What is the RBN exactly?

Eternal_DragonEternal_Dragon Unsigned
edited August 2011 in The Rock Band Network
I know stupid question. When the RBN came out I thought it was just songs from less known bands that wanted their songs on rock band.

However, I noticed some well known bands have their songs on the network such as Higher from Creed, and Blue (da baa de) from Eiffel65.

So now I'm really confused on what the network is exactly. I'm guessing some fans "generated" the track for rock band whether it was a song they created or they are using another band's song.

Comments

• GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited August 2011
    Eternal_Dragon;4477447 said:
    I know stupid question. When the RBN came out I thought it was just songs from less known bands that wanted their songs on rock band.
    It's for anyone who wants to use it.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited August 2011
    The RBN is a service that allows any artist to get their songs in Rock Band, whether they be small, unknown acts (like most artists) or big, major acts (like Creed, Eifel65, and Mastodon). These acts either put the songs in themselves or are contacted/hire what is known as an authoring group, or (group of) individual(s) that put songs in Rock Band.
  • Eternal_DragonEternal_Dragon Unsigned
    edited August 2011
    LiveHomeVideo;4477456 said:
    The RBN is a service that allows any artist to get their songs in Rock Band, whether they be small, unknown acts (like most artists) or big, major acts (like Creed, Eifel65, and Mastodon). These acts either put the songs in themselves or are contacted/hire what is known as an authoring group, or (group of) individual(s) that put songs in Rock Band.

Thanks! That's what I wanted.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited August 2011
    Eternal_Dragon;4477458 said:
    Thanks! That's what I wanted.

Glad I could help.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited August 2011
    It's basically another way for bands to get their music into the game as HMX can only do so much themselves ;)