Dance for the Dying: Get your pop-rock on!

pksagepksage Unsigned
edited November 2012 in The Rock Band Network
pksage presents: Dance for the Dying!

Dance for the Dying is a badass pop-rock/post-punk outfit from Washington, DC. I don't want to drown you in marketing buzzwords, but as a personal fan of the band: They're really something. They put on an excellent live show, their studio work is expertly recorded and mixed, and their 2011 EP rivals any AAA band for overall quality. DFTD is bringing catchy female-fronted pop (that's still fun to play on instruments!) to the Rock Band Network this fall. And it's all 80 MSP!

Listen to their entire EP for free on Bandcamp: DFTD Bandcamp
Find more information and show dates on their website: danceforthedying.com

This thread will have the latest info on Dance for the Dying in RBN.

Currently Available Coming Soon

Comments

• DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    There are tiers in the description for keys also. Why would it be tiered for keys if there were no keys charted?
  • edited September 2011
    DragoonXD;4504197 said:
    They are, they're just not shown in the video.

Well then as soon as i get points this song is bought.
    Its got all my favorite things for an RBN song.
    Its only 80 points, it has keys, its not an instrumental, and best of all its not metal!
    DragoonXD;4504201 said:
    There are tiers in the description for keys also. Why would it be tiered for keys if there were no keys charted?
    I didn't check the description i just watched the vid and saw no key chart so i was going to just turn it off but then i heard them so i kept listening.
  • pksagepksage Unsigned
    edited September 2011
    Yeah, sorry about that. I wanted to have the characters (who are crafted to look like the band) in an actual venue instead of showing an All Instruments Mode video. Keys/PK are definitely in and working properly. :)
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    Downloading it now! The preview was tasty stuff.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    I'm a sucker for super cute female-fronted stuff, so yay!
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited November 2011
    Just had to say that I've been loving "Echo", and am very excited for "El Monstro", which should come out in the next 24 hours. I know that "Thug Love" is the only other one of their songs to be confirmed coming, but I do really hope that "Death in the Garden" and "Kitty Fight Song" make their way over too - it's a fantastic EP.

Thanks for introducing me to another great band!
  • pksagepksage Unsigned
    edited November 2011
    k-mac;4543813 said:
    Thanks for introducing me to another great band!
    Hey, thanks a lot! I'll pass your comments onto the band, who are all really excited about RBN. I've been listening the EP into the ground since I got hold of it. I told Chris (drummer and sort-of-frontman) to do an LP next, but he has his sights on a second EP, which they'll probably record in early 2012. Having been to a good half-dozen of their live shows, a bunch of the songs from that EP will be awesome too. :)

I definitely want to do Kitty Fight Song and Death in the Garden, and the only thing in the way is the rest of my RBN queue. Those songs are all getting held up by various real-world problems, so there's a chance I'll finish up this EP first! One way or another, it should happen eventually.

Anyway, as you've highlighted: El Monstro is now available for sale! I missed this week's store update cutoff by about an hour, but if you want your hands on it today for just 80 MSP you can go to this shiny Marketplace link: http://bit.ly/tkXrcF If any of you end up buying it, I'd be happy to read your impressions in this thread! :)
    edited November 2011
    Can't wait for it to hit the dashboard marketplace!

And are you saying there's a problem with the upcoming Jukebox the Ghost songs? D:
  • edited November 2011
    I just bought it and will play it later when i'm on.

Edit: I played it and i have to say that the lyrics had me laughing most of the time. Great song. Not much for keys but the drums and guitar both sounded really fun. I'll have to play it next time i'm playing either.
  • pksagepksage Unsigned
    edited November 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4544404 said:
    And are you saying there's a problem with the upcoming Jukebox the Ghost songs? D:

They'll happen, don't worry about that. (Famous last words, right?) I just announced them a bit prematurely because I'm apparently a sucker for peer pressure.
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited November 2011
    Oh don't worry, as it happens, I'm also a big Jukebox The Ghost fan, so it seems that no matter what's in your que, I'm quite happy. Speaking of JtG, you gotta try and get the rest of the first album in due time - Static is one of my faves off that album.

Oh, and El Monstro is awesome in game! Thanks!
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited November 2011
    Just wanted to chime in and say I really enjoy Echo. I was thinking about getting it but after singing the demo I knew I had to have. I'll take a look at El Monstro and the other upcoming tracks from them, both in PT/PR and in the store. :)

Also excited for more Jukebox the Ghost coming. I only got into their RBN stuff recently but they're loads of fun to play and I look forward to more.
  • pksagepksage Unsigned
    edited January 2012
    Thug Love is now up for sale! (Through the marketplace, anyway. It'll be available in-game tomorrow.) Did I mention it has a bass solo?

Kitty Fight Song is in playtesting, and I'm authoring Death in the Garden right now. Almost done with the whole EP!
    edited January 2012
    Great job with Thug Love, will buy any song by them.

RB needs more female fronted stuff badly.
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited January 2012
    Bought El Monstro purely based on what i heard of it from the 20 second preview on RBN Marketplace and loved it... from that decided to check to see if they had other songson RBN and bought Echo when it appeared they had. Will grab the new track next week without even listening to it because thats how impressed ive been with the band so far. Nice to see more coming in the future as well, will grab them too.
  • pksagepksage Unsigned
    edited March 2012
    Another Dance for the Dying song, "Kitty Fight Song", is now available for 80 MSP! The final song from the album, "Death in the Garden", will hit playtesting before the end of the month.

Thanks for all of your kind words and support! The band is currently working on a new EP, and it seems likely that songs from that EP will make it to Rock Band as well. :)
  • edited March 2012
    Bring it on. I'm loving this band and got a few others to listen as well.
    edited March 2012
    Love this band, will instabuy any song by them.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited March 2012
    Pankrazzo;4664202 said:
    Love this band, will instabuy any song by them.

I'm a huge fan of most of their stuff too.
    They are unique and stand out than most bands.
  • SCFoxSCFox Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    pksage;4664195 said:
    The band is currently working on a new EP, and it seems likely that songs from that EP will make it to Rock Band as well. :)

Glad to hear it. This is one of those bands I never would have heard of if not for RBN, and I will gladly continue to support them with whatever they release.
  • MileycyrussouljaMileycyrussoulja Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    I am glad thenewnoelisoncruz has uploaded all of Dance for the Dying's current songs. I really like this band. Not only are the lyrics soothing and chill, the bass and drums are always my favorite parts of their songs. Keyboard too even though it's more basic. I can't wait for them to release more songs!

By the way, if anyone wants lyrics for any of their songs, I took lyrics for all of their songs on LyricWiki based on the RB vocals chart; the EP's page is here.
  • pksagepksage Unsigned
    edited July 2012
    Want more DftD in Rock Band? The band has recorded an awesome second EP (I've caught almost all of the songs live), and are running an IndieGoGo campaign (i.e. Kickstarter) to raise money for mastering and release. The sooner they raise the money they need, the quicker we get the songs in RBN!

Please consider donating $5 if you like Dance for the Dying, as it will also get you a digital download of the entire album when it's out. Or donate more and get sweet swag and other stuff!

http://www.indiegogo.com/DftD2012
  • rko389rko389 Banned
    edited July 2012
    Great, great band, found them through RB (one of the reasons I love the game) and bought all the songs - so much fun to play, bought the first EP on Itunes a while back too. Would love to here some new stuff from them. Since i'm from the UK does IndieGoGo have any way I can contribute, without paypal? (since I don't use that method of payment?)
  • intropeeintropee Road Warrior
    edited July 2012
    I like them too...excellent fun band. :D
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited July 2012
    Just donated $50, hope they make it, it's getting close to the wire.
  • edited July 2012
    I wish I had the money to do $50. I could only do $5. Can't wait to hear it!
    edited July 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4830733 said:
    I wish I had the money to do $50. I could only do $5. Can't wait to hear it!

Every little bit counts, wish I could do more but that's just over kill.
    edited July 2012
    I want my Jukebox the Ghost tracks!
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited July 2012
    SeymourDuncan17;4830816 said:

Me too!
    edited July 2012
    SeymourDuncan17;4830816 said:
    Why don't you go to their thread and say that?
    Dangimarocker;4831055 said:
    Me too!
    You too, even if you're on vacation.