RBN DLC Discussion: 8/25/2011 (Xbox), 8/31/2011 (PS3)

HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
edited August 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Xbox 360 RBN Releases for Thursday, 8/25/2011

Classical
Thomas Walker - "Flight of the Bumblebee (Rimsky-Korsakov - Piano Version)" (80 MSP)

Hip-Hop/Rap
IDLEMINE - "Glamour Life" (160 MSP)

Metal
After the Burial - "My Frailty" (160 MSP)
Amberian Dawn - "War in Heaven" (160 MSP)
Blue Water Dance - "Making Love (To a Foreign Woman While Reading Time Magazine" (160 MSP)
Devin Townsend - "Hyperdrive" (160 MSP)
Skindred - "Stand for Something (RB3 version)" (160 MSP)
Terrorhorse - "Magnolia" (160 MSP)
Terrorhorse - "Magnolia (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)

Pop-Rock
Oh Darling - "Young Love" (160 MSP)

Prog
Myrath - "Madness" (160 MSP)

Rock
Emery - "Scissors" (160 MSP)
Haunted By Heroes - "Rock Me Roxy" (80 MSP)

PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 8/30/2011 (North America) and Wednesday, 8/31/2011 (Europe)

Antoine Dodson & The Gregory Brothers - "Bed Intruder Song (feat. Kelly Dodson)" ($1.99) - Pop/Dance/Electronic
Bring Me The Horizon - "Pray for Plagues" ($1.99) - Metal
Chiodos - "Caves" ($1.99) - Rock
dB Soundworks - "Betus Blues (Retro Remix)" ($0.99) - Pop/Dance/Electronic
Rishloo - "Turning Sheep Into Goats/Systematomatic" ($0.99) - Prog

----------------

Special note: "Dreamchaser" and "Hangman" are also projected for PS3 Europe on 8/31/2011. "Pressure Cooker" is still delayed at this time.

Comments

• ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited August 2011
    MASSIVE PS3 update... awesome update all around,

magnolia is a much better and more enjoyable song then the other terrorhorse songs, and i highly recommend hyperdrive, scissors, and... i guess children surrender got held back?
  • khaosklubkhaosklub Unsigned
    edited August 2011
    meh, as far as the PS3 releases go, I really only care for the super meat boy song, but that's a good thing for next week, since Red Hot Chili Peppers will be draining away most of my rockband funds anyway. Only spending $.99 on RBN makes up for the like $8 or whatever for this weeks regular DLC.

still waiting for Alien Ant Farm, but I dont think it's going to come over, starting to think AAF fans are far and few... and don't play rockband or something...
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited August 2011
    khaosklub;4484531 said:

still waiting for Alien Ant Farm, but I dont think it's going to come over, starting to think AAF fans are far and few... and don't play rockband or something...

glow will be ported, almost guarenteed, there arent any others out yet, but some are close
  • LunaticSoulLunaticSoul Rising Star
    edited August 2011
    Yay BMTH, Bed Intruder and the last Rishloo song? PLUS RHCP??!?? Maaaan, awesome week! If the Chiodos song was better I'd have bought that too..

Also, 360 users, don't skip on Myrath, they're a good band. Also "Hyperdrive"..Wow, can't wait for that on PS3 RBN. It's the track I'm waiting the most on the Ziltoid album..

Great too hear that two of the three blocked songs are coming!
  • edited August 2011
    Nothing I'm interested in for the PS3 this week. Hope we'll be seeing some more Amberian Dawn tracks ported over soon.

There are 3 Xbox tracks this week that I hope get a PS3 port, though (Hyperdrive, Madness and War in Heaven).
  • edited August 2011
    Yeah what happened to Children Surrender?!? It looked awesome!
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited August 2011
    hm, if I decide to get some points this week I'll grab Emery

that's about it though, whatever happened to Black Veil Brides?
  • SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    edited August 2011
    Rated_R_Superstar;4484650 said:
    Yeah what happened to Children Surrender?!? It looked awesome!

I cant find the answer yet as well. I hope it didnt get pulled and is just being held for release next week.
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    kingtonyx;4484687 said:
    hm, if I decide to get some points this week I'll grab Emery

that's about it though, whatever happened to Black Veil Brides?

That's what I wanted to know because I was going to buy it on my friend's 360
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    SideshowN;4484696 said:
    I cant find the answer yet as well. I hope it didnt get pulled and is just being held for release next week.
    They're probably waiting to release all 3 BVB songs together (like Pac-man Fever).
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited August 2011
    Yeah I seem to recall something about the label wanting to release them on a certain date. Of course I could be thinking of something else >_>
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited August 2011
    Glad to finally see Amberian Dawn on RBN
    edited August 2011
    HeyRiles;4484756 said:
    I know, right?
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited August 2011
    Congratulations to Amberian Dawn for making it into Rock Band.
  • Lord_PorkswordLord_Porksword Unsigned
    edited August 2011
    Woot! "Pray for Plagues" for tha PS3! F'king nice one bruvvahz!! :D
    My wife's ears shall be assaulted tonight!
    I'll dedicate my first few alcoholic beverages to tha kind RBN folk who bring us PS3 slaves good Metal!

..now all I need is some Hypocrisy.. >)
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited August 2011
    What the...?! No one told me Amberian Dawn was coming to the Rock Band Network!

Okay, it's out of my system.
  • ShoTTySLanKiNShoTTySLanKiN Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    Maybe we could get a confirmation that it's good to purchase now(BVB) cuz I'll get if its just being held until the other songs are done.
  • FinalAeonFinalAeon Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    Runesmith;4485103 said:

I hope you mean that you're surprised there's another song coming. Because if you don't know Amberian Dawn is on RBN by now, you really must have been living under a rock, since they have basically released their whole discography on the 360 now and about half of the songs are available on PS3.
  • edited August 2011
    HeyRiles;4484756 said:
    DragoonXD;4484774 said:
    I know, right?
    SirDavidTLynch;4484795 said:
    Congratulations to Amberian Dawn for making it into Rock Band.
    Runesmith;4485103 said:

All these responses make me sad that it really has been a while since the PS3 saw any tracks from them. I'm all for variety, but I'd say that a band that has so fully embraced the RBN concept and whose tracks seem to sell pretty well despite the whining of those on here that don't like them should be rewarded for their output, not scorned or punished.

I'll admit being more than a bit biased because AD is the only RBN band I really like that has released more than a single track so far (barring some RBN1 bands/songs that were never ported over), though.
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited August 2011
    Der_Lex;4485149 said:
    All these responses make me sad that it really has been a while since the PS3 saw any tracks from them.
    Don't worry - you haven't seen the end of Amberian Dawn on PS3.
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    HMXLachesis;4485167 said:

If this doesn't result in a week where it's nothing but Amberian Dawn, then I'll find a way to burn your building down!
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited August 2011
    Yo, SC... go easy on the overt threats. I believe that you're joking, but you would not want to have that on the Internet if there were some kind of horrible disaster at Harmonix.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited August 2011
    I think you guys must have took his stapler.
  • PowerGamer990PowerGamer990 Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    Santa Claustrophobia;4485238 said:
    If this doesn't result in a week where it's nothing but Amberian Dawn, then I'll find a way to burn your building down!
    With lemons!
  • edited August 2011
    HMXLachesis;4485167 said:

That's good to hear, although I didn't really doubt we'd see more ports. It was mostly an expression of personal frustration on the attitude of a lot of users towards a band that's been cool enough to really participate in RBN in a big way. I think any band that chooses to support the network by publishing their full discography on it deserves better than that, regardless of whether you personally like their music or not.
    HMXLachesis;4485243 said:
    Yo, SC... go easy on the overt threats. I believe that you're joking, but you would not want to have that on the Internet if there were some kind of horrible disaster at Harmonix.

So next time HMXPope farts while in the building, SC is in big, big trouble...
    edited August 2011
    Der_Lex;4485571 said:
    That's good to hear, although I didn't really doubt we'd see more ports. It was mostly an expression of personal frustration on the attitude of a lot of users towards a band that's been cool enough to really participate in RBN in a big way.
    While I responded sarcastically to that post, I have no problem with Amberian Dawn. In fact, I have, and will buy, any and all of their songs.
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    HMXLachesis;4485243 said:
    Only if it's by fire.

If it collapses from an earthquake aftershock, blame god. Though, he isn't nearly as forthcoming about why he'd be displeased with HMX.

Probably because you guys hate the PS3.

If I were you, I'd consult religious authority on proper DLC release schedules. I'm probably much easier to please. (A week like that would be hilarious!)
  • PaperMario21PaperMario21 Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    Myrath's Madness was a great RBN song this week.
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited August 2011
    Skindred "Stand for Something" RB3 version? Never saw that one coming... awesome song, one of my fave RBN tracks hands down but didnt realise there was a demand for RB3 features for it.
  • jakeellis01jakeellis01 Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    yay... drugstore fanatics - hangman finally out in EU!

cheers HMX!

why the huge delay?