Sparks: Equator
Focus: Hocus Pocus
Derek & the Dominoes: Layla
Don Mclean: American Pie
America: Horse With No Name
Gerry Raferty: Baker Street

80's
Guns & Roses: Welcome to the Jungle
Talking Heads: Born Under Punches (The Heat Goes On)
Michael Jackson: Billie Jean
Scopions: Still Loving You
Iron Maiden: Phantom Of The Opera.
Solaris: Marsb

Comments

• LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited August 2011
    We have the Blur song on Lego Rock Band.

And I'm guessing you don't like the 2000's-2010's much.

Well, there are a few great songs on this list, and for a list off the top of your head, it's pretty good, though it lacks in certain genres and stops at the 90's.
  • Alfon1995Alfon1995 Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    LiveHomeVideo;4478257 said:
    We have the Blur song on Lego Rock Band.

And I'm guessing you don't like the 2000's-2010's much.

Well, there are a few great songs on this list, and for a list off the top of your head, it's pretty good, though it lacks in certain genres and stops at the 90's.
    I don't really listen too many music from the last ten years. Maybe in the future... now I'm busy with other styles.
  • MegaIronDragonDethMegaIronDragonDeth Post Ratio > 3 a Day
    edited August 2011
    I'd give it 5/10 only because it has a bunch of great songs. But my favourite genre has next to no songs, which is Metal. If this did have about, lets say 5 Metal songs I liked. Had a larger 80's, 90's sections. Had a good amount in the 2000's and a bit of music in the 2010's I'd probably rate it 9/10.
  • DanManRockerDanManRocker Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    Stayin Alive is DLC.
    edited August 2011
    DanManRocker;4478321 said:
    Stayin Alive is DLC.

Oh yeah, it's true. Thanks.

And I don't like metal too much, really.
    edited August 2011
  • GandWuserGandWuser Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    Never before have I seen such a large 60's section. O_o
    edited August 2011
    As I've already mentioned, Song 2 by Blur is in Lego Rock Band.
    edited August 2011
    LiveHomeVideo;4482836 said:
    As I've already mentioned, Song 2 by Blur is in Lego Rock Band.

Yes, yes I know. I'm gonna remove it, and change some things.
  • GandWuserGandWuser Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    I just noticed you put Sparks on the list.

You are a good man.
    edited August 2011
    GandWuser;4482854 said:
    I just noticed you put Sparks on the list.

You are a good man.

They're great, underrated and original, I love their style. They enjoy playing music and they're not pretentious.

By the way, I add a new song (Woke Up This Morning by Alabama 3)
    edited August 2011
    I added some new songs, I think I'm gonna be adding all the time. I don't stop of remember songs that deserve be in the list.

I want to make a video with the setlist too.
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited August 2011
    The fact that there are not even 10 songs from the 80s/90s/00s/10s combined is an automatic 0/10
    edited August 2011
    FlyGuyLXI;4484117 said:
    The fact that there are not even 10 songs from the 80s/90s/00s/10s combined is an automatic 0/10

Rock Band is already full of music from those decades, most of the songs that i wanted to put from those decades were already in Rock Band., and I'm also a little bit tired of that music. On the other hand, there is too little music from the sixties for example, and I think it is pretty underraed in Rock Band. In Rock Band 3 for example there is only six songs from these decade

I think it is stupid give that note for that reason. It seems like you're not even looked at the other songs
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited August 2011
    Alfon1995;4484139 said:
    Rock Band is already full of music from those decades. I'm a little bit tired of that music. On the other hand, there is too little music from the sixties for example, and I think it is pretty underraed in Rock Band. In Rock Band 3 for example there is only six songs from these decade

I think it is stupid give that note for that reason. It seems like you're not even looked at the other songs

That's not an excuse.

There are still numerous modern bands that still wait for the opportunity to appear in the game, not to mention as the music age progresses, so do the branching of genres, which makes the later decades open to extreme mix and match creativity. You do know there are modern day progressive bands, psychedelic bands too, no?

I saw your classic choices and yes some good choices, in fact, it's not even that great because of the utter lack of metal and punk coverage. It's not that the 80s, 90s, 00s decade should be the alpha decade, but the fact they are all virtually void of existence is almost like I'm looking at a setlist designed by a classic rock snob.

I still stand by my 0/10.
  • coolsnoopy97coolsnoopy97 Rising Star
    edited August 2011
    Well, due to absolutely no modern music, it's a very unrealistic setlist, but if you're just going for your personal wishlist, then that's fine. I actually quite like the picks you do have, there's some great classic rock there (but not enough metal, for my taste).
    edited August 2011
    Well, I put more songs on the 80s/90s/00s to please everyone. There aren't songs that I really love, but well... I like them.
    edited August 2011
    I just saw you put a Fallout 3 song on here.

Epic win.
  • MegaIronDragonDethMegaIronDragonDeth Post Ratio > 3 a Day
    edited August 2011
    LiveHomeVideo;4484909 said:

Epic win.

The 1940's song right? Part of that song is used in the intro of Megadeth's song "Set the World Afire".
    edited August 2011
    LiveHomeVideo;4484909 said:

Epic win.

Oh yeah. I LOVE that song XD.

And I would like to put more songs from Fallout 3. The soundtrack is amazing, and it's also my favourite game.
    edited August 2011
  • RosaFloydGuyRosaFloydGuy Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    If I could hug you for the gratuitous amount of prog in that 70's list, I would. I had only one complaint: Renaissance's Mother Russia would be a little better than Ashes are Burning. Also, the 60's one is full of win. However, I think "The End" could be replaced by "When the Music's Over", because the former would be butchered by the censors. And another thing... replace Deep Purple's "Burn" with "Lazy", because "Lazy" is 10x better in my opinion. Otherwise, diggin' the ELP, Floyd, Zeppelin, and King Crimson. Darn good setlist.
    edited August 2011
    RosaFloydGuy;4487352 said:
    If I could hug you for the gratuitous amount of prog in that 70's list, I would. I had only one complaint: Renaissance's Mother Russia would be a little better than Ashes are Burning. Also, the 60's one is full of win. However, I think "The End" could be replaced by "When the Music's Over", because the former would be butchered by the censors. And another thing... replace Deep Purple's "Burn" with "Lazy", because "Lazy" is 10x better in my opinion. Otherwise, diggin' the ELP, Floyd, Zeppelin, and King Crimson. Darn good setlist.

Well...

1º: Mother Russia is awesome, I really love both, Ashes and Mother, but I personally like a little more Ashes Are Burning. If I could, i would put both in the game (well, actually i would not think that we would see anything of Renaissance, never... it's not popular enough, but it's a pretty great and underrated band)

2º In my opinion The End is the best song by The Doors and one of the best songs ever. It has the best atmosphere in a song that I've ever heard, When The Music's Over tried to imitate it, but it not so magical in my opinion. I "fly" listening to The End, it's just... pure magic. I like When The Music's over too, of course, but The End is insuperable in my opinion

3º Lazy isn't one of my favourites Purple's songs, is great of course, but I would not put it in the game above songs like Burn or Speed King for example.

Thanks for the compliments. It's good to see that there are more prog lovers here.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited August 2011
    coolsnoopy97;4484149 said:
    Well, due to absolutely no modern music, it's a very unrealistic setlist...
    Also, 4-track tapes didn't come around until the mid-60s, so that decade is hit-and-miss as to whether the masters can be used for Rock Band purposes, and anything earlier is out of the question.
    edited August 2011
    SirDavidTLynch;4487361 said:
    Also, 4-track tapes didn't come around until the mid-60s, so that decade is hit-and-miss as to whether the masters can be used for Rock Band purposes, and anything earlier is out of the question.

I didn't know that...

The songs that I put in the 40's and 50's and some songs in the 60's like Misirlou couldn't be in Rock Band.
    edited September 2011
    Your last post was deleted because bumping threads is not allowed on the forums. Please refrain from doing so in the future. For more information, please read the forum rules.

Thanks.

-M