RBN DLC for 09/08

atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
edited September 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Discuss songs that will be coming out next Thursday (09/08)

New releases will be posted with links to their song page on rbnstuff.com which contains buy links, preview videos, prices, and authors.

Full list here.

Last week's releases here.

Comments

  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    atalkingfish;4489780 said:
    Would you guys like me to keep track of PS3 releases as well? I haven't really made an effort to do that yet, but no one's really requested it, either.

    EDIT: Also, I downloaded the trial of Stellar Crash and am contemplating buying it. Has anyone bought the whole thing who can tell me what the keys chart is like? I can't find a playthrough video, the trial makes it seem kinda boring, but the tiers say it's Tier 5, so I'm not sure what to think.
    It sounds like the keys follow the guitar quite a bit later in the song.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited September 2011
    New Song:
    "Space Unicorn" by Parry Gripp
    Here is the preview video, as the song page is not up yet. Seems like a classic Gripp song.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited September 2011
    Are the Alien Ant Farm or Black Veil Brides songs finally going to come out?
  • edited September 2011
    atalkingfish;4490105 said:
    New Song:
    "Space Unicorn" by Parry Gripp
    Here is the preview video, as the song page is not up yet. Seems like a classic Gripp song.

    I think i'm done buying Parry Gripp songs. They always seem funny at first but after playing them twice they are the most annoying things ever and i don't want to hear any of them ever again.
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited September 2011
    MagicMurderBag7;4490144 said:
    I think i'm done buying Parry Gripp songs. They always seem funny at first but after playing them twice they are the most annoying things ever and i don't want to hear any of them ever again.

    That's pretty much how it is with every novelty song for me. Though I always thought "Space Unicorn" was awful.
  • edited September 2011
    FlyGuyLXI;4490193 said:
    That's pretty much how it is with every novelty song for me. Though I always thought "Space Unicorn" was awful.

    I can listen to/play Paul & Storm, Jonathan Coulton, and Flight of the Conchords a million times and it never gets old. Its just the Parry Gripp songs that i can't play anymore.

    (although i don't classify Paul & Storm, Jonathan Coulton, or Flight of the Conchords as novelty, just funny alt/pop rock)
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited September 2011
    I bought Space Unicorn since it was especially musically good imo, I bought spaghetti cat a while back. Those are the only Gripp songs I've bought.
  • Burntoutat22Burntoutat22 Opening Act
    edited September 2011
    Asking Alexandria "A Prophecy" RB3 Version is showing up at RBNreleases.com
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited September 2011
    Burntoutat22;4490363 said:
    Asking Alexandria "A Prophecy" RB3 Version is showing up at RBNreleases.com

    Yup, it's been up on the site
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited September 2011
    atalkingfish;4490362 said:
    I bought Space Unicorn since it was especially musically good imo, I bought spaghetti cat a while back. Those are the only Gripp songs I've bought.

    Girl at the video game store is pretty good, and the closest to an actual 'song' that they've released.

    It's RBN1.0 so no harms or keys, but it's a decent track IMO.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited September 2011
    atalkingfish;4489780 said:
    Would you guys like me to keep track of PS3 releases as well? I haven't really made an effort to do that yet, but no one's really requested it, either.

    EDIT: Also, I downloaded the trial of Stellar Crash and am contemplating buying it. Has anyone bought the whole thing who can tell me what the keys chart is like? I can't find a playthrough video, the trial makes it seem kinda boring, but the tiers say it's Tier 5, so I'm not sure what to think.

    I'd appreciate it if you announced them each week when things are announced. The only thread that really humors the PS3ers here is the request thread. It's nice to have a place to look and get excited about what we're getting. (I mostly follow these threads so I can add stuff to my want list).
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited September 2011
    MagicMurderBag7;4490144 said:
    I think i'm done buying Parry Gripp songs. They always seem funny at first but after playing them twice they are the most annoying things ever and i don't want to hear any of them ever again.

    My granddaughter loves them. I think Spaghetti Cat is nearing my most played song, mostly because it's 90 seconds that she gets a huge thrill out of and then I can mostly play what I want in peace.

    And for $.99, if I only get 2-3 playthoughts (Guitar/bass/drums), that's fine for me if it's fun. Besides, some of them are fun to sing. And Girl at the Video Game Store was at least a full song.

    That said, I prefer them to at least be fun to listen to. Not sure if Space Unicorn qualifies for me.
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    Space Unicorn was rather good, I'd buy it if they ported it for PS3.

    That said, I'm not into all Parry Gripp songs. Personally I really like Nom Nom Nom and Girl at The Video Game Store, don't like Spaghetti Cat and absolutely can't stand Last Train To Awesometown.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited September 2011
    Bront20;4490384 said:
    I'd appreciate it if you announced them each week when things are announced. The only thread that really humors the PS3ers here is the request thread. It's nice to have a place to look and get excited about what we're getting. (I mostly follow these threads so I can add stuff to my want list).

    Yeah, the only problem is that I really don't have a thread when they're announced. This thread gets kinda taken over by the official announcement and I don't make a new one until the next RBN song comes out.

    I mean, I was pretty successful in overtaking the RBN2 Releases thread, but I don't think I can conquer something by an official HMX employee xD
  • edited September 2011
    Girl At the Video Game Store is the only one that i play anymore (and it could use a 2.0 overhaul) but Nom, Last Train, and Spaghetti Cat just annoy me. Its not that i don't like them its that i can't stand them anymore.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    Afraid we have to pull Constellation, there's a barely-audible kick that got noticed when we put up the video.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    FairwoodStudios;4490681 said:
    Afraid we have to pull Constellation, there's a barely-audible kick that got noticed when we put up the video.
    :(

    Oh well, will buy it again.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    DragoonXD;4490682 said:
    :(

    Oh well, will buy it again.

    Check your PMs.
  • SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    edited September 2011
    I bought Costellation as well. Posted a Pro Drum score for the song.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    SideshowN;4490729 said:
    I bought Costellation as well. Posted a Pro Drum score for the song.

    Honest question, did you notice the missing hit? Not going to change the re-uploading, just curious.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    I play on drums as well, and didn't notice it.
  • PeridotWeaponPeridotWeapon Opening Act
    edited September 2011
    FairwoodStudios;4490741 said:
    Honest question, did you notice the missing hit? Not going to change the re-uploading, just curious.
    Likewise, I played through it once on standard drums and didn't notice the missing hit.

    Given some of the faux pas that end up in "officially released" RBN songs that never get repaired, I'd be surprised if the majority of the players would even notice it.
  • SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    edited September 2011
    I played the song once and didnt notice anything but I'll look for it now that its brought to my attention.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited September 2011
    We got two random songs just now.
    "He's Our Savior" and "OH-KAY!"
    Links and previews on the upcoming songs page: http://rbnstuff.com/music/upcoming
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    atalkingfish;4491100 said:
    We got two random songs just now.
    "He's Our Savior" and "OH-KAY!"
    Links and previews on the upcoming songs page: http://rbnstuff.com/music/upcoming

    There's a 2x version of "He's Our Savior" which may hit in time for this week as well. "OH-KAY!" is sorta mellow hip-hop (from RhythmAuthors, for the site credit). Neither of them have guitar, coincidentally.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited September 2011
    We also got the RB3 version of "Ramp Truck" by Freen in Green
    Links: http://rbnstuff.com/music/upcoming
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    atalkingfish;4491210 said:
    We also got the RB3 version of "Ramp Truck" by Freen in Green
    Links: http://rbnstuff.com/music/upcoming

    I had completely forgotten this song was being re-released. I begged for HMX to release the RBN1 version for a long time, but they never did :( Hope this version makes it over to us.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited September 2011
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited September 2011
    atalkingfish;4490465 said:
    Yeah, the only problem is that I really don't have a thread when they're announced. This thread gets kinda taken over by the official announcement and I don't make a new one until the next RBN song comes out.

    I mean, I was pretty successful in overtaking the RBN2 Releases thread, but I don't think I can conquer something by an official HMX employee xD

    Yes, but it's still a place us PS3ers can talk about it, which is nice.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    Queen Bee may've been like a bad Lady Gaga song, but this Forbidden City sounds pretty damn good.
Sign In or Register to comment.