No RBN in The Netherlands?

Don DivineDon Divine Unsigned
edited September 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Hey guys,

This might be asked previously but i cant find any help at all.

I live in The Netherlands and i can't download anything from the RBN only the normal store.

I have rock band 3 for the Xbox360 and i thought we had permission to the DLC in the RBN here in the netherlands?

If so how can i acces it now there stands Currently Unavaiable behind the RBN songs.

Cheers,

Don Divine,,

Comments

• PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    Microsoft's XNA infrastructure isn't available in the Netherlands, and the RBN is based on those tools.

You won't be able to get Indie games from the marketplace because of the same reason.
  • CloudWolfCloudWolf Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    Yeah, it's really a shame we can't get RBN songs. Although you can easily fix this by creating an English, American, German or French Xbox account and buying Microsoft Points for those accounts.

Pro tip: If you make an American Xbox account, you can get Micorsoft Points way cheaper by buying them directly from the Xbox site, since the prices will be in Dollar.
  • Don DivineDon Divine Unsigned
    edited September 2011
    Thx for the responses too bad i got over 200 songs from DLC and making a new acc means losing that content so i'll stick to the normal store and hope they dont be so annoying and just give the Netherlands the RBN.

Cheers,
    Dondivine,
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    If you want access to RBN (and thus XBLIG), then you should contact appropriate representatives in your government and encourage them to create internet commerce laws more friendly to the XNA platform.

HMX has no control over where RBN content is available and MS only provides the rest when local laws are set up to allow it.
  • edited September 2011
    In the Netherlands it's mostly licensing laws that are an absolute nightmare for just about any medium, both physical and digital. If anything's a big hurdle for XNA here, it'll be that.
  • cracktacklecracktackle Unsigned
    edited September 2011
    CloudWolf;4489900 said:
    Yeah, it's really a shame we can't get RBN songs. Although you can easily fix this by creating an English, American, German or French Xbox account and buying Microsoft Points for those accounts.

Pro tip: If you make an American Xbox account, you can get Micorsoft Points way cheaper by buying them directly from the Xbox site, since the prices will be in Dollar.

FALSE! You can buy tracks on a new account and still play dlc bought under your old account, it doesn't even have to be signed in. I'm Dutch myself, I know this as a fact! I still use my Dutch account to play on, buy new stuff on the american account, cheaper points :)
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited September 2011
    cracktackle;4492987 said:
    FALSE! You can buy tracks on a new account and still play dlc bought under your old account, it doesn't even have to be signed in. I'm Dutch myself, I know this as a fact! I still use my Dutch account to play on, buy new stuff on the american account, cheaper points :)
    False? He never said you couldn't play them, nor did he suggest buying them on your 'local' profile(as that obviously is impossible).
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited September 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4492998 said:
    False? He never said you couldn't play them, nor did he suggest buying them on your 'local' profile(as that obviously is impossible).

I think he quoted the wrong post. Read it like this and it makes sense:
    Don Divine;4490226 said:
    Thx for the responses too bad i got over 200 songs from DLC and making a new acc means losing that content so i'll stick to the normal store and hope they dont be so annoying and just give the Netherlands the RBN.

Cheers,
    Dondivine,
    cracktackle;4492987 said:
  • CloudWolfCloudWolf Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    EDIT: Nevermind, I can see people already cleared that up