Albums with missing master tracks.

joescorpionjoescorpion Opening Act
edited September 2011 in The Rock Band Network
I figured that alot of people are leaving requests for bands who have master tracks missing or destroyed. So I thought I would make a post with a list of all the albums that are rumored to have missing master tracks. I figured it would save time for any authoring group looking to bring these songs in. If any contributions could be made please feel free to tell me which masters are non-existent.

Lynyrd Skynyrd- Second Helping
Def Leppard- Hysteria
Pantera- Cowboys From Hell
Nirvana- Songs Lithium and Come As You Are
Alice Cooper- Billion Dollar Babies
Alice Cooper- Schools Out
Aerosmith- Aerosmith
Sex Pistols- Never Mind the Bollocks
Anthrax- Spreading The Disease
Anthrax- Fist Full Of Metal
Anvil- Metal On Metal
Black Sabbath- Paranoid
Gama Bomb- Survival Of The Fastest
Grim Reaper- Rock You TO Hell (Taped OVer)
Grim Reaper- See You In Hell (Taped Over)
Grim Reaper- Fear No Evil (Taped Over)
Motorhead- Overkill
Motorhead- Ace Of Spades
Skid Row- Early Albums

Comments

• HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited August 2011
    Alternate recordings of "Ace of Spades", "School's Out", "Billion Dollar Babies", "Lithium", and "Come As You Are" are already in the Rock Band catalogue.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited August 2011
    You can add Skid Row to that list.

My teenage rebellious side weeps.
  • joescorpionjoescorpion Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    @ HMXLachesis I was refferinh to the orginal recordings for me live tracks and rerecordings just arent the same. @ThatAuthoringGroup that's unfortunate to hear I really wanted some early skid row in Rock Band. I take it you are referring to the early skid row stuff right?
  • General Lein979General Lein979 Headliner
    edited August 2011
    Green day isn't missing they just haven't digitalized them and paranoid is questionable with the exeption for maybe paranoid because it is from a different studio than the rest of the songs on that album and is recorded live in studio, although I think I remember hearing the vocal track in classic albums paranoid. I know iron man works from being shown as isolated in that show.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited August 2011
    joescorpion;4487772 said:
    @ HMXLachesis I was refferinh to the orginal recordings for me live tracks and rerecordings just arent the same. @ThatAuthoringGroup that's unfortunate to hear I really wanted some early skid row in Rock Band. I take it you are referring to the early skid row stuff right?

Yeah Sebastian Bach reported today that the hurricane hit his house and all the early Skid Row masters are destroyed.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    I believe Green Day succesfully remastered their first albums in preperation for future DLC.
    I know that right before the game they were planning on baking all of them(possibly destroying them in the conversion), but I think it turned out fine
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    I doubt any of these artists will come through RBN.
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    DragoonXD;4487875 said:
    I doubt any of these artists will come through RBN.

Grim Reaper are.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    Oh, well then I spoke too soon.
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited September 2011
    HMXLachesis;4487726 said:
    Alternate recordings of "Ace of Spades", "School's Out", "Billion Dollar Babies", "Lithium", and "Come As You Are" are already in the Rock Band catalogue.

The alice cooper efforts that were live from that pack were all from Warner were they not (as in the studio master versions) at the time when it was never announced but presumed based on back and forth comments with one another than Warner and Viacom were not playing ball with each when it came to agreeable prices for their songs to be licensed on the games.

I presumed as such the masters are ok as such but just were not available to us at that time... not that we will see the studio masters now of course as there is no need for them but you have me curious.
  • TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    I know people are going to get on my case again, but I can confirm with you that there is no multi-track in existence of "Go Go Power Rangers" by Ron Wasserman. Ron recorded it on a single tape since it was recorded very quickly as a TV theme.

So please, for the love of God, stop asking me to get it.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited September 2011
    TheOzone;4488729 said:
    I know people are going to get on my case again, but I can confirm with you that there is no multi-track in existence of "Go Go Power Rangers" by Ron Wasserman. Ron recorded it on a single tape since it was recorded very quickly as a TV theme.

So please, for the love of God, stop asking me to get it.

I thought you guys did / were going to have him rerecord it, and the problem was a rights issue
  • TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    LuigiHann;4488741 said:
    I thought you guys did / were going to have him rerecord it, and the problem was a rights issue
    If we were to do it, it'd have to be a re-record. But I won't get the rights to do that because Warner controls it, and they're Warner.

So yeah, the original Power Rangers theme is never coming. Because masters don't exist.
  • tepidsharktepidshark Rising Star
    edited September 2011
    You may want to add at least part of Who's Next. That is why we didn't ever end up getting the full album.

Also, have the masters for the Paranoid album ever been confirmed not to exist.

I can't find a source, but I seem to remember reading somewhere about a deluxe edition of Paranoid remastered from the original masters. (I believe it was on Ultimate Guitar but I can't seem to find it now)
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    tepidshark;4488756 said:

Also, have the masters for the Paranoid album ever been confirmed not to exist.

I can't find a source, but I seem to remember reading somewhere about a deluxe edition of Paranoid remastered from the original masters. (I believe it was on Ultimate Guitar but I can't seem to find it now)

Isn't this the remastered album you are referring to? it was released a couple of years back.

http://www.amazon.com/Paranoid-CD-DVD-Black-Sabbath/dp/B001D2AYCI/ref=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1314872287&sr=1-2

The majority of the reviews are saying how good this remaster is compared to previous ones. Only way they can improve a remaster IS to go back to the original masters. So, either they STILL exist, or were destroyed/gone missing AFTER this was pressed.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    V8VANTAGE;4488821 said:
    Isn't this the remastered album you are referring to? it was released a couple of years back.

And since it was just 2009, that improves the chances that it was remastered digitally, which improves the chances that a digital backup of the masters exists. Any studio with good versioning/data security processes would make backups. So even if the original masters indeed no longer exist, the masters may still exist.