Ever meet your hero?

AkaymayAkaymay Rising Star
edited August 2007 in Less Rokk More Talk
Well, pretty much any cool celebrity. I had the ultimate awesomeness of meeting my idol Angus Young at an IHOP after a show in 2001. It was the Stiff Upper Lip tour. I got there, and saw him and nearly pissed myself! It was him and Malcolm Young. After I finally got the courage to talk, we chatted for about a half hour (It was mainly me talking about how much I worship him and his guitar playing). But after a while, he grabbed two Gibson SG's out of his rent-a-car and I showed him how much I knew of their songs, which is a lot. And after a while (By now it was probably 2 AM) we finally left...reluctantly...but I had a ton of autographs!

I also had the...ahem...convenience of meeting Bam Margera. If you don't know him, he was in Jackass and was the star in the MTV show Viva La Bam. And me, being a big Jackass fan, went up to him and ask for an autograph, he basically just said "F*** off kid." Yeah, not my favorite moment in meeting-a-celebrity times. Eh, I thought it would have been cool. But I saw him once or twice more, didn't even bother trying to talk to him. I saw him at some skate parks back when I used to skateboard. He only lives about 10 minutes from my house.

I was close to meeting Slash at a Velvet Revolver concert. But he got swarmed by a crowd and ended up leaving. Eh, I was close. I probably would have pissed him off, mainly because I really know him from GnR, and barely any of his music from Velvet Revolver.

Comments

• Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    Met SA Martinez, singer for 311.

needless to say i was completely in awe and just kinda stared at him.

One of the great memories of my lifetime. Such a random and awesome moment. Just saw him walking down the street before a show, not even trying to look for him. Shook his hand, chatted for a bit, it was great.
  • IbanezBassist_v2IbanezBassist_v2 Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    I've met Mudvayne, Triple H, Jeff Hardy, and Vitor Belfort.
  • Raider87Raider87 Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    Oh ya and as of yesterday I've met Lupe Fiasco and someone who looks like Billy Corgan
  • senomarsenomar Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    I've never met a cool celebrity. My grandmother lives in Nashville, and when I visit her in the Summer, I see countless country stars in coffee shops and such. But my dad has met so many of my idols.
  • sanctifiedsanctified Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    Mmm I got to chat with Mike Mangini for a little while. I was very embarassed though so I scribbled my face out. :P I've also had John Blackwell (drummer for PRINCE) ask me to come and drum on stage, to which I refused lol. :(

Met all of I Killed The Prom Queen on numerous occasions... (they're from my town).

No-one else that famous really.
  • Raider87Raider87 Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    sanctified;25500 said:
    Mmm I got to chat with Mike Mangini for a little while. I was very embarassed though so I scribbled my face out. :P I've also had John Blackwell (drummer for PRINCE) ask me to come and drum on stage, to which I refused lol. :(

Met all of I Killed The Prom Queen on numerous occasions... (they're from my town).

No-one else that famous really.
    Awww is someone a little shy :p
  • edited July 2007
    I met the cop in "Untouchables" who gets popped in the head in the elevator...

And I work with a guy who was in a Dentyne Fire commercial...
  • DIEGOROBOT26DIEGOROBOT26 Banned
    edited July 2007
    Akaymay;25384 said:
    Not to dis you or anything if you're a fan, but who's Luke Wilson?
    He was in Old School, good movie. He was in My Super Ex-Girlfriend, terrible movie.
  • fragpiratefragpirate Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    i met corey taylor once.
    it was just last december, they were on tour with disturbed and they were at a concert held here in biloxi.
    well after the concert, my buddy was drunk and got sick right afterward so we were in the bathroom for an hour and fifteen minutes (most of wich was just waiting for the puke to come, cuz we knew it was coming) after that we hadda go get some water and my friend just wasnt fit to move any where. the colliseum (the place where the concert was) was locking up so we hadda go outside. we were sitting over by the tour busses waiting for my buddy to clear up so we could leave with out him puking in my car.
    well the bands roadies were hauling out the equipment, then low and behold corey taylor walks right outta the door right next to us.
    he was carying a guitar case and went in put it in the stone sour trailor, then he turned back around and headed toward the doors he jsut walked outta.
    as he walked by me and him caught eyes and i kinda nodded at him and he said "hey how yeh doing" as he walked by and i just kinda strugged and said "been better".
    so then he stopped and said "oh yeah? whats up?" so i told him my buddy was sick and we were waitin for his head to clear up so we could get outta there.
    he kinda laughed and said "yeah ive been there", then of course i seized the opurtunity and asked for an autograph, but neither of us had a pen so he just shook my hand and went back to where ever he was going.
  • mrmoozmrmooz Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    Meet Rai Thistlethwayte the lead singer of thirsty merc. Got a photo and told him "love your songs, downloaded them all. Keep it up" Thats the only remotly famous person ive meet.
  • BoWeevilBoWeevil Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    :)
    Johnny Cash and Roy Oberson went to the same dentist that I
    did. I would find out when they were due to come in next
    and set up my appointments so I'd be there at the same time. I'd
    get a few minutes to chit chap with which ever one was there.

Played a short game of touch football with Elvis once,that was before
    he went in the Army. My couisn was a pro boxer and a part of the so called
    Memphis Mafia,Elvis liked tough guys,and I went out to his house with him.

Lastly at the San Antone airport Ray Charles was going out as I was comeing
    in,I stopped and shook hand,told him how much I enjoyed his music over the
    years and to keep it up. Ray said he would "just as long as I can" wasn't
    too long after that he passed away.

Well that's it,I don't get out much any more.
    ...Bo...
  • tharshmetalUKtharshmetalUK Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    One of my heros is Bruce Lee so unless i get my hands on a time machine, im never gonna meet him :(
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    Akaymay;25384 said:
    Not to dis you or anything if you're a fan, but who's Luke Wilson?
    Luke Wilson (Left) and Owen Wilson (right), they both act, although I think Owen does more well known movies most of the time. I can't really think of good Luke Wilson movies off the top of my head.

• The_Lizard_KingThe_Lizard_King Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    i wish I'd be able to meet any of my heroes but only time can tell
  • AkaymayAkaymay Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    BoWeevil;25865 said:
    :)
    Johnny Cash and Roy Oberson went to the same dentist that I
    did. I would find out when they were due to come in next
    and set up my appointments so I'd be there at the same time. I'd
    get a few minutes to chit chap with which ever one was there.

Played a short game of touch football with Elvis once,that was before
    he went in the Army. My couisn was a pro boxer and a part of the so called
    Memphis Mafia,Elvis liked tough guys,and I went out to his house with him.

Lastly at the San Antone airport Ray Charles was going out as I was comeing
    in,I stopped and shook hand,told him how much I enjoyed his music over the
    years and to keep it up. Ray said he would "just as long as I can" wasn't
    too long after that he passed away.

Well that's it,I don't get out much any more.
    ...Bo...
    I'm sorry, but that just sounds too amazing to be true. That's way too crazy. How old are you that you met elvis before he went to the army?
  • BoWeevilBoWeevil Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    Akaymay,you ready for this?

I'll be 65 my next birthday.

...Bo...
  • DaddyNuttDaddyNutt Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    I know it's not really "rock" but my family went to the fair about 2 weeks ago and I met Drake Bell after his concert there. Drake was pretty cool. I have also met the singer of Sevendust once after a concert. That was ****ing awesome.
  • edited July 2007
    a couple of them, actually. I wouldn't really call them.. "Hero"s, but people in places that I am aiming for. Cliff Blezinski and Nobuo Uematsu (first is designer of UT/Gears, second is musician.. did pretty much everything for Final Fantasy). pictures of both of those in my profile haha.(as well as Angela Aki) Considering I want to eventually be a game designer and a musician.. yeah. I also met some other people that I don't consider heroes, but I guess they are kind of famous.. like Robin Williams, Yasunori Mitsuda, Jason Hayes. bunch of other music people too, but I wouldn't consider them heroes. just bad asses. Once I actually get a job in the game industry I'm sure I'll be meeting many more awesome people too. Can't wait.
  • TylerSalakTylerSalak Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    ive never met any of my heroes but the two i wanna meet are angus young and joe perry my guitar idols but AC/DC aint on tour and Aerosmith isnt comin by where i live anytime soon so ill wait patiently.
  • newwaytodienewwaytodie Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Akaymay;25333 said:
    Well, pretty much any cool celebrity. I had the ultimate awesomeness of meeting my idol Angus Young at an IHOP after a show in 2001. It was the Stiff Upper Lip tour. I got there, and saw him and nearly pissed myself! It was him and Malcolm Young. After I finally got the courage to talk, we chatted for about a half hour (It was mainly me talking about how much I worship him and his guitar playing). But after a while, he grabbed two Gibson SG's out of his rent-a-car and I showed him how much I knew of their songs, which is a lot. And after a while (By now it was probably 2 AM) we finally left...reluctantly...but I had a ton of autographs!
    This had to be the most amazing moment of your life. You must be destined for rock greatness or something. Epic.
  • edited August 2007
    I've met Metallica (James, Kirk, Lars and Robert), Kirk was an asshole.

met Bret Michaels, short little homosexual.

met Buck Darhma (from Blue Oyster Cult).

so no, not even close. Buck was totally cool and I respect BOC more than I'll ever respect 'Tallica or the faggotry of Poison.
  • newwaytodienewwaytodie Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Ihate****tyMetalcore;28455 said:
    met Bret Michaels, short little homosexual.
    ................the faggotry of Poison.
    This topic needs a complete thread devoted to it.
  • hmxgrichhmxgrich Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    I met Brooke And Hulk Hogan who were checking in to the W hotel at Union Square in Manhattan last summer when I took sort of a mini road trip down from Boston to see a Yankee/Sox game in the Bronx.

The hotel was far too high-class for me ( a college student) but I used to work for the company so it cost less than 80 dollars for the night.
  • edited August 2007
    newwaytodie;28460 said:
    This topic needs a complete thread devoted to it.
    ugh, no it doesnt. it was in my more wild days, back when blow was a good idea (which it never is, seriously) and me and my friend were looking for something to do, he was playing a show that night at a nightclub here in the city so we went and he devoted alot of his attention to me and only me, it was quite freaky, actually.
  • lithiumkclithiumkc Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    Ihate****tyMetalcore;28476 said:
    ugh, no it doesnt. it was in my more wild days, back when blow was a good idea (which it never is, seriously) and me and my friend were looking for something to do, he was playing a show that night at a nightclub here in the city so we went and he devoted alot of his attention to me and only me, it was quite freaky, actually.
    YEAH OKAY, so you explain the story and its clearly your uncomfortability with anothe guy checking you out or so you think, and that's not being a homophobe?

Pfffff
  • edited August 2007
    yeah, okay. thanks for that totally insightful comment. I'm not going to sleep tonight after that.

to be a homophobe that would require me to know for a fact, 100 percent that Bret Michaels is without a doubt ***. and yes, as a heterosexual male men who make passes at me without even asking if I'm *** or not isnt cool with me. its not like I pound their faces in and then force them to suck me cock to show that I am a superior person. as for as *** people go, I have absolutely no problem with them, some of my friends are homosexual. so **** off already, kay?
    edited August 2007
    Ihate****tyMetalcore;28497 said:
    yeah, okay. thanks for that totally insightful comment. I'm not going to sleep tonight after that.

to be a homophobe that would require me to know for a fact, 100 percent that Bret Michaels is without a doubt ***. and yes, as a heterosexual male men who make passes at me without even asking if I'm *** or not isnt cool with me. its not like I pound their faces in and then force them to suck me cock to show that I am a superior person. as for as *** people go, I have absolutely no problem with them, some of my friends are homosexual. so **** off already, kay?
    Youre just another idiot libertarian who thinks that he should be able to say and do whatever he wants whatever he wants, and **** everyone else, they can just stay away if they don't like it. The world doesnt revolve around you dillweed, don't act like everybody else should have to adapt to your crap attitude.
  • edited August 2007
    wow, you've defined me so well.

you dont even know me, asshole. I think that the world is a big place and comments from a small fry like me shouldnt affect your well being at all. in fact, by your logic ignoring what I say would be an even bigger blow to my ego than commenting about them.

but in the end I dont care, so you know, just keep on doing that thing you do.
    edited August 2007
    Ihate****tyMetalcore;28515 said:
    wow, you've defined me so well.
    Well, i'm taking your route and calling it how i see it regardless of my complete lack of knowledge.

you dont even know me, asshole. I think that the world is a big place and comments from a small fry like me shouldnt affect your well being at all. in fact, by your logic ignoring what I say would be an even bigger blow to my ego than commenting about them.
    How the hell does that make sense to you? I should just sit by and watch some guy beak off about whatever he wants whenever he wants, with no regard for anybody else, and when he's called out he just says '**** off it's my right to be a douchebag' more or less

but in the end I dont care, so you know, just keep on doing that thing you do.
    And you keep being a careless apathetic reject. Thanks.
  • edited August 2007
    so you'd prefer to be the internet police. free country, I can say whatever I want by your bill of rights. so stop acting like sergant internet, kay?

as for the lack of knowledge comment, what basis do you have to say that about me? absolutely none at all. you dont know me, you're judging me based soley on a handful of comments you read on a videogame forum. making yourself a hypocrite in the pocess.