Recommended x2 bass songs

Mosho1Mosho1 Unsigned
edited August 2011 in The Rock Band Network
I want to learn to play double bass, have a yamaha DTXplorer and DW9002 double bass pedals. I can do 25 to 6 to 4 and disturbed stuff fairly well, but want more than just constant bass hits. (and I can do those with 1 foot anyway)

Any advice? :)

Comments

• OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited August 2011
    Mosho1;4477810 said:
    I want to learn to play double bass, have a yamaha DTXplorer and DW9002 double bass pedals. I can do 25 to 6 to 4 and disturbed stuff fairly well, but want more than just constant bass hits. (and I can do those with 1 foot anyway)

Any advice? :)
    Amberian Dawn songs are always good, Blackguard have some nice 2x Bass Pedal versions (I think A Blinding Light is particularly good), Neonfly - Ship With No Sails and has some really cool double bass stuff that isn't just running in place. If you want a real challenge, look for SikTh - Bland Street Bloom, Massive Slavery - Humanity's Last Hope, or one of the Serianna songs, Inheritors and Fragments.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    The two Broken Equilibrium songs are probably the easiest to ease yourself into double bass with.

Wait, maybe only one of them had a double bass version, I forget.
  • BigWoodMan22BigWoodMan22 Unsigned
    edited August 2011
    relentless chaos by miss may i is good for learning even though its not technically a 2x bass version, it still charts most bass notes, especially the constant rhythm of bass notes without being too fast, and is really fun
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    Marianas Trench is a good one
  • tuphattuphat Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    Considering that you probably want to shy away from the nasty stuff, I would recommend.

Basic 2x songs
    The Brave / Agony Applause (2x Bass Pedal) by Deadlock.
    Relentless Chaos (as mentioned above BigWoodMan, not a 2x song but plays well on 2x kicks)
    Broken Equilibrium - November (2x Bass Pedal)

Fun 2x songs - I find these 2x songs very fun to play.
    Battle of Egos Part I (2x Bass Pedal) by Winter Crescent
    Epic Symphony in A Flat Minor, Third Movement: Zero Hour (2x Bass Pedal)

More challenging 2x
    Deception - Concealing Fate Pt. II (2x Bass Pedal)
    August Burns Red - Marianas Trench (2x Bass Pedal)
    Texas in July- Magnolia (2x Bass Pedal)
  • DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    Ziltoidia Attaxx!! TOTALLY is a good song to learn double bass! TOTALLY! [/sarcasm]