RBN says ALL songs are not available.

ThrasherRhysThrasherRhys Unsigned
edited August 2011 in The Rock Band Network
RBN says ALL songs are not available. This is in England, UK.

Comments

• SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    That's because, unfortunately, the RBN is only available in the US.
  • ThrasherRhysThrasherRhys Unsigned
    edited August 2011
    Ah. I was unaware of that. Is there any time that it will be available outside of the US?
    edited August 2011
    They say it's because there's a difference in web laws or something like that which prevents them from putting them out in places like Mexico, UK, and pretty much anywhere not in the US.
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited August 2011
    RBN songs are available for sale in the UK. (They are also available in Canada, France, Italy, Germany, Spain, Sweden, Singapore, and the United States.)

Are you going through the in-game store, or the Music Hub? No matter where you are, the Music Hub doesn't work for RBN songs. Only the in-game store will allow you to purchase these songs.

You may also be able to purchase them via Xbox.com, though we recommend going through the in-game store instead.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited August 2011
    If you're not, make sure you are using the IN GAME STORE for RB3. Do not use the xbox marketplace on the 360 OR the Rock Band specialty store on xbox marketplace. RBN content can only be purchased through the in game store if you're using your 360.

If that's not working then try this link to download the songs to your 360:

http://rbnreleases.com/

Now there are two version you can use. I HIGHLY recommend using ONLY the Officially released songs version, and not all songs.

If you use all songs it shows songs that are in quarantine, and these songs can possibly get pulled before they reach the store (it happens all the time), and you might end up buying a version that has a problem.

If THIS doesn't work for you then I don't know what to tell you >_>
    edited August 2011
    HMXLachesis;4479159 said:
    RBN songs are available for sale in the UK. (They are also available in Canada, France, Italy, Germany, Spain, Sweden, Singapore, and the United States.)

Are you going through the in-game store, or the Music Hub? No matter where you are, the Music Hub doesn't work for RBN songs. Only the in-game store will allow you to purchase these songs.

You may also be able to purchase them via Xbox.com, though we recommend going through the in-game store instead.

Ok, I must be crazy. Up until now everyone's been saying it's only available in the US.

I guess you can actually buy them from the in-game store there? I never knew this.
  • ThrasherRhysThrasherRhys Unsigned
    edited August 2011
    I've been trying to get them through the RB store. I'll try through the in-game store when I can. Thank You.
    edited August 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4479174 said:
    Ok, I must be crazy. Up until now everyone's been saying it's only available in the US.

I guess you can actually buy them from the in-game store there? I never knew this.

It's only available to the US for authoring/testing.

Purchasing is another thing :)
  • MegaIronDragonDethMegaIronDragonDeth Post Ratio > 3 a Day
    edited August 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4479181 said:

I thought there was an Australian charting group, Lucid charting was it? I'm not sure.

But I do know that RBN has always been available for me and I'm in Canada.
    edited August 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4479181 said:

Well, now I feel stupid.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    MegaIronDragonDeth;4479188 said:
    I thought there was an Australian charting group, Lucid charting was it? I'm not sure.

Yes, and we're still fine-tuning the legal to allow us (a US-based team) to upload on their behalf.
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4479218 said:
    Well, now I feel stupid.

I have this link bookmarked. It answers exactly where people can be and purchase RBN content. The next answer would confuse people who might not understand that HMX has set their own rules about who can submit.

Except for some specific locations, though, you were right about local internet commerce laws being the primary block for countries not on the list. Bookmark that link yourself and then you can quickly answer the question with all the correct fact the next time this tread pops up.
    edited August 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4479174 said:

You can only author in the US.

You can purchase RBN songs outside the US.

I think that's where the confusion comes from.

EDIT: ...basically, I'm late to the party, since everyone else just answered this question. But they're right!
    edited August 2011
    HMXLachesis;4479806 said:
    You can only author in the US.

I thought anybody could author but only people in the US could submit. Did this change with RBN2.0?
    edited August 2011
    Santa Claustrophobia;4479874 said:
    I thought anybody could author but only people in the US could submit. Did this change with RBN2.0?

My terminology was vague; apologies for any confusion. What I should have said was, per the creators.rockband.com program terms, only US residents may participate in the RBN Program. (http://creators.rockband.com/site/programTerms)
    edited August 2011
    HMX hates the world!
    edited August 2011
    I think you mean : The US Record labels hates the world! (but loves their money).

Ironic...but probably in an Alanis Morissette way.