RBN DLC Discussion: 9/22/2011 (Xbox), 9/28/2011 (PS3 Europe), 10/4/2011 (PS3 America)

HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
edited September 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Xbox 360 RBN Releases for Thursday, 9/22/2011

Country

* Gary Dean Smith - "Diana Don't Slow Down" (160 MSP)

Indie Rock

* Jenium - "Remember" (80 MSP)

Metal

* Black Veil Brides - "Children Surrender" (160 MSP)
* Black Veil Brides - "Heaven's Calling" (160 MSP)
* Black Veil Brides - "Children Surrender" (160 MSP)
* Devin Townsend - "Solar Winds" (160 MSP)
* Halcyon Way - "Mouth Without a Head" (80 MSP)
* Rotting Christ - "Fire Death and Fear" (160 MSP)
* Verah Falls - "A Family Affair" (160 MSP)

Pop-Rock

* Dance for the Dying - "Echo" (80 MSP)
* Moving Picture Show - "A Bridge That Will Burn" (80 MSP)

Punk

* The Story Changes - "Constellation" (160 MSP)

R&B/Soul/Funk


* Gary Dean Smith - "Fair Weather Friend" (160 MSP)

Rock

* Spinning Chain - "End of My Rope" (160 MSP)

PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 10/4/2011 (North America) and Wednesday, 9/28/2011 (Europe)

* Loni Rose - "Trying Hard" ($0.99) - Country
* Neonfly - "Ship With No Sails" ($1.99) - Prog
* Raven Quinn - "The Window" ($1.99) - Rock
* After the Burial - "Pendulum" ($1.99) - Metal
* Soilwork - "Stabbing the Drama" ($1.99) - Metal

There will be no North America PS3 RBN release on Tuesday, 9/27/2011. Instead, we will release the songs listed above on 10/4/2011 along with the 5 songs regularly scheduled for that day (so 10 songs total will be released to North America PS3 RBN on 10/4/2011).

We've got something extra-special planned on PS3 RBN for the release on Tuesday, October 11. Look for our upcoming announcement in the "New to RBN" on Thursday, October 6!

Comments

  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited September 2011
    So happy to see Neonfly doing so well. :D
  • lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    Why won't there be a RB3 update next week? Just curious.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited September 2011
    Pleased to see Raven Quinn making it over. Next time I have $2 to my name, I'll probably nab her song.
    HMXLachesis;4504285 said:
    There will be no North America PS3 RBN release on Tuesday, 9/27/2011. Instead, we will release the songs listed above on 10/4/2011 along with the 5 songs regularly scheduled for that day (so 10 songs total will be released to North America PS3 RBN on 10/4/2011).

    We've got something extra-special planned on PS3 RBN for the release on Tuesday, October 11. Look for our upcoming announcement in the "New to RBN" on Thursday, October 6!
    Maybe I'm missing it, but this doesn't seem to explain why there's no RBN content for 9/27. Not that I could buy it anyway. Excited for the something special though :)
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    Everyone on PS3 should pick up "Trying Hard". :)
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited September 2011
    For a buck? Sure, why not. Once I have a buck to my name....
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited September 2011
    Wait...
    HMXLachesis;4504285 said:

    Country

    * Gary Dean Smith - "Diana Don't Slow Down" (160 MSP)
    ...


    R&B/Soul/Funk


    * Gary Dean Smith - "Fair Weather Friend" (160 MSP)

    ...what? Those are about as diametrically opposed as any two genres can be.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    I thought "Fair Weather Friend" had a country-ish vibe from the preview.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    SheSaidSheSaid;4504305 said:
    Wait...

    ...what? Those are about as diametrically opposed as any two genres can be.

    He seems to be Country/Soul in overall style (which can easily be done), and those songs are just on the two extremes of his range. "Diana Don't Slow Down" is definitely country, and "Fair Weather Friend" isn't as funky as a lot of soul/funk material, but it still fits in with them.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited September 2011
    Bridge that will burn is an awesome track that everyone should pick up.

    On the PS3 side :

    Soilwork and Neonfly are definitely worth your hard earned green pieces of paper.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited September 2011
    FairwoodStudios;4504324 said:
    He seems to be Country/Soul in overall style (which can easily be done)

    Give several examples. please realize I'm quoting something
  • edited September 2011
    Really looking forward to Neonfly. It's more power metal than prog, but since I love both genres, I'm not complaining. Shame it'll be another week before it gets there for US players and those of us who play US import discs. (then again, European users deserve a scoop for a change, after all the issues)

    On the Xbox side of things, Solar Winds and Mouth Without a Head are pretty awesome. Still on the fence about the Rotting Christ track.
  • Odin ForceOdin Force Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    I agree with Lex again.

    Neonfly seems very worth my while. :)
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    Neonfly is my only get this week. A very good song, I'll have to say.
  • rab39rab39 Rising Star
    edited September 2011
    SheSaidSheSaid;4504327 said:
    Give several examples. please realize I'm quoting something
    Ray Charles would be more than enough, alone. But rock and roll, rhythm and blues, gospel and country are all related.
  • lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    rab39;4504394 said:
    Ray Charles would be more than enough, alone. But rock and roll, rhythm and blues, gospel and country are all related.

    I think Elvis Presley and Johnny Cash also fit nicely here.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited September 2011
    Elvis Presley and Johnny Cash are certainly country. But funk/soul/R&B?

    Ray Charles is certainly funk/soul/R&B. But country?

    Really??
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    HMXLachesis;4504285 said:

    We've got something extra-special planned on PS3 RBN for the release on Tuesday, October 11. Look for our upcoming announcement in the "New to RBN" on Thursday, October 6!

    Wondering what this could mean. Old RBN1.0 tracks? releasing RBN tracks TWICE a week? EXCLUSIVE PRO GUITAR/BASS CHARTS FOR EVERY RBN TRACK RELEASED FOR PS3?

    EDIT: Thinking about that for a sec, the first logical thing that comes to my mind is releasing additional songs with 2x bass pedal version.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited September 2011
    TheDescent;4504650 said:
    Wondering what this could mean. Old RBN1.0 tracks? releasing RBN tracks TWICE a week? EXCLUSIVE PRO GUITAR/BASS CHARTS FOR EVERY RBN TRACK RELEASED FOR PS3?

    EDIT: Thinking about that for a sec, the first logical thing that comes to my mind is releasing additional songs with 2x bass pedal version.

    Hope it's more songs a week.
    And is there a reason behind us getting the songs till the 4th other than a "special announcement?"
    could this announcement only benefit the US?!?!?
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    * Gary Dean Smith - "Diana Don't Slow Down" (160 MSP)
    * Halcyon Way - "Mouth Without a Head" (80 MSP)
    * Dance for the Dying - "Echo" (80 MSP)
    * Gary Dean Smith - "Fair Weather Friend" (160 MSP)


    Nice week.

    Fair Weather Friends and Diana Don't slow down are the standouts for me.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    * Black Veil Brides - "Children Surrender" (160 MSP)
    * Devin Townsend - "Solar Winds" (160 MSP)
    * Halcyon Way - "Mouth Without a Head" (80 MSP)
    * Rotting Christ - "Fire Death and Fear" (160 MSP)
    * Verah Falls - "A Family Affair" (160 MSP)
    * Dance for the Dying - "Echo" (80 MSP)

    Got all that! And I plan on getting Constellations later and I still haven't previewed Remember or A Bridge That Will Burn.

    Fair Weather Friend sounded a little too "typical funk/soul jam #12" to me from the preview.

    EDIT: Oh and the two best guitar tracks were Children Surrender and A Family Affair. Not sure if you'd consider it "metalcore", but A Family Affair is certainly one of the better ones I've heard.
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited September 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4504881 said:

    EDIT: Oh and the two best guitar tracks were Children Surrender and A Family Affair. Not sure if you'd consider it "metalcore", but A Family Affair is certainly one of the better ones I've heard.
    of the 8 tracks i bought this week familly affair was my least favorite o.O all 3 BVB songs were a lot of fun on guitar, as was fire death and fear

    family affair was probably the most fun on drums though, but, there was so many awesome songs this week..
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited September 2011
  • bjyaritzbjyaritz Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    Halcyon Way is one of those sleeper bands that come along here on RBN. Talented group. I own 2 out of 3 of their songs and really enjoy the tracks.
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited September 2011
    bjyaritz;4505735 said:
    Halcyon Way is one of those sleeper bands that come along here on RBN. Talented group. I own 2 out of 3 of their songs and really enjoy the tracks.

    2/3 :( for a relatively unknown metal band, their stuff is tons of fun (and there's a lot more coming)
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    Zemanator;4505824 said:
    2/3 :( for a relatively unknown metal band, their stuff is tons of fun (and there's a lot more coming)

    The entire Building the Towers album is indeed coming. I'll be getting it all, if the songs ever make it to PS3.
  • qpliu_qpliu_ Unsigned
    edited September 2011
    What's the story behind the pro keys in A Bridge That Will Burn? Clearly, the two octave restriction is part of it.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    qpliu_;4506961 said:
    What's the story behind the pro keys in A Bridge That Will Burn? Clearly, the two octave restriction is part of it.

    What do you mean? (I haven't looked at the song at all, just curious.)
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited September 2011
    I remember the notes were falling off the board during lane shifts in an earlier build. So they might have squished them closer together to avoid that?

    But like Fairwood I myself haven't played the pro keys.
  • qpliu_qpliu_ Unsigned
    edited September 2011
    FairwoodStudios;4507474 said:
    What do you mean? (I haven't looked at the song at all, just curious.)

    When I'm hearing octaves, I'm playing sixths. Then, when I'm hearing pentatonic runs (B flat through E flat, I believe, which doesn't fit in the controller range), I'm playing a whole tone scale.
  • bjyaritzbjyaritz Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    Zemanator;4505824 said:
    2/3 :( for a relatively unknown metal band, their stuff is tons of fun (and there's a lot more coming)

    Why the frown? I look forward to more of their tracks to jam.
Sign In or Register to comment.