Official Discussion - DLC Week of 9/20 - Nirvana 4 Pack & 10 Nirvana Pro Upgrades!

Comments

• kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited September 2011
    Cool pack, will get it.
  • JglaubmanJglaubman Headliner
    edited September 2011
    Been listening to a lot of In Utero recently, so this is awesome.
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    I already have all the Nirvana I wanted, and I don't play pro. Big skip week for me.

Happy for those who want it, I'm sure it will be huge - especially for pro.
  • Ryder35Ryder35 Rising Star
    edited September 2011
    Fantastic stuff HMX thanks for the pro upgrades and you picked the right one of the new songs to upgrade as well. Buying the lot!
  • Pointblank41Pointblank41 Rising Star
    edited September 2011
    Absolutely EPIC week. Now I know why we were only getting 1 or 2 upgrades a week for the longest time, you guys were charting your brains out on legacy songs :-D

Finally, some Legacy Upgrades!

Will be getting all new songs and all upgrades and will be ope to becoming the Official Harmonix Sex Slave after this week
  • HairyManHairyMan Always Rock On The Bright Side Of Life
    edited September 2011
    I never thought we'd ever get "Rape Me" due to all the heavy editing that is going to be needed. Can't wait to read all of the whiny posts complaining about the censoring. Haven't read one of those in a while. lol. :)
  • dikettedikette Opening Act
    edited September 2011
    Nice week i must say! A bunch of great pro upgrades. Sadly i don't play Pro yet, but when i go for pro, for sure a lot of those i will buy it.

Getting Heart-Shaped Box at least. Those other tracks i don't like too much, so maybe later on after getting everything that i have to catch up... :)
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited September 2011
    HairyMan;4499595 said:
    I never thought we'd ever get "Rape Me" due to all the heavy editing that is going to be needed. Can't wait to read all of the whiny posts complaining about the censoring. Haven't read one of those in a while. lol. :)

I don't think it'll be edited.
  • big_old_tombig_old_tom Rising Star
    edited September 2011
    Months ago in the USL forum, there was a topic about songs you want but will probably never be in the game. My choice was Rape Me. I'm glad i was wrong. I will be buying the whole the pack. No pro stuff, as i don't have anything to play them with.
  • PlutarchPlutarch Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    Yeah, if the title's not censored I don't expect the rest of the song will be.
  • HairyManHairyMan Always Rock On The Bright Side Of Life
    edited September 2011
    dog037;4499597 said:

Yup. My bad. For some reason, my brain mixed "She Hates Me" and "Rape Me" into one song. :p
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited September 2011
    dog037;4499597 said:

Agreed. I can't imagine they would edit a word in the song if the same word is in the title.
  • robbieconrobbiecon Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    Doc_SoCal;4499582 said:
    A Pile of Pro upgrades from the Pacific Northwest.

:P

Buying it all for sure.

Ah, I see!
  • CHampDudeCHampDude Opening Act
    edited September 2011
    All Apologies...Definitely...
  • elfreakoelfreako Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    HairyMan;4499595 said:

Forgive my ignorance, but what's to edit in Rape Me???
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    10 tracks from the same band getting upgrades on the same week? I bet no one could see that coming. I'll be getting upgrades for all of the songs I have (I own 4 of them). I don't know any of the new tracks, so I'll have to listen to them.
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited September 2011
    Oh joy, more Nirvana.

Nothing, once again.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited September 2011
    Beethoven's R***
  • YingaGartenYingaGarten Unsigned
    edited September 2011
    Good week, I'll get Heart-Shaped Box. Can't see any more Nirvana DLC happening now.
    edited September 2011
    They should have RB3 versions of Drain You and In Bloom just so we can have a full album with pro guitar.
  • mmetznermmetzner Opening Act
    edited September 2011
    YingaGarten;4499608 said:
    Good week, I'll get Heart-Shaped Box. Can't see any more Nirvana DLC happening now.

That's all the big hits done now, but if they come back in a years time offering Dumb, Serve the Servants, , Frances Farmer and Tourettes I'd still totally buy it.
  • Doom878Doom878 Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    This just in there will be a giveaway including DLC. Of course 360 only. Per Twitter of course.

Epic week for me as I'll get the pack and maybe check out the Mastadon song. Blood and Thunder is growing on me over at GH:M.

I think we got all the pro tracks because of Rocksmith coming out. They have SLTS so you all know RB was going to counterfire. Let the competition begin!
  • kitlerckitlerc Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    Not sure what I will get this week. Will wait for previews.

I may get Heart Shaped Box for GH2 nostalgia, but I think I've outgrown how easy it is... Then again I just bought "Hey" from the RBN. And if I ever actually pick up my pro guitar again, Heart Shaped Box might be a good song to help me ease into it.
  • MithrasMithras Opening Act
    edited September 2011
    This is gonna be an expensive week. Especially with the great tracks the RBN is coming out with.
  • xtodd007xtodd007 Opening Act
    edited September 2011
    Plutarch;4499599 said:
    Yeah, if the title's not censored I don't expect the rest of the song will be.

Not that this really matters, but the song isn't literally talking about raping him anyway. It's referring to rock journalists destroying him in the mags at the time. If you think about it that way it isn't nearly as offensive. Still doesn't change the word and anybody who doesn't know the history could be offended I guess.
  • PlutarchPlutarch Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    xtodd007;4499616 said:
    Not that this really matters, but the song isn't literally talking about raping him anyway. It's referring to rock journalists destroying him in the mags at the time. If you think about it that way it isn't nearly as offensive. Still doesn't change the word and anybody who doesn't know the history could be offended I guess.

I know what it's about, but context isn't always taken into account in these situations. Wal-Mart didn't care about the actual lyrics when it first came out, they saw the title and that was enough. "Rape" isn't treated as an "official" curse word, but it is a really troublesome one and I could see a scenario where the song was censored in Rock Band despite the context. Thankfully, HMX took the intellectually honest approach.
    edited September 2011
    I thought they would rather just not use the song than censor it.
  • QuaszarQuaszar Opening Act
    edited September 2011
    Glad it was this band from Seattle than that other band the "so called experts" on here predicted we would get this week for DLC. Getting the 3 from 'In Utero'. This week makes up for the crap we got the last 2 weeks....
  • rab39rab39 Rising Star
    edited September 2011
    Awesome pack... and "You Know I'm Right" actually is one of the most fun songs to play in Guitar Hero, in my opinion.

What won't be fun is reading more silly comments about how they're shocked the title isn't edited. How long before a 4chan troll opens up a thread complaining about Harmonix not caring about kids?

Um, the word is offensive when 12 year olds use it out of context. Walmart didn't censor the song...they just made the label change the CD package so it said "Waif Me" which is even more offensive and made them look stupider.
  • Doom878Doom878 Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    My bad Breed is in RS, not SLTS. But now HMX has a ton of pro versus them.