Old school death metal anyone?

ShibariShibari Opening Act
edited September 2011 in The Rock Band Network
I love RBN but this is one department (other being jazz) where we are seriously lacking. All death metal in RBN is either deathcore or modern technical/melodic death metal. The only song I'd classify old school death metal is Impaled's The Last Gasp, which I love.

It could be anything, whether it was Autopsy, Death, Dismember, Interment, Cannabis Corpse, Coffins, Morbus Chron, Hooded Menace, I don't really care as it all rocks and would be very fun to play as the songs usually have more variation than just constant blasting.

And no, new Morbid Angel is not very old school.

Comments

• jjdude1jjdude1 Rising Star
    edited September 2011
    As everyone else will say, the authors don't have that kind of control when authoring songs. They get what they can get, and that's it.

I'm sure authoring groups have actually went after some of those bands, and were most likely turned down.

RBN isn't "request stuff here and watch it magically appear"
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    jjdude1;4501542 said:
    As everyone else will say, the authors don't have that kind of control when authoring songs. They get what they can get, and that's it.

I'm sure authoring groups have actually went after some of those bands, and were most likely turned down.

RBN isn't "request stuff here and watch it magically appear"

....that said, death metal is a very underground genre, so the major label blockade may have less effect here. Other things like masters condition and availability will play a part as they do with all older songs, so while it's still rather unlikely it's not a straight-up no.
  • ShibariShibari Opening Act
    edited September 2011
    I doubt major labels are a problem here, and of course I know how RBN works. I'm just asking if anyone is doing any death metal tracks or attempting to do anything about getting any, and also showing that there is a small audience for this music too and maybe encouraging some authoring groups to try get some :)
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    Shibari;4501927 said:
    I doubt major labels are a problem here, and of course I know how RBN works. I'm just asking if anyone is doing any death metal tracks or attempting to do anything about getting any, and also showing that there is a small audience for this music too and maybe encouraging some authoring groups to try get some :)

I haven't seen anything announced, but I wouldn't be surprised if groups (TAG especially, from what I've seen there) had been making attempts. Anything metal has a good chance on both consumer interest and artist interest.

Also it's Cannibal Corpse, not Cannabis Corpse, which I'm now imagining to be a reggae metal band.
  • primusumirpprimusumirp Opening Act
    edited September 2011
    I'd love to see more older death metal in RBN, especially Death, Carcass and Obituary, maybe also At the Gates and Morbid Angel.

"Classic" speed metal is pretty much an absent genre too.
  • ShibariShibari Opening Act
    edited September 2011
    FairwoodStudios;4501928 said:

Also it's Cannibal Corpse, not Cannabis Corpse, which I'm now imagining to be a reggae metal band.
    Cannabis Corpse is also a band :D and they are super awesome.