RBN DLC Discussion: 8/18/2011 (Xbox), 8/23/2011 (PS3)

HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
edited August 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Xbox 360 RBN Releases for Thursday, 8/18/2011

Alternative
Pierce the Veil - "Caraphernelia" (160 MSP)

Metal
After the Burial - "Your Troubles Will Cease and Fortune Will Smile Upon You" (160 MSP)
After the Burial - "Your Troubles Will Cease and Fortune Will Smile Upon You (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
All Shall Perish - "Stabbing to Purge Dissimulation" (160 MSP)
Armor For The Broken - "Gold Rush" (160 MSP)
Chaotrope - "Dystopia" (80 MSP)
Chaotrope - "The Thief in the Night - Part I (2x Bass Pedal)" (80 MSP)
Cynic - "The Space for This" (160 MSP)
Cynic - "The Space for This (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)

New Wave
Freezepop - "Doppelg

Comments

• FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    HMXLachesis;4479689 said:
    PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 8/23/2011 (Wednesday, 8/24/2011 in Europe)

His Statue Falls - "Give It Up! Give It Up!" ($1.99) - Metal

I'm sure the fellas at Redfield are pretty happy about that one. :) Bit of a surprise for us, they didn't tell anyone about it.

Also, Dance Battle Alpha... total endurance test on drums. Kinda brutal.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited August 2011
    Much better PS3 week.
    I thought that the multiple artist from last week wouldn't bug me... ended up on tuesday after i played them i found none of those buckner songs fun... must be me.
  • wesjett08wesjett08 Rising Star
    edited August 2011
    HMXLachesis;4479689 said:

PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 8/23/2011 (Wednesday, 8/24/2011 in Europe)

Emmure - "Demons with Ryu" ($1.99) - Metal
    His Statue Falls - "Give It Up! Give It Up!" ($1.99) - Metal
    Rishloo - "River of Glass" ($0.99) - Prog
    Ultra Saturday - "Zombies!! (Coming Out Tonight)" ($0.99) - Punk
    Van Friscia - "Epic Symphony in A Flat Minor, Third Movement: Zero Hour" ($0.99) - Prog

Considering every person in the band owns a PS3 yet lacks a 360 ... We're pretty stoked! Thanks to everyone who requested and bought our goofy music, now WE can finally enjoy it as well :cool:
    edited August 2011
    wesjett08;4479720 said:
    Considering every person in the band owns a PS3 yet lacks a 360 ... We're pretty stoked! Thanks to everyone who requested and bought our goofy music, now WE can finally enjoy it as well :cool:

Now we just have to hope we get Dawn of the Condoms at some point :X
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    Great to get another Rishloo track! Also great to get the Van Friscia track, this makes up for the two RBN1 tracks we didn't get. Both are insta-buys.
  • LunaticSoulLunaticSoul Rising Star
    edited August 2011
    Ultra Saturday's stuff seemed pretty exciting to play on RB, lol didn't know they actually were forum user. Rishloo is already in my console, undecided on the Emmure song, have to listen to the other two :p
  • edited August 2011
    Nugget Man and Doppelganger are must haves for any pro-keys players
    and if your on the PS3 you need to get Zombies!! (Coming Out Tonight). How could you not for only $1?
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited August 2011
    Only getting "Soy Bomb" but that's OK. First RBN purchase in probably 6 months.
  • khaosklubkhaosklub Unsigned
    edited August 2011
    Man, this week is awesome for the PS3! I love 4 out of 5 songs! I love playing all the instruments... and demons with ryu's vocals are just annoying.

I was expecting the His Statue Falls song to be just as bad, but hey, a metal song with actual singing! I love those!

and most of the songs are $.99! I don't know why, but I find myself enjoying those $1 songs better than the $2 and definitely more than the $3 songs.

also, Ultra Saturday should be allowed to offer their pro guitar and pro bass charts for their song, that would be awesome.

I'm still waiting for "glow" by Alien Ant Farm, Hopefully next week!
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    Got me Nugget Man, Caraphernelia, Life Will Fade Away, Soy Bomb and Doppelg
  • 3pic81ueUnicorn3pic81ueUnicorn Not Active Enough
    edited August 2011
    Fantastic, 2 more Free Spirit songs!
  • RycheMaidenPS3RycheMaidenPS3 Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    Damn it. Damn it, damn it, DAMN IT! We need the Free Spirit songs on PS3!!

Sony, are you listening? I HATE YOU! I hate you for being so stupid to only allow 5 songs a week.

Free Spirit is an amazing band - and we only have ONE freaking song by them on PS3.
  • edited August 2011
    Very pleased to see Van Friscia in there for the PS3, even though that's the only thing I'm interested in this week. Hope we'll see some Amberian Dawn tracks ported over again soon, though.
  • BathTubBathTub Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    Definitely at least these 3:

Freezepop - "Doppelg
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited August 2011
    FinalAeon;4479712 said:
    **** YES! Van Frisia on PS3! I'll have to check the rest out but this week is already a million times better than the last one (no offence to Ozone).

Kids these days, no sense of nostalgia haha.

Honest Bob and Freezepop are gonna get downloaded for me as definate this week... i dont need and certainly didnt want to spend any more MSP on games this week but the familiarity of Soy Bomb and the awesomesauce that Freezepop always bring to the table has swayed me.
  • FinalAeonFinalAeon Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    Skode;4480307 said:
    Kids these days, no sense of nostalgia haha.

Well, I'm all for good nostalgic songs but I had never heard those songs before, even though I'm far from a kid. Maybe they didn't make that big of an impact in Europe, as they did in the US, or maybe my ears were never exposed to them for some other reason.

Also, Soy Bomb is awesome. Can't wait for that to make it over to the PS3.
    edited August 2011
    FinalAeon;4480328 said:
    Well, I'm all for good nostalgic songs but I had never heard those songs before, even though I'm far from a kid. Maybe they didn't make that big of an impact in Europe, as they did in the US, or maybe my ears were never exposed to them for some other reason.

Also, Soy Bomb is awesome. Can't wait for that to make it over to the PS3.
    Not that big here I guess too, I never heard of them before, nor any of their songs. 1999 isn't THAT long ago either.

I guess it's nostalgia in terms of the games the songs are about?
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    khaosklub;4480348 said:
    Not that big here I guess too, I never heard of them before, nor any of their songs. 1999 isn't THAT long ago either.

Pac-Man Fever is from '82, the '99 is a re-issue:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pac-Man_Fever_%28album%29
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    It. Was. HUGE in '82.

I still have my vinyl copy somewhere.
    edited August 2011
    Well, alright then. I underestimated how long ago it was. I guess you could say it is before my time. Still, it's kind of odd how I never bumped into any of them, while I have played most of the games, that the songs are about.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    I'm going to pass on the Free Spirit RB3 versions because I do not feel they are worth the upgrade (I have the 1st release) for me personally at 160MSP. If they had been released at 80MSP then I would have grabbed them.

For those who did not purchase them before, then make sure you grab the RB3 versions. They good tracks :)
    edited August 2011
    Pankrazzo;4480357 said:
    Pac-Man Fever is from '82, the '99 is a re-issue:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pac-Man_Fever_%28album%29

oh, okay, that makes sense that the songs are from the golden age of gaming... wasn't even alive then. I thought it was odd that anyone would make golden age of gaming songs in '99, though I would expect someone too, even today to make songs about pong or space war.

wow... never thought about people in their 30's playing rockband. Puts a lot into perspective. I wonder if you guys care for the 2000 songs and 2010 songs on rockband. I know I generally don't.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited August 2011
    I'm 38 and I listen to all kinds of music. Old, new, metal, urban, country, classical, blues, rock, you name it.

You're only as limited or as 'old' as you allow yourself to be.
  • edited August 2011
    I'm a little younger than Noble, but I too don't really care when a song was made, as long as it's good. In fact, my favorite band didn't release their first album until 2002.

On the other hand, that does mean that I'm not really a person who likes music just because it's from my youth (very early youth, in case of '80s tracks ;) ), which is why I didn't care for Bruckner & Garcia much and didn't pick up any of their tracks.
  • edited August 2011
    I was born in 1990 and i've heard Pac-Man Fever before. It was actually one of the first songs i downloaded off Napster when that first started back before Metallica ruined free music downloading for everyone.

But then again i was big into 80's cheese back then.
    edited August 2011
    Come to think of it, I have a lot of classics from the 60's, 70's and 80's. So yeah, it's probably lack of exposure in my living area. That and it just didn't do anything for me, even though I have A LOT of video game music in my library.
    edited August 2011
    Der_Lex;4480984 said:
    I'm a little younger than Noble, but I too don't really care when a song was made, as long as it's good. In fact, my favorite band didn't release their first album until 2002.

On the other hand, that does mean that I'm not really a person who likes music just because it's from my youth (very early youth, in case of '80s tracks ;) ), which is why I didn't care for Bruckner & Garcia much and didn't pick up any of their tracks.

I don't dislike '00 and later songs. I listen to all the songs coming out and buy the ones that sound good, and many of them are from '00 and '10. But I just find most songs from '10 and late '00 to usually be pretty disappointing.

but there are a lot of songs from the '90s that I don't care for either, I just noticed not liking '10 songs in particular.
  • The FriskThe Frisk Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    khaosklub;4481177 said:

but there are a lot of songs from the '90s that I don't care for either, I just noticed not liking '10 songs in particular.

Probably because a bulk of the songs from the 90's and 80's that you disliked you forgot about, as where the ones from the late 00's and 10's are fresher in your mind.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    khaosklub;4480968 said:
    wow... never thought about people in their 30's playing rockband. Puts a lot into perspective. I wonder if you guys care for the 2000 songs and 2010 songs on rockband. I know I generally don't.

There is quite a few of us :) I do not care when a song is released for me to like it. It just needs to sound right. I'll generally avoid screamy shouty metal though.

As an example, I like the Cartman version of Poker Face but hate the GaGa version because it does not sound right to me.
    edited August 2011
    Blasteroids;4481262 said:
    There is quite a few of us :) I do not care when a song is released for me to like it. It just needs to sound right. I'll generally avoid screamy shouty metal though.

As an example, I like the Cartman version of Poker Face but hate the GaGa version because it does not sound right to me.
    And Cartman sounds right? LOL... i think not. (gaga isn't much better though.. i agree.)
    We do need more South Park-related music though... like a 4 pack of novelty songs.. and include a South park song of some sort.