rbn 1.0 question

harielhariel Unsigned
edited September 2011 in The Rock Band Network
i know i might get flamed for asking this, since there is already a lot of good rbn 2.0 songs being brought over to the ps3 each week, but since it will take a retooling of the network to get any more 1.0 songs, is there any way that there could be a collection of some of the ones we ps3 users missed, released on disc to add to our systems, like the country, and metal track packs that have been released for the ps2, or is this a licencing and cost issue?

Comments

• TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    The licensing to do that would be absolutely ridiculous. So no.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited September 2011
    hariel;4489391 said:
    i know i might get flamed for asking this, since there is already a lot of good rbn 2.0 songs being brought over to the ps3 each week, but since it will take a retooling of the network to get any more 1.0 songs, is there any way that there could be a collection of some of the ones we ps3 users missed, released on disc to add to our systems, like the country, and metal track packs that have been released for the ps2, or is this a licencing and cost issue?

I'm guessing, with licensing and technological issues, I don't think this will happen.

But it'd be neat to see, even for those who don't have PSN or Xbox Live (or online Wii access).
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    It'd probably be easier for HMX to buy all the PS3 players a 360. Neither of which will happen.
  • harielhariel Unsigned
    edited September 2011
    hopefully some time in the future the license issue will make it so we can get them, is a shame that the system wasn't done more openly so everyone could get the songs, and not just those who chose one system or another. not gonna say i am a ps3 fanboy, but even if they offered me a 360, it wouldn't get touched.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited September 2011
    I asked HMX what the possibility was of say one authoring company putting their tracks onto a disc. Yeah it limits the tracks, but there isn't multiple licensing from multiple authoring groups so it might be more feasible.

I was told it costs millions to create, manufacture, distribute and advertise just a single disc release so there is no way this would ever happen.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited September 2011
    Track packs with big bands haven't done so hot. A track pack with the unported songs (IE, songs that didn't sell well on the 360 to begin with or HMX deemed not worth bringing) would be a good way to lose money.
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4489459 said:
    I asked HMX what the possibility was of say one authoring company putting their tracks onto a disc. Yeah it limits the tracks, but there isn't multiple licensing from multiple authoring groups so it might be more feasible.

I was told it costs millions to create, manufacture, distribute and advertise just a single disc release so there is no way this would ever happen.

This would be important for people to know when they want HMX to release new disc versions of the actual game.
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited September 2011
    hariel;4489445 said:
    hopefully some time in the future the license issue will make it so we can get them, is a shame that the system wasn't done more openly so everyone could get the songs, and not just those who chose one system or another.
    In an ideal consumer world, all games and DLC would be available on all three platforms. I completely understand where you're coming from. (Personally, I wish I could play the new Super Mario Brothers on my Xbox.)

However, the RBN was developed on (and is completely dependent upon) Microsoft's technology and infrastructure. Without Microsoft, the RBN wouldn't exist at all - RBN songs are effectively native to Microsoft.