edited February 2012 in The Rock Band Network
Even though we've only just started out, I figured I'd post this thread so we'd have a reason to stay motivated. So, don't expect much from us for a while, we're pushing as hard as we can, it just takes time! :D

www.lucidcharting.com.au

We're a small Australian RBN authoring group, partnered with Fairwood Studios, who plan to author and proxy release some sweet, sweet Aussie music in hopes of gaining international recognition.

At the moment we're in the initial contacting stages of life. We've gained some interest, at least 3-4 artists have gotten back to us, it's just a slow process.

In the meantime we're prepared to release more infectious electronic beats from Askari Nari to get us started. We hope to get these ready for release soon, as we're currently waiting to clear a few hurdles before we can start submitting.

Upcoming Releases
Askari Nari - Free Bugs For Everyone
Askari Nari - I See In Calculus
little blaK dress (Waiting on master stems to work with! In the meantime you can download their EP for free and give it a spin.)

As well as various other Aussie bands that will not be mentioned as of yet (that I am really excited about and hope will come through).

We're still a small group, so if there's any other fellow Aussies or Kiwis interested in helping out, by all means use the contact form on the site and we'll get back to ya!

Thanks!

Comments

• ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited August 2011
    Good luck, and welcome to the fold! :D
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    On the about us page you forgot INXS
  • MegaIronDragonDethMegaIronDragonDeth Post Ratio > 3 a Day
    edited August 2011
    The Askari Nari song and chart looks good. :D
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    If you want to get involved with RBNStuff.com shoot me up an email at [email]rbnstuffcontact@gmail.com[/email] and I'll get you in the system with the other authoring groups.
  • LucidChartingLucidCharting Unsigned
    edited August 2011
    TubaDude49;4477123 said:
    On the about us page you forgot INXS
    Ha! Thanks, we also forgot The Vines. I'll add 'em now.
    atalkingfish;4477185 said:
    If you want to get involved with RBNStuff.com shoot me up an email at [email]rbnstuffcontact@gmail.com[/email] and I'll get you in the system with the other authoring groups.
    Will do! I'll send off an email once we're prepared to release some content. Until then, thanks a bunch!
    edited August 2011
    The site's going to get plenty of traffic. I know several three-headed monkeys who have lost their way.
    edited August 2011
    Bring up the overall mix for I See In Calculus, the crowd is currently drowning it out
  • DLCquickplayDLCquickplay Unsigned
    edited August 2011
    Welcome.

Strangely enough our company has 2 Australian artists on our roster... it just kind of happened.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited August 2011
    Welcome to the fold! Glad to see some multi-cultural authors here, and can't wait to see what you bring to the game.
  • johnnyboybladejohnnyboyblade Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    If I had the charting skills I would help in a freaking heartbeat. As a fellow Aussie I love what your doing.

I can help contribute by buying all your songs though :-D
    edited August 2011
    Uploaded another video for Askari Nari - I See In Calculus.
    TubaDude49;4480740 said:
    Bring up the overall mix for I See In Calculus, the crowd is currently drowning it out
    It was originally recorded fairly quiet so I re-uploaded the video. The crowd is still quite loud in the mix, though. I'll have to shoot Askari Nari a message, since these will be proxy releases... ultimately making them proxy, proxy releases. Hahaha.

We have to go deeper.
    DLCquickplay;4480744 said:
    Welcome.

Strangely enough our company has 2 Australian artists on our roster... it just kind of happened.
    Competition! First group to release Powderfinger wins! Nah, that's cool, the more Aussie music, the better. :D
    LiveHomeVideo;4480789 said:
    Welcome to the fold! Glad to see some multi-cultural authors here, and can't wait to see what you bring to the game.
    I'd love to get some truly indigenous music into the game, with didgeridoos and clack sticks and whatnot. It would be interesting.
    johnnyboyblade;4481039 said:
    If I had the charting skills I would help in a freaking heartbeat. As a fellow Aussie I love what your doing.

I can help contribute by buying all your songs though :-D
    Thanks for the kind words yet again! :D
    I've noticed you've been supporting us ever since this was just a preliminary idea.
    edited September 2011
    Hey guys, just a small update and some unfortunate news.

I'm hoping Rob from Fairwood Studios and Jacob from Askari Nari sees this. I'll be in hospital for a few days, maybe longer, with a punctured lung. So, if anyone's been trying to get in contact with me I won't be able to respond until I get outta here!

Other than that, the two Askari Nari songs are almost ready to go into playtesting and we're currently charting Newspaper Crown by little blaK dress. :D

Catch ya later!
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    LucidCharting;4500417 said:
    Hey guys, just a small update and some unfortunate news.

I'm hoping Rob from Fairwood Studios and Jacob from Askari Nari sees this. I'll be in hospital for a few days, maybe longer, with a punctured lung. So, if anyone's been trying to get in contact with me I won't be able to respond until I get outta here!

Other than that, the two Askari Nari songs are almost ready to go into playtesting and we're currently charting Newspaper Crown by little blaK dress. :D

Catch ya later!

****, man. That beats my stomach flu. And at least you seem to be in decent spirits about it! Hope you get better pretty quick.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited September 2011
    Get better!!!!
    Oh and welcome!
    I hope you can SOMEHOW (miracle?) bring more Airbourne. (i miss them :()
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited September 2011
    Dangimarocker;4500772 said:
    Get better!!!!
    Oh and welcome!
    I hope you can SOMEHOW (miracle?) bring more Airbourne. (i miss them :()

not even a miracle will get roadrunner on board...

apparently they are on EMI in australia. that made me chuckle, since now there's even less of a chance
  • duske69duske69 Unsigned
    edited February 2012
    This is awesome!!! Hope to hear some bigger names soon :)
  • edited February 2012
    Has anyone heard from Lucid since he went in the hospital? I hope he didn't die.
  • machetemonkeymachetemonkey Opening Act
    edited February 2012
    Have you tried contacting The Black Ryder? I saw them open for The Cult when they toured the US, and they mentioned several times that they were from Australia.

I liked them enough to buy their album at the show. Very shoegaze-y style indie rock, but with a few more riffs/hooks than most bands in the genre. I like them a lot. Also, male+female vocals and fairly prominent keyboards parts means their stuff would play pretty well in-game.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4642574 said:
    Has anyone heard from Lucid since he went in the hospital? I hope he didn't die.

He got back from the hospital, and recently had to go back in. Wouldn't specify what was the problem, but not really any of my business anyway.