09-09-11 : TB:RB 2nd Birthday - Online quickplay day!

BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
edited September 2011 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Last year I posted this thread to try and get as many people playing TB:RB on the birthday of its release, and I believe it was a mild success. So I would like to do it again. :)

So, to quote myself from last year...
Blasteroids;3992758 said:
It will also show to HMX that there is still plenty of positive interest in this game by the community.

So message your friends lists, whatever the console, whatever the instrument....

And in the end, the love you take
Is equal to the love you make.

Lets make it full of love on this joyous day!
And let them know that HMX may have something TB:RB related to make it that little bit extra special on this birthday...
hmxhenry;4457222 said:
We are thinking about what we could do as a small thank you to the community that remains so invested in TB:RB. We've talked about looking into showing off early production art, sharing stories from team members that met with Paul, Ringo, Yoko, etc, posting photos from our trips to Abbey Road, something along those lines. There's a lot of background work that went into making the game and if the community is interested in hearing more about the process we'd love to look into sharing it.
You say it's your birthday
We're gonna have a good time
I'm glad it's your birthday
Happy birthday to you. :D

-- UPDATE 09/09/11 --
hmxhenry;4493691 said:
we will have an awesome item to giveaway to one lucky TB:RB fan tomorrow and I've been curating photos from our trip to Abbey Road Studios, shots of the launch day thank you present Apples organized and I'll make sure I'm available to share some stories and answer questions about working on the game. 9/9 is a great anniversary and it means a lot to see so many people excited for it!
(Copied this from announcement forum because I feel most people only see the RB DLC thread)
HMXcj said:
Happy Birthday to The Beatles: Rock Band! - Twitter Giveaway rules

To celebrate the second birthday of The Beatles: Rock Band, released on 9/9/09, we're giving away an exclusive Xbox 360 Limited Edition The Beatles: Rock Band bundle signed by the Harmonix staff. To enter for your chance to win, follow @RockBand on Twitter and post a tweet with the hashtag #HappyBirthdayTBRB. We'll pick one lucky winner at 5pm today!

Check out the official rules below.

-HMXcj
Competition Rules Here

Comments

• CheeseLordCheeseLord Opening Act
    edited September 2011
    I'll be there!;)
  • HubCAp_HubCAp_ Unsigned
    edited September 2011
    Hopefully this will bring in more people who have DLC so I can actually play 3-4 player DLC
  • Sargehalo51Sargehalo51 Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    I'll be playing for sure! Just hope I find some fellow players with the DLC that we already have!!!
  • caflagelcaflagel Opening Act
    edited September 2011
    I'll likely be playing on the 9th as well. I have all the DLC, I just hope I can find other members of the Beatles community who do. Peace and Love! And hopefully this game will be expanded upon. DLC!
  • StarmanStarman Unsigned
    edited September 2011
    Happy birthday TBRB. See you there!
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited September 2011
    I'll be on! I'm only a poseur though since I don't have any of the DLC for it.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited September 2011
    I'll be there. I've got all of the DLC. So that's good, I guess.
  • kitlerckitlerc Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    I'll try to be on. I also have all the DLC.
  • YesguyYesguy Opening Act
    edited September 2011
    I'll play if I have time, and I have all the DLC.
  • nascarfan19nascarfan19 Headliner
    edited September 2011
    I'll be there with all DLC. You Know My Username (Look Up The Gamertag)
  • edited September 2011
    It's awesome to see you guys planning an event around this! Can't wait to see discussion tomorrow.

Just to level set expectations, we had tried to pull together more behind the scenes stuff for the anniversary, photos or art or stories, as quoted in the OP, but we weren't able to pull things together in time. We need to get approvals from all the stakeholders before sharing that stuff, and I'm sure you've heard us say in describing our previous dealings, things can sometimes be glacially paced. Throw in the launch of VidRhythm today and upcoming Dance Central 2 launch and it just wasn't in the cards.

That said, we will have an awesome item to giveaway to one lucky TB:RB fan tomorrow and I've been curating photos from our trip to Abbey Road Studios, shots of the launch day thank you present Apples organized and I'll make sure I'm available to share some stories and answer questions about working on the game. 9/9 is a great anniversary and it means a lot to see so many people excited for it!
    edited September 2011
    hmxhenry;4493691 said:
    That said, we will have an awesome item to giveaway to one lucky TB:RB fan tomorrow and I've been curating photos from our trip to Abbey Road Studios, shots of the launch day thank you present Apples organized and I'll make sure I'm available to share some stories and answer questions about working on the game. 9/9 is a great anniversary and it means a lot to see so many people excited for it!
    O_O Gimme gimme GIMME! :)
  • big_old_tombig_old_tom Rising Star
    edited September 2011
    Sadly, i have work tomorrow, and then right after work i am going camping for the weekend.
  • caflagelcaflagel Opening Act
    edited September 2011
    Today is the day! Happy Anniversary!
    edited September 2011
    Woo hoo! Can't wait to get on in the evening.
  • Arsenal-LadArsenal-Lad Opening Act
    edited September 2011
    Happy anniversary! Too bad that I can't access xbox live so I can't join with online multiplayer:(. But I'm gonna give it a try to work the problems out right now.

And to hmxhenry, great that you guys gives TB:RB attention today and thank you for blessing the world with the greatest game ever:D.
  • dikettedikette Opening Act
    edited September 2011
    Happy anniversary for one of the best games ever !!
    I would be glad to participate in this event!! Count me in! :D
  • intropeeintropee Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    I'll be on around 8pm est.
    I have all the dlcs
    I will be singing ( I usually play drums)
    So add me if you want to do some jammin'
    PSN Sgt_intropee
  • softguitar60softguitar60 Unsigned
    edited September 2011
    Getting on the game now. Too bad there aren't a lot of Wii players around...

This game has brought me so much closer to other people from the forums and I would like to thank HMX and The Beatles for everything!
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    hmxhenry;4493691 said:
    Just to level set expectations, we had tried to pull together more behind the scenes stuff for the anniversary, photos or art or stories, as quoted in the OP, but we weren't able to pull things together in time. We need to get approvals from all the stakeholders before sharing that stuff, and I'm sure you've heard us say in describing our previous dealings, things can sometimes be glacially paced.

TBH, I do not think any of us were expecting anything huge. Some stories and maybe a few pics at tops. The fact you have put together a small competition is fantastic, even if I cannot enter it due to location ;)

This has just reminded me about another TB:RB item. Not sure if you can answer this, IIRC the 360 T-Shirt was only for USA? Any chance of opening up that avatar item for the rest of the world now? Would be nice to own :)
  • ludist210ludist210 Opening Act
    edited September 2011
    Oh I'll be on in about an hour or so, and some tonight. I need some help getting the full-band trophies, the sixty seconds of Beatlemania, and gold stars on "I Feel Fine". I swear that song gives me more problems...
  • JerkinatorJerkinator Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    I'll try and get on tonight for a while. All DLC.

Also, if you still like to play this game a lot (and RB3 too) add me on XBox, my gamertag is Aims2Misbehave. Never have a band to run with, and open to playing any instrument (expert level guitar/bass, mostly expert drums, hard vocals)
  • HubCAp_HubCAp_ Unsigned
    edited September 2011
    ill be on all day. I have all DLC. On ps3. I play expert drum. PSN is hubcap_
  • Sargehalo51Sargehalo51 Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    I'm stuck working until 11pm (Eastern Time U.S.) but once I am home I will be online playing in honor of this great game (gamertag - Deuce Meh xbox live)
    edited September 2011
    Anyone on? I'm booting it up now on my xbox. GT: kitlerc
    edited September 2011
    I should probably add that it will only be bass/guitar for me today, no room to set up my drums and I can't sing to save my life.
  • Happy29Happy29 Opening Act
    edited September 2011
    I plan to play on Wii later tonight.
  • SeattleSauveSeattleSauve Rising Star
    edited September 2011
    I might boot up TB:RB tonight too - it's been a long time since I've played it. Will probably just play local though since I don't actually have much DLC for the Beatles disc (lots of RB3 DLC, just not much Beatles DLC).
    edited September 2011
    I'll be on for the next few hours swapping instruments. GT below.
  • beatlesfan99beatlesfan99 Rising Star
    edited September 2011
    kitlerc;4494420 said:
    I should probably add that it will only be bass/guitar for me today, no room to set up my drums and I can't sing to save my life.

Nice pun... I didn't even recognize your name but I played with you. My GT was abbey roadadict.