RBN Question

darkcloud13darkcloud13 Unsigned
edited August 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Got some more question for you guys.
1. Do you need to play a song on all instuments before uploading it for review?
2. Can you still use RB2 audition mode?
3. Can you still upload song to RBN from RB2.
4. Can you use the RBN template and not the RBN2 one?
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited August 2011
    darkcloud13;4481987 said:
    Got some more question for you guys.
    1. Do you need to play a song on all instuments before uploading it for review?
    What does this mean? If you mean do you need to audition it before uploading, then no you don't but it is highly recommended you do.
    2. Can you still use RB2 audition mode?
    Yes, but now it can only be used for customs, as current RBAs are unreadable to that game.
    3. Can you still upload song to RBN from RB2.
    No, you can not.
    4. Can you use the RBN template and not the RBN2 one?
    Thanks in advance.

No, there are many changes between the past version and the current version, so the past template's MIDI charts are no longer accepted by Magma.

If you want to author for RBN, you will need all current software, including the updated Magma, the new RBN2.0 template, REAPER, and RB3.
  • darkcloud13darkcloud13 Unsigned
    edited August 2011
    Some good news (Don't have to buy all instruments) and some bad news (Got to get RB3 instead of RB2). Thanks for answering so quickly. Im going to go see how much I can get RB3 for. Thanks again.
    edited August 2011
    darkcloud13;4482005 said:
    Some good news (Don't have to buy all instruments) and some bad news (Got to get RB3 instead of RB2). Thanks for answering so quickly. Im going to go see how much I can get RB3 for. Thanks again.

With audition mode you can set it up to play itself, so that's an easy way to see if the charts are all good.

And RB3 was reduced to $20, so you can get it cheaper than most games.

But some other charges are:

XNA account ($100 a year).
    XBOX LIVE Gold ($59.99 a year).

That's about it, really.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    I don't think you need gold, just silver.
    edited August 2011
    DragoonXD;4482019 said:
    I don't think you need gold, just silver.

Huh, it said somewhere in the docs that a Gold account was needed for audition mode to work. I could be wrong, though.
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited August 2011
    LiveHomeVideo;4482020 said:
    Huh, it said somewhere in the docs that a Gold account was needed for audition mode to work. I could be wrong, though.

It was thought at one point that you needed Gold to subscribe to XNA, but I believe that has been debunked. There may still be lingering references to it in the documentation though.