September 9- number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9

caflagelcaflagel Opening Act
edited August 2011 in The Beatles: Rock Band
September is approaching. What does this mean to Apple corps? Probably absolutely nothing since they have made it a priority to ignore The Beatles: Rock Band every chance they get for almost two years now. I however still care about this game, unlike Apple Corps, and I still support it even though Apple Corps does not.

The above paragraph is redundant, yes, but hey, I do what I can to get my point across. And my point being: Come September 9th, it will most likely be just a normal day of insignificance for Apple Corps, but it will be a day of disappointment and anger for Beatles fans, but of course Apple Corps wont care since appeasing The Beatles: Rock Band fans is not a top priority to them. Just ignoring them.

Now of course I could be wrong, and I really hope I am, I would be very happy to be proven wrong in this case. Whatever gets more DLC into The Beatles: Rock Band. The "glacial pace" of dealing with Beatles music has gone FAR BEYOND the range of annoying. Two years is a long enough wait for an update ( DLC ) that is NOT a Rock Band 3 export. Screw a Rock Band 3 export.

Harmonix really does have a great relationship with Apple Corps, don't they?

Harmonix Developer: Can we have some more Beatles songs?

Apple Executive: No! Get the hell out of here, come back in a year so I can reject you again.

But seriously WHY? Why Apple Corps? Putting The Beatles songs in The Beatles: Rock Band is NOT excessive commercial use. All you are doing is selling Beatles songs and albums in a different form, that is hardly excessive. Putting Beatles songs in commercials, television shows, and maybe even films is more excessive commercial use than putting the albums in a piece of media DEDICATED to nothing but THE BEATLES. Damn. Imagine the Beatles Anthology without Beatles music.

Well that is my rant for the day, and I look forward to being disappointed on September 9th ( End Sarcasm ).

Comments

• nascarfan19nascarfan19 Headliner
    edited August 2011
    I'm sure it'll be just more dissapointment (and via 363 days ago)
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited August 2011
    Do you have to make a new thread every time you have something to say?

Anyway, there's possibly this.
  • caflagelcaflagel Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    SirDavidTLynch;4487415 said:
    Do you have to make a new thread every time you have something to say?

Anyway, there's possibly this.
    To answer your question- Yes I do.

Intriguing. Thank you for the link SirDavidTLynch, I only listened to the parts about The Beatles because everything else they have to say is irrelevant to me. But that was certainly interesting nevertheless. I will wait until the 9th to see what they are planning, so in the meantime I will avoid posting my rants.

September 9th is approaching, I hope whatever Harmonix is planning is worth it.
  • MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    caflagel;4487429 said:

September 9th is approaching, I hope whatever Harmonix is planning is worth it.

Well they made it pretty clear that it won't be DLC related so you're probably going to be disappointed no matter what they do.
  • caflagelcaflagel Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    As long as they don't say they are making a Rock Band 3 export, I will be a little bit happy.
  • MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    caflagel;4487437 said:
    As long as they don't say they are making a Rock Band 3 export, I will be a little bit happy.

Not that it has a chance of happening, but a Beatles export is one of the most highly requested features among the communtiy. It would no doubt generate money for HMX (from both export fees and the boost in B:RB sales caused by it) and help their relationship with Apple. It would greatly increase the chances of more DLC, whether that ended up being on TB:RB or RB3. To say an export would make you mad is ridiculous, especially considering that it wouldn't even have to affect you (you don't have to export, even if the feature is available) and because you're persistent on requesting more Beatles DLC and an export would undoubtedly help that.
    edited August 2011
    I have my doubts that adding 73 songs from one band will help more and more DLC from that band. If they ever revisit DLC for The Beatles: Rock Band, it's not inconceivable that we'd see a round of monthly packs, but for Rock Band 3 we'd be lucky to see two packs within the same year.
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited August 2011
    I can only imagine HMX is torn between making TB:RB exportable and redoing the tracks to include keys. I know I would be torn if I was in charge of making such a decision. Both would sell, but there would be complaints regardless with each option.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited August 2011
    caflagel;4487400 said:
    Harmonix really does have a great relationship with Apple Corps, don't they?

Do you think they would have gotten within fifty miles of The Beatles' masters if they didn't?

And is there some significance to September 9, or did you just pull that out of your ass?
  • Anton_96Anton_96 Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    SheSaidSheSaid;4487492 said:
    Do you think they would have gotten within fifty miles of The Beatles' masters if they didn't?

And is there some significance to September 9, or did you just pull that out of your ass?

Second anniversary of the game's release date.
  • beatlesfan99beatlesfan99 Rising Star
    edited August 2011
    Wasn't there an identical thread to this a few weeks ago?
    edited August 2011
    This is the fourth time he's created this topic. The original post may be different, but any potential discussion could go in a number of other threads.