RBN DLC Discussion: 9/15/2011 (Xbox), 9/120/2011 (PS3)

HMXMister_GameHMXMister_Game Harmonix Developer
edited September 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Store Update: September 15th, 2011

Xbox 360 RBN Releases for Thursday, 9/15/2011

Blues
The Blue News - Just a Game (80 MSP)

Indie Rock
Honest Bob and the Factory-to-Dealer Incentives - "Hey" (80 MSP)

Metal
Arch Enemy - "Nemesis" (160 MSP)
Underoath - "In Division" (160 MSP)
Ghost Brigade – “Into the Black Light” (160 MSP)

Pop-Rock
Go Radio - "Any Other Heart" (160 MSP)

Prog
Order of Voices - "Reaching Down" (80 MSP)
Rishloo - "Downhill" (80 MSP)

Punk
Kamikaze - "Dig Your Grave" (80 MSP)

Rock
Yesternight's Decision – “A Sickness You Like” (80 MSP)
Alien Ant Farm – “Movies” (160 MSP)
Alien Ant Farm – “Courage” (160 MSP)

PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 9/20/2011 (North America) and Wednesday, 9/21/2011 (Europe)

Circa Survive - "The Difference Between Medicine and Poison is in the Dose" ($1.99) - Alternative
Closure In Moscow - "Sweet#hart" ($1.99) - Prog
Mastodon - "Megalodon" ($1.99) - Metal
Memphis May Fire - "Be Careful What You Wish For" ($1.99) - Metal
Ultra Saturday - "Dawn of the Condoms" ($0.99) - Punk

Comments

• RM-225RM-225 Rising Star
    edited September 2011
    "Nemesis" by Arch Enemy is not showing up in the store correctly. You can't even download a demo, let alone the full song.
  • HMXMister_GameHMXMister_Game Harmonix Developer
    edited September 2011
    DragoonXD;4498820 said:
    "Megalodon" is not prog...

Corrected. Thank you.
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited September 2011
    this is the highest percentage of tracks i've bought in a week from the RB, at 10/12 songs.. o.O
  • edited September 2011
    One song with keys??????

Oh well i'm out of points anyway.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    Very good week of releases! More Blues is always a good thing :)

Probably purchase 2, maybe 3 or even 4 this week. :cool:
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited September 2011
    Movies was an 'oh that song' moment. If Underoath, Arch Enemy, and Movies weren't $2 each I would've picked up all three, but since they all are I'll pass for now

On the fence about Honest Bob
  • edited September 2011
    Odin Force;4498832 said:
    Not really into Metal (and I guess Prog?) so it looks like this is my first PS3 complete pass week from RBN in a while...

Since the only keys song is a pop-punk song (which really, really isn't my thing), it's a full pass for me as well... but hey, I still have Arctica from last week to be excited about.

Have to admit the Xbox week isn't really my thing either, although I do like that Ghost Brigade song a lot, it sounds a lot like Katatonia. I'll pick that up for sure if it gets a PS3 release.
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited September 2011
    favorites are into the blacklight and downhill.. so much awesome. there's just so much this week...

also, unlike the other rishloo songs, this one has keys!
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    Der_Lex;4498963 said:
    Since the only keys song is a pop-punk song (which really, really isn't my thing), it's a full pass for me as well... but hey, I still have Arctica from last week to be excited about.
    In case you or others are unaware, though it is a pop-punk song, the keys are very fun, and quite difficult.
  • wesjett08wesjett08 Rising Star
    edited September 2011
    Der_Lex;4498963 said:
    Since the only keys song is a pop-punk song (which really, really isn't my thing)
    :(
    DragoonXD said:

In case you or others are unaware, though it is a pop-punk song, the keys are very fun, and quite difficult.
    :D

We're just happy to add another one to our "Finally able to play our own songs" list. Big thanks to those who purchased the song on the 360 and / or requested it for the PS3!
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited September 2011
    wesjett08;4499040 said:
    :( <--- This is my face right now

:D

We're just happy to add another one to our "Finally able to play our own songs" list. Big thanks to those who purchased the song on the 360 and / or requested it for the PS3!</div>

I love your guy's music <3
    And Dawn is just too AWESOME to pass up.
    It's better than Rock Band's Official DLC this week.
    edited September 2011
    Thanks a lot man, We love hearing that people actually like our stuff ... It confuses us and makes us happy every time :p
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    Loving the Ghost Brigade song. It's not exactly what I would call metal, and I found it pretty fun on drums. For those who generally skip all Metal songs, check this out one first : http://youtu.be/LWxm9ApSHEE

It is now the only Metal song I have from RBN. So I can no longer say I avoid all Metal tracks ;(
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited September 2011
    I can't wait until the 120th of September for everything to be released! :p
    edited September 2011
    Blasteroids;4499076 said:
    Loving the Ghost Brigade song. It's not exactly what I would call metal, and I found it pretty fun on drums. For those who generally skip all Metal songs, check this out one first : http://youtu.be/LWxm9ApSHEE

It is now the only Metal song I have from RBN. So I can no longer say I avoid all Metal tracks ;(
    One of my favorite RBN songs. There's a reason I bought it all 3 times.

They do have a number of much heavier songs. "Into the Black Light" is the only non-instrumental song on Isolation Songs without screamed vocals.
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    DragoonXD;4499023 said:

Now, now... Der_Lex gets it. Just because he has an irrational hate of any form of music with the word 'pop' added to it doesn't mean he deserves such a harsh lecture.

Needlelanders already have enough to worry about.
    edited September 2011
    Punk music of any kind, hardcore to pop, typically doesn't have keys. Not trying to lecture, just inform those who may make an assumption based on the genre.
    edited September 2011
    DragoonXD;4499118 said:
    Punk music of any kind, hardcore to pop, typically doesn't have keys.

I suppose that makes us electropunk? :p ...

I have to say it surprises me when people talk about the keyboard parts to our songs. They were literally a last minute addition. The keyboard part to DOTC didn't even exist until mid way through playtesting. We felt the song looked out of place with no keyboard so we added it into the RB mix, then liked it so much we put it on the cd as well. We're all huge RB fans so when HMX announced the keyboard we decided we needed keyboard too ... Little did we know our keyboard parts would turn out to be some of the most fun parts of our songs :cool:
  • edited September 2011
    wesjett08;4499150 said:
    I suppose that makes us electropunk? :p ...

I have to say it surprises me when people talk about the keyboard parts to our songs. They were literally a last minute addition. The keyboard part to DOTC didn't even exist until mid way through playtesting. We felt the song looked out of place with no keyboard so we added it into the RB mix, then liked it so much we put it on the cd as well. We're all huge RB fans so when HMX announced the keyboard we decided we needed keyboard too ... Little did we know our keyboard parts would turn out to be some of the most fun parts of our songs :cool:
    I LOVE the intro to Zombies!!! and DOTC has one of the craziest key solos in the game.

I can't wait for you guys to release more stuff on the RBN (especially the stuff that came out before that needs RB3 versions ;))
    edited September 2011
    Thanks for the love ... Although the intro to Zombies!! is basically a rip off of "Let It Be" by The Beatles, our keyboardist likes the beatles a little too much :p

More stuff is on the way I promise, We just uploaded "Little Sister" to playtesting today infact. The RB3 versions are on their way as well : )
  • queuemarkqueuemark Opening Act
    edited September 2011
    wesjett08;4499164 said:
    Thanks for the love ... Although the intro to Zombies!! is basically a rip off of "Let It Be" by The Beatles, our keyboardist likes the beatles a little too much :p

More stuff is on the way I promise, We just uploaded "Little Sister" to playtesting today infact. The RB3 versions are on their way as well : )

You guys are doing RB3 versions?! I'm glad I held off on buying your old stuff! I discovered you when Zombies came out (har). I really dug it, but when I went and listened to Dawn of the Condoms, I fell in love. That song is a freaking gem. Very fun on everything and one of my favorite songs I've heard this year.
    edited September 2011
    Thanks for the support :cool:

I suppose you could say we will be doing RB3 versions of "Superhero!", "Not My Fault" and "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" but they are actually re-records because we lost the original masters, but that's okay because the re-records all have awesome keys, harmonies and just plain sound more awesome.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited September 2011
    As soon as I get an Xbox, I'll get the tracks by Honest Bob, The Blue News and Go Radio. I'll also check out the prog tracks.
  • decyferdownrocksdecyferdownrocks Opening Act
    edited September 2011
    Downhill is a bit underwhelming compared to the other Rishloo songs drumwise. What a song though, man.
  • edited September 2011
    Santa Claustrophobia;4499113 said:
    Now, now... Der_Lex gets it. Just because he has an irrational hate of any form of music with the word 'pop' added to it doesn't mean he deserves such a harsh lecture.

Needlelanders already have enough to worry about.
    Actually, there's plenty of pop that I like. Freezepop for example. And tons of '80s stuff. It's actually the 'punk' part that I don't care for. Other than the Dead Kennedys, I'm not a punk fan at all.

I do admit that the keys chart looks pretty fun, but that doesn't help if I don't like listening to the song at all... nothing personal, wesjett, it's just not my kind of music. For what it's worth, I hope a lot of other people do pick it up, because it sounds like the kind of song a lot of RB players would enjoy if they gave it a shot.
    edited September 2011
    Der_Lex;4499235 said:
    Actually, there's plenty of pop that I like. Freezepop for example. And tons of '80s stuff. It's actually the 'punk' part that I don't care for. Other than the Dead Kennedys, I'm not a punk fan at all.

I do admit that the keys chart looks pretty fun, but that doesn't help if I don't like listening to the song at all... nothing personal, wesjett, it's just not my kind of music. For what it's worth, I hope a lot of other people do pick it up, because it sounds like the kind of song a lot of RB players would enjoy if they gave it a shot.

No hard feelings at all, I'm not a big punk guy myself. I'll do some Green Day here and there but I'm mostly a Modern Rock dude. Maybe we'll win you over with something in the future :)
  • Odin ForceOdin Force Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    Hey, I'm not complaining. There's been a long string of stuff I *like* on PS3 RBN. So 1 week off is okay by me!
  • BathTubBathTub Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    So the vocals on Movies is a bit shady?
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    The Blue News - Just a Game (80 MSP)
    Honest Bob and the Factory-to-Dealer Incentives - "Hey" (80 MSP)
    Order of Voices - "Reaching Down" (80 MSP)
    Rishloo - "Downhill" (80 MSP)
    Alien Ant Farm – “Courage” (160 MSP)

Felt like olden days in the RBN - most of the songs I liked were a buck!
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited September 2011
    jjdude1;4498819 said:
    This is the best week I've seen in a while.

For both consoles

Not the best PS3 week.
    At least for me.
    Ultra Saturday is the best for ps3 there.