RBN DLC for 09/01 (RBNStuff)

atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
edited August 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Updates on this forum will link you to the song page on RBNStuff.com
The song page has all the usual stuff (buy links, author, etc) but will now include, when applicable, a playthrough video for the song or (if a playthrough video is not available) a video of the song itself. We're hoping this makes it a little easier for you to listen to the song and gauge whether or not it's something you want to purchase.

Anyways, a full list of upcoming and recent songs can be found here: rbnstuff.com/songs (under the "upcoming and recent" tab)

New songs:
All City Elite - Wake Up Fall (160MSP)
Without Mercy - Slit (160MSP)

Comments

• ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited August 2011
    jukebox the ghost's so let us create has also appeared, and this week will be big, there's at least another 8-10 songs not up that have passed...
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited August 2011
    Zemanator;4486559 said:
    jukebox the ghost's so let us create has also appeared, and this week will be big, there's at least another 8-10 songs not up that have passed...
    Oh I'm grabbing that one.

It's a slow Queen/Beatles type of song.

Nice change of pace from the "I'm gonna light your church on fire" types of songs my nephews like to play :P
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    Zemanator;4486559 said:

F*** YEAH!

Now, I just know they sold well. We desperately need the rest of that album and more!
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    "Anubis" and "Perfect Weapon" are both amazing on drums.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    Yup, got Jukebox up there on the recent songs. Still waiting for the song page, but all the buy and preview information is right here

I'm going to add a "notable releases" feature to the new RBNStuff.com where I will put up the best 2 or 3 songs per week. Songs that I think people will really enjoy. Do you guys have any recommendations as to how I should do this?
  • pmpboarderpmpboarder Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    atalkingfish;4486676 said:
    I'm going to add a "notable releases" feature to the new RBNStuff.com where I will put up the best 2 or 3 songs per week. Songs that I think people will really enjoy. Do you guys have any recommendations as to how I should do this?

Every couple weeks, HMX posts an RBN Highlights blog with recommendations from HMX employees and Creators members. I think you should contribute your thoughts there and link to that via RBNStuff. There can never be too many recommendations, and I think it would be nice to have them all in one place instead of splitting people's efforts to achieve the same goal.

Unless you just want to remain independent from all that and write up all the notable releases yourself. But then I can see it quickly becoming cordoned off as biased towards your own tastes. This is your site, so that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Or even highlight the songs that don't get highlighted in the RBN Highlights blog, as there are many noteworthy songs that are simply neglected due to one's preference of other songs, lack of time to write anything, or even hitting an unspoken limit of recommendations, among other things. For instance, five of my recommendations were published in the last blog post. Five out of only six total songs recommended.
    edited August 2011
    pmpboarder;4486825 said:
    Every couple weeks, HMX posts an RBN Highlights blog with recommendations from HMX employees and Creators members. I think you should contribute your thoughts there and link to that via RBNStuff. There can never be too many recommendations, and I think it would be nice to have them all in one place instead of splitting people's efforts to achieve the same goal.

Unless you just want to remain independent from all that and write up all the notable releases yourself. But then I can see it quickly becoming cordoned off as biased towards your own tastes. This is your site, so that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Or even highlight the songs that don't get highlighted in the RBN Highlights blog, as there are many noteworthy songs that are simply neglected due to one's preference of other songs, lack of time to write anything, or even hitting an unspoken limit of recommendations, among other things. For instance, five of my recommendations were published in the last blog post. Five out of only six total songs recommended.

Well, I have the "featured song" as something very rare, usually songs that wow almost everyone who plays them, and that's basically only once a month.

The notable releases are way more common than that, and even more common than the Rock Band RBN Highlights.

I'm still not sure how I should do it. My ideas are:
    - Have a page in the songs section for songs notable releases. This can be anything from unique songs to just generally fun songs.
    - Have a box next to each song (as there is now) that is grey under most circumstances, but songs that are especially good (from community review) get little green boxes with checks (like the recommended songs I used to do in these threads) while occasionally, songs that are bad for some reason (really awful charting, things like that. Nothing preference or taste-related, just literal you-should-not-buy-this kind of stuff) will have a red box with an X.
  • The FriskThe Frisk Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    Conquer Me is now on the RBN Releases site.
  • dudemann14dudemann14 Rising Star
    edited August 2011
    The Frisk;4487725 said:
    Conquer Me is now on the RBN Releases site.

^ Which I am very excited for.

Also, "Fuzzy Man" by Paul and Storm and "Heaven's Calling" by the Black Veil Brides are up as well.
  • edited August 2011
    I wasn't expecting more Paul & Storm already! Thats awesome

Anyone else having trouble with the Xbox site? I keep getting that "Uh oh, that shouldn't have happened" page when i click to purchase it.
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    edited August 2011
    MagicMurderBag7;4487787 said:
    Anyone else having trouble with the Xbox site? I keep getting that "Uh oh, that shouldn't have happened" page when i click to purchase it.

Should be working now.
    edited August 2011
    Don't worry guys, I'm basically updating the site as this happens, but expect occasional delays + site malfunctions for the next.... 24 hours? I'll give that estimate.

I'm just putting the finishing touches on the off-site build of the upcoming RBNStuff update, and I am working on applying that to the forum section. Once that is done, I'll shift the off-site build to RBNStuff.com and we'll have a WHOLE BRAND NEW FULLY FUNCTIONING SITE:
    This includes authoring companies' ability to post their own news as they desire (which is way cool, imo)

Also, (and I hate to dangle this in front of your faces) our next "featured song" will be appearing after the new site build is up. The song is the one and only magnificent "Madness" by Myrath. This will be coming with a pretty good sized interview with the band founder/guitarist Malek Ben Arbia. We talk about their song's involvement in Rock Band, their band history, and their upcoming album. So look forward to that!
  • SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    edited August 2011
    "Into the Blacklight" re release is up but beware the song is 1 microsoft point so its bound to be re released again.
    edited August 2011
    Are you serious?

ARGH.

Let me find out what's up...
    edited August 2011
    Tried downloading it figuring it was an error on their site, and as I download it greets me with the "Sorry, this offer has expired for your region" error message.

At least if everyone else gets that same message, then you won't be losing any money off of a MS site screwup.
    edited August 2011
    Yeah we already pulled it and informed HMX.

They don't know why this random glitch pops up as this is only the 3rd time it has ever happened.

Two of those times have been our songs >_<
    edited August 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4487949 said:
    Yeah we already pulled it and informed HMX.

They don't know why this random glitch pops up as this is only the 3rd time it has ever happened.

Two of those times have been our songs >_<</div>
    I remember it happening with Poor Yorick, but what other song also had this glitch?
    edited August 2011
    I'm not sure. When I posted about the issue on poor yorick they told me that it had only happened one other time but didn't say what song.
    edited August 2011
    I prefer not to even mention 1MSP point songs as it is bad for Microsoft, bad for HMX, bad for the bands, and bad for the authoring companies. I think it's best if we don't even mention it.
    edited August 2011
    The site is now back up to speed, with the majority of new features ported in and all the necessities are in working order. Tons of new songs are coming out this Thursday and you can see them all here with previews and buy links.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    Now it's just annoying how long I'm having to wait for those next AAF songs. They pass, then there's a bug at the last second. They finally go up on error420, another bug and it's pulled.

Not blaming the authors, of course, just sayin'.
    edited August 2011
    Fairwood Studios have brought us "Hitman Blues" by The Blue News for 80MSP (preview in link)