The RBN one time only Friday announcement thread.

ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
edited August 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Since we're not getting an official HMX announcement of DLC today, we figured we would try to rally the RBN authoring community to do a one time Friday announcement to ease the loss and pain of not getting our Friday fix.

So authoring groups if you've been holding back any unannounced artists or songs, or were about to announce something in a few days, why not just go ahead and announce it here.

Now as a disclaimer some of this stuff might be a ways out as we're looking for exciting news to announce to you guys, and some of that might come with the caveat of this is still in the infant stages. (meaning it's a done deal, but it might take a while for this to hit testing).

Sure this won't take the place of the official HMX awesome announcement threads, but it's better than letting you guys go cold turkey for an entire week.

So having said that we'll be announcing a few things throughout the day. Some big, some small, some might make you go meh, and some might make you poop your pants *THAT AUTHORING GROUP NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGES THAT MAY OCCUR TO YOUR UNDER GARMENTS DURING SAID POOPING*

We'll start the thread off with a bang!

We've talked about this in the past, but it was an up in the air type of thing based on sales, or fan reaction, etc, etc.

However having said that we can finally announce that there will DEFINITELY be more Devin Townsend material coming after Ziltoid. We don't have specifics yet on what or when, we don't know if this is solo material or Strapping Young Lad, but Devin is 100% on board with bringing more songs to the game.

So that's our first whammy of the day! Any other authors want to jump in here and announce upcoming songs, artists, projects, or heck even contests then this is the place to do it!

Comments

• jjdude1jjdude1 Rising Star
    edited August 2011
    "Jam 2" and another song called "Rock Band Blues" by Philip Franco is most certainly coming to Rock Band this year, as well as a Pro Drum fix for the original "Jam."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1whTQkBCQ2g&feature=related

http://phillyboombasto.tumblr.com/post/9243128402/the-rock-band-blues-is-another-original-by-phil
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    We announced it last night, but since this is here: the first all-German RBN song, "Haben Haben Haben" by Dampfmaschine, is now in our pipeline. So after all the German punk and metal bands we're finally doing a punk (with a dash of metal) song in German.
  • edited August 2011
    I've just recently uploaded Mozart's "Sonata No. 16" into playtesting.
    I'm also going to announce a few songs that I've considered and probably will do in the future:
    Pachelbel's "Canon in D"
    Bach's "Bouree in E Minor"
    Mozart's "Piano Concerto No. 21"
    Mozart's "Symphony No. 40"
    Rossini's "Barber of Seville"

I've considered The Four Seasons by Vivaldi, but that might be too large of a task (each piece split into 3 songs to adhere to the time limit would mean 12 songs).
  • pmpboarderpmpboarder Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    Greetings, I've started up a charting group called: 402 Note Streak. The '402' comes from my area code, as I plan to bring lots of local (Omaha, NE) acts to the game. (But I'm also in talks with artists in Poland and Germany, so don't think I have no scope.) I don't know what inspired the 'Note Streak' part. Maybe something I heard in an old movie one time?

Anyway, I was gonna save this for my "News and Announcements" thread, but I'll go ahead and post here, too.

Talking Mountain - "The Abominable Abdominal Snowman Pts. I & II"
    (Hear it for free on Spotify or MySpace. iTunes also has a 90 second preview.)

The song is about a group of kids who make a snowman that magically comes to life. But the magic soon wears off once the kids realize the snowman keeps blowing them off just so he can work out. Poignant lyrics are masked by an abundance of fun. Filled with lots of harmonies and layers of keys, it's catchy pop music you can't help but sing and dance along with.

Most of the charting is done. The harmonies are very fun. I wrestled with which synth lines to chart to keys, but I have finally settled on what I think is the most fun for every instrument. I just need to work on the mix more before I upload it for testing. You should be seeing it soon!

I'm also in various stages with quite a few other artists (some of which you may have even heard of), so stay tuned! (To my News and Announcements thread.) (Once I make it.)
  • Blind_3Blind_3 Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    BeyondTheUniverseRBN;4485309 said:
    I'm also going to announce a few songs that I've considered and probably will do in the future:
    Pachelbel's "Canon in D"

I've considered The Four Seasons by Vivaldi, but that might be too large of a task (each piece split into 3 songs to adhere to the time limit would mean 12 songs).

I would kill for Bach - Toccata and Fugue in D Minor.
  • wesjett08wesjett08 Rising Star
    edited August 2011
    Here goes ...

I am excited to announce that we here at Ultra Saturday are partnering with the awesomely hilarious dudes from Psychostick to bring their song "BEER!!!" to the RBN!

We are all pretty stoked about this one and if you've got requests for more Psychostick be sure to send them our way! ... and stuff.

Expect a preview video very soon!
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited August 2011
    BeyondTheUniverseRBN;4485309 said:
    Pachelbel's "Canon in D"

You're doing an amazing job bringing great songs for the keys players to RBN. Thanks! They've all been great so far!
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited August 2011
    wesjett08;4485344 said:
    Here goes ...

I am excited to announce that we here at Ultra Saturday are partnering with the awesomely hilarious dudes from Psychostick to bring their song "BEER!!!" to the RBN!

We are all pretty stoked about this one and if you've got requests for more Psychostick be sure to send them our way! ... and stuff.

NICE!

Been waiting for that one!

I wish RBN could do 'covers' because I can't count to Four from the new albums is damn hilarious :D
    edited August 2011
    Here's our second announcement of the day!

We'll be working with Lennon to bring multiple tracks from throughout her career.

No not John Lennon...settle down ;)

http://www.myspace.com/lennon

She has a wide range of styles that run the gamut from straight up hard rock :
    http://www.myspace.com/lennon/videos/video/60920949

To piano driven ballads :
    http://www.myspace.com/lennon/videos/video/4176987

All the way down to the angriest depths of heavy metal :
    http://www.myspace.com/lennon/videos/shadow-never-ending/30813321

We'll announce specific tracks (there will be mutliple tracks coming from her) in the near future!
  • AskariNariAskariNari Rising Star
    edited August 2011
    I came in expecting someone to announce the song "Friday." I am very pleased with what is in this thread instead.
    edited August 2011
    Well I might have been premature in the one time only thing.

There's authors that like the idea of us having an announcement thread like this.

However since we're not HMX and we don't get artists as fast we'll probably do this once a month. Probably at the end of the month.

So I guess this is just the first, not the only >_>

So look for a new announcement thread on the last Friday of every month I guess.

If any other authors have anything to announce then this is open all day long!
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    Honest question. What advantage does this thread serve over the existing authors threads that they announce in?
  • pmpboarderpmpboarder Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    Blasteroids;4485605 said:
    Honest question. What advantage does this thread serve over the existing authors threads that they announce in?

First paragraph
    Since we're not getting an official HMX announcement of DLC today, we figured we would try to rally the RBN authoring community to do a one time Friday announcement to ease the loss and pain of not getting our Friday fix.
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited August 2011
    OK, I'll jump in now that the video's finally uploaded and it's still Friday.

We already confirmed Paul and Storm's "Fuzzy Man (Fuzzy Nation)" but we never had a video of it. So here you go. Also, the news post.

Askari Nari also gave us a couple more tracks to work on, A Tadg30 Song and Looks Good. I really like these two tracks, they both have pretty interesting parts. They're still in the works, and videos will be made once they are done.

That's all I got for now, but there's still a ton of stuff on the way.
  • AskariNariAskariNari Rising Star
    edited August 2011
    Arcanon;4485657 said:
    OK, I'll jump in now that the video's finally uploaded and it's still Friday.

We already confirmed Paul and Storm's "Fuzzy Man (Fuzzy Nation)" but we never had a video of it. So here you go. Also, the news post.

Askari Nari also gave us a couple more tracks to work on, A Tadg30 Song and Looks Good. I really like these two tracks, they both have pretty interesting parts. They're still in the works, and videos will be made once they are done.

That's all I got for now, but there's still a ton of stuff on the way.

I've been waiting all day for this, this is awesome! This is one of my most anticipated RBN projects. I can't wait for Fuzzy Man to come out, good get with this one.
    edited August 2011
    Ok I'm going to close out the night (Unless of course another group comes in and announces something else), by saying that our partners Season-Of-Mist are looking over their catalouge of artists and trying to decide IF there is a round two (and it's looking pretty good) of Season artists which ones to bring to the game.

So having said that go to our main thread here in the RB forums and put in your vote for who and what songs you'd like to see in the game!

Come back at the end of September for the next big Friday announcement thread.

See you then!
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    So much awesomeness to comment on! But, specifically.....
    wesjett08;4485344 said:
    Here goes ...

Yay! Finally getting close to release, eh? I would LOOOOOOOVE to have It's Just A Movie, Stupid from their new album. Although, it'd be kinda sucky to hear "... and it was BULLS........ BULLS......".

Either that, Because Boobs, Shower, #1 Radio $ingle (no link) or Die...A Lot. PLEASE OH PLEASE!!!!

And Rock Band Blues is so awesome. The crap quality gives it a certain charm.
  • dansolodansolo Rising Star
    edited August 2011
    wesjett08;4485344 said:
    Here goes ...

This is big time baby. Can't wait for this to be available to ps3.