RBN DLC Discussion: 9/1/2011 (Xbox), 9/6/2011 (PS3)

HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
edited September 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Xbox 360 RBN Releases for Thursday, 9/1/2011

Alternative
One Day - "Give" (160 MSP)

Blues
The Blue News - "Hitman Blues" (80 MSP)

Metal
All Shall Perish - "Spineless" (160 MSP)
All Shall Perish - "Stabbing to Purge Dissimulation (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
Amberian Dawn - "War in Heaven (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
Chaotrope - "Fading Sacrifice" (80 MSP)
Conflicted - "Victor(ia)" (160 MSP)
Eminence - "Devil's Boulevard (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
Halcyon Way - "The Age of Betrayal" (80 MSP)
Halcyon Way - "The Age of Betrayal (2x Bass Pedal)" (80 MSP)
Scum of the Earth - "Bombshell From Hell" (80 MSP)
Septicflesh - "Anubis" (160 MSP)
Septicflesh - "Anubis (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
Without Mercy - "Slit" (160 MSP)

Pop/Dance/Electronic
All City Elite - "Wake Up Fall" (160 MSP)
Askari Nari - "Genuine Penguin" (80 MSP)

Pop-Rock
Jukebox the Ghost - "So Let Us Create" (160 MSP)
Paul and Storm - "Fuzzy Man (Fuzzy Nation)" (160 MSP)

Prog
Richard Campbell - "England Rock Anthems" (80 MSP)

Rock
Damone - "Conquer Me" (160 MSP)

PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 9/6/2011 (North America) and Wednesday, 9/7/2011 (Europe)

Asking Alexandria - "Morte et Dabo" ($1.99) - Metal
LeetStreet Boys - "Expert Mode" ($0.99) - Pop-Rock
Rose of Jericho - "Midnight Eyes (RB3 version)" ($0.99) - Pop-Rock
TesseracT - "Eden" ($1.99) - Prog
Thomas Walker - "Piano Sonata No. 11 - Ronda Alla Turca (Mozart)" ($0.99) - Classical

Comments

• ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited September 2011
    Hey Lach, what happened to the three black Veil Bride tracks and Courage by AAF?

Are they being held for a special release or something?
  • bjyaritzbjyaritz Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    No Free Spirit this week:( Hopefully next week. I will have to preview these. None are familiar to me.
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited September 2011
    No words can describe how unbelievably ecstatic I am that a Chart Toppers song has finally seen a PS3 release. I would whoop, holler, twirl, and do other celebratory things right now if I wasn't in a public computer lab where I would be looked at weirdly for such things. I hope it won't be the last.

Also, very happy about the Paul and Storm song releasing. That one was fun to work on.

I'm going to need a points card or two to pick up a bunch of the other excellence that has come through RBN lately. I love this week.
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited September 2011
    bjyaritz;4489016 said:
    No Free Spirit this week:( Hopefully next week. I will have to preview these. None are familiar to me.

highly recommend fuzzy man and age of betrayal, those are the best two for this week IMO

also, i still need at least 3 breaths to hit that 39 second note tube on fuzzy man. my freakin god thats intense :)
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited September 2011
    Fuzzy man is awesome fun.
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited September 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4489008 said:
    Hey Lach, what happened to the three black Veil Bride tracks and Courage by AAF?
    Until you see a song in the store (or listed on the official Harmonix Blog as released), the song might be delayed for any number of reasons.

If you're curious about another authoring group's song, asking the authoring group is more likely to get you results than asking me.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    Arcanon;4489017 said:
    No words can describe how unbelievably ecstatic I am that a Chart Toppers song has finally seen a PS3 release. I would whoop, holler, twirl, and do other celebratory things right now if I wasn't in a public computer lab where I would be looked at weirdly for such things.

Must not be a computer science lab, anything goes in those. :P At least when I was in college.

I'm just glad we got songs releasing again after practically a whole month of delays. I did not like having so many songs in the review queue....
  • edited September 2011
    I'm kind of digging the Tesseract song, but it looks like a snoozefest on keys, so that turns it from a maybe into a no. I'll probably pick up Piano Sonata No 11, even though it'll probably kick my ass and then some. Moonlight Sonata would've been more my speed. ;)

Also, on the Xbox side of the fence I'm digging Anubis, it has a nice Arabian Nights vibe to it, just like Madness last week.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited September 2011
    Being a PS3 user..
    I'll get all but the classical piano song.. i don't keys enough.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    This week is incredible even without the Alien Ant Farm and Black Veil Brides. Glad to see "Victor(ia)" and "Conquer Me" finally released.
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited September 2011
    FairwoodStudios;4489040 said:
    Must not be a computer science lab, anything goes in those. :P At least when I was in college.
    Nah, business lab. Most exciting thing that happened here to my knowledge were the cops with assault rifles. (Long story.)

But yeah. This is one wallet-buster of a week.
  • lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    Picking up 2 songs for the PS3 this week.
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    I hate sounding like a broken record, but any news on Hangman and the other delayed PS3 tracks?
    edited September 2011
    Tykki-Teme;4489095 said:
    I hate sounding like a broken record, but any news on Hangman and the other delayed PS3 tracks?

Hangman has been released for awhile now.
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    Dangimarocker;4489098 said:
    Hangman has been released for awhile now.

Not in the EU store. Hangman and two other tracks from that week experienced some weird technical issues, which is why they're still not available for us.
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited September 2011
    Tykki-Teme;4489095 said:

Dreamchaser and Hangman were expected out this past Tuesday. I'm in touch with Sony Europe and we're trying to resolve this as quickly as possible.

Pressure Cooker is experiencing a longer delay, and I don't have a projected release date for it.
  • LunaticSoulLunaticSoul Rising Star
    edited September 2011
    Yay, another one down from my list! :D.. TesseracT!
    edited September 2011
    Can anyone who got "Victor(ia)" tell me if it has a BRE? Don't have access to my console at the moment, and I am curious.
  • BathTubBathTub Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    Probably just Paul & Storm this week.
  • edited September 2011
    DragoonXD;4489299 said:
    Can anyone who got "Victor(ia)" tell me if it has a BRE? Don't have access to my console at the moment, and I am curious.

Yeah there's a BRE. The stuff under it is pretty nuts, though. :P
    edited September 2011
    I was sorta hoping there wasn't one, since it's pretty easy to tell what's going on there (even if it is crazy). Oh well.
  • SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    edited September 2011
    All Shall Perish - "Stabbing to Purge Dissimulation (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)

This is the most difficult drum chart I have ever played. Should be tier 7 (Are you Knucking Futs)

Chaotrope - "Fading Sacrifice" (80 MSP)

The funnest drum chart to play this week for me. Just pure awesome sauce all the way through.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited September 2011
    Less than thrilled that the Damone song is $2 and not $1...
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    HeyRiles;4489485 said:
    Less than thrilled that the Damone song is $2 and not $1...

And funny thing, I was expecting Bombshell from Hell to be 2 bucks. But it's only 1! Bought that s*** fast. Thanks TAG!

And Paul and Storm and Anubis are my other favorites this week. The Askari Nari track is really good too. The England Rock Anthems song is simply too cool. "England!".
    edited September 2011
    Tykki-Teme;4489119 said:
    Not in the EU store. Hangman and two other tracks from that week experienced some weird technical issues, which is why they're still not available for us.

Oh didn't know you were EU... had no clue from the post.
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited September 2011

Pretty good week for me. I love The Hitman Blues & England Rock Anthems.

The only thing that was annoying was the Septicflesh song. I play the demo and it has no vocals, and decent instruments, and I listen to the sample and it has clean vocals and what sounds like decent harmony. But most of the song is growly vocals (which I can"t stand) - So I don't really feel like the two in game previews accurately represented the song. I know I can go elsewhere to check, so it's my own fault for not doing full research, but that was a disappointment. I've bought 2 or 3 songs before like that... but out of the 600+ RBN tracks I have that isn't really that bad a track record. :)
    edited September 2011
    Lord_Mhoram;4490907 said:

Pretty good week for me. I love The Hitman Blues & England Rock Anthems.

The only thing that was annoying was the Septicflesh song. I play the demo and it has no vocals, and decent instruments, and I listen to the sample and it has clean vocals and what sounds like decent harmony. But most of the song is growly vocals (which I can"t stand) - So I don't really feel like the two in game previews accurately represented the song. I know I can go elsewhere to check, so it's my own fault for not doing full research, but that was a disappointment. I've bought 2 or 3 songs before like that... but out of the 600+ RBN tracks I have that isn't really that bad a track record. :)

Trust me.. i've bought more than enough that suck LOL.
    Im a ps3 user but i buy them so we keep getting them.. just love that the RBN brings some really good tracks over... some not so good (as i mentioned)
  • BrodieMikeBrodieMike Unsigned
    edited September 2011
    I'm just waiting for Megalodon on the PS3
  • RycheMaidenPS3RycheMaidenPS3 Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    I grabbed the Mozart track that was ported over to PS3. Mastered all of it except for the "solo" section. It is FREAKING IMPOSSIBLE!!!