The Main Drag (RB3 versions)?

Scythemaster 37Scythemaster 37 Road Warrior
edited February 2012 in The Rock Band Network
What is the status on this? I mean, I would pay 160 Microsoft points instead of 80 points a piece just to have these songs RB3 christened! They'd be intensely fun on harmonies and keys.

I'm also not very happy with whoever charted the vocals for some of the Main Drag songs, but they're still my favorite RBN tracks. I REALLY want all of them RB3'd! I would love to at least know if it will ever happen.

Comments

• AskariNariAskariNari Rising Star
    edited August 2011
    Scythemaster 37;4485047 said:
    What is the status on this? I mean, I would pay 160 Microsoft points instead of 80 points a piece just to have these songs RB3 christened! They'd be intensely fun on harmonies and keys.

I'm also not very happy with whoever charted the vocals for some of the Main Drag songs, but they're still my favorite RBN tracks. I REALLY want all of them RB3'd! I would love to at least know if it will ever happen.

This was asked before, The Main Drag's drummer, who charted the songs, said that he'll look into the possibility after Dance Central 2 is released.
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited August 2011
    Despite being a robot powered on diet Coke and microwave beams, HMXJohnD is one of the busiest people I know. I wouldn't count on this any time soon.

Still, mentioning your interest and enthusiasm never hurts. (I would love Main Drag harmonies in my personal library, so I mention it whenever I can get away with it.)
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    AskariNari;4485065 said:
    This was asked before, The Main Drag's drummer, who charted the songs, said that he'll look into the possibility after Dance Central 2 is released.
    The Main Drag's drummer happens to be John Drake, Harmonix's poster boy and monkey dancer. (Actually, I thought he was the vocalist...)
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    NoThru22;4485192 said:
    The Main Drag's drummer happens to be John Drake, Harmonix's poster boy and monkey dancer. (Actually, I thought he was the vocalist...)

Naw, their vocalist is Matt Boch, Dance Central designer and man of many hoodies.
  • Scythemaster 37Scythemaster 37 Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    I don't know. I thought I had heard something about them not doing it, but that was a long time ago. I just wondered if there was any new information, so that's good :) at least there is hope.
  • dudemann14dudemann14 Rising Star
    edited August 2011
    HMXLachesis;4485170 said:
    Despite being a robot powered on diet Coke and microwave beams, HMXJohnD is one of the busiest people I know. I wouldn't count on this any time soon.

Still, mentioning your interest and enthusiasm never hurts. (I would love Main Drag harmonies in my personal library, so I mention it whenever I can get away with it.)
    Add me to the list of people that would love Main Drag RB3 Versions. I'd totally buy them if it happens. Hopefully John will get some spare time at some point, I'm sure he's quite busy.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    Here is the thread where John D comments on this matter: http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221988
  • blingdomepieceblingdomepiece Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    I like how they left one Main Drag song off the PS3 so we can't get that goal.
  • edited January 2012
    I was just listening to some Main Drag and I thought I would bring this up again. These songs would be so great with keys and harmonies and they are some of the greatest drum tracks and for them not to have pro is a crime. I'm sure John Drake is busy with all his secret projects and whatnot but is there anyway to get RB3 versions of a couple of their songs? I'm sure TAG would do it for next to nothing.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited January 2012
    I'm still waiting on more decisive words before I buy them. John said HE wasn't gonna do them, but I don't think he's ever commented on sending them to others.
  • ricecakericecake Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    If they do release RB3 versions, my hope is that a RB3 version of "Cease and Desist" would unlock the goal on PS3, since that is the only Main Drag song that didn't come over.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited January 2012
    It depends on whether the goal is looking for any 18 Main Drag songs or if it's looking for the specific songs, in which case "Cease and Desist (RB3 version)" won't work.
  • Chopper13Chopper13 Opening Act
    edited January 2012
    Even better (IMO) would be a nice official DLC pack of all the Main Drag songs so I wouldn't have to buy all of them individually again
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited January 2012
    Chopper13;4624913 said:
    Even better (IMO) would be a nice official DLC pack of all the Main Drag songs so I wouldn't have to buy all of them individually again
    Yeah, hate to break it to you, all the songs were $1. Half-price songs don't get a pack discount.
  • edited January 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4625139 said:
    Yeah, hate to break it to you, all the songs were $1. Half-price songs don't get a pack discount.
    Not only that but the one album was 10 songs (one was on disc) and it cost $10 when you bought all the tracks. I think 10 packs are normally $15 so it WAS cheaper.
  • Chopper13Chopper13 Opening Act
    edited February 2012
    It's not that I want it cheaper, the price was fantastic. It's more that I'm too lazy to download all 10 songs individually again haha
  • NumskullNumskull Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    Chopper13;4626164 said:
    It's not that I want it cheaper, the price was fantastic. It's more that I'm too lazy to download all 10 songs individually again haha
    I hear that. I really hate the fact that when I type a ten-letter word, I have to press ten keys in sequence instead of just mashing the keyboard with the palm of my hand. It is such a chore.
  • Scythemaster 37Scythemaster 37 Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    I want RB3 Versions and I want them now.
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    A RB3 Version of Don't Let Me Down (Slowly) would be awesome to see :D