Win "These City Lights" by Rose of Jericho (10 winners)

atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
edited September 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Throughout today (Thurs) and tomorrow (Fri), RBNStuff.com will be giving 10 people codes for "These City Lights" by Rose of Jericho.

We are going to combine this contest with a new feature we're testing out. We figure that heavy use of this feature will give us an idea of how it will work.

Basically, if you go to RBNStuff.com throughout today and tomorrow and upvote (+) your favorite songs from the last week, you might just run into a code! You can upvote your favorite songs as much as you want, but be aware that new codes will be put up between half an hour to an hour of each other (timestamps for the last code release will be provided).

We will be starting right away. We will probably give out 5 codes today, call it a day sometime this afternoon and then continue tomorrow.

If you do win a code, please let us know on here so we can remove it from the site.

The first code will be put up between 11:45am and 12:00pm (Thurs) so keep your eyes open!

NOTE: The only way to run into the code is by actually upvoting songs.

Comments

• DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    Got the first code, thanks!

Going to buy one of the Rose of Jericho RBN1 songs I missed with it.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited September 2011
    Sweet beans. I actually watched you vote, (refreshed the results page). It was kinda interesting haha. like...

*posts code*
    *wait a minute*
    *one song total goes up*
    ...someone just won...

Anyways, I dunno when I'll post the next one. Probably, I dunno, sometime in the next half hour? Sound good?
    edited September 2011
    Haha.

Trying very hard to buy it, xbox.com doesn't want to cooperate with me right now. Giving me silly error messages.
  • bjyaritzbjyaritz Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    I already own that track and all of ROJ.
    edited September 2011
    DragoonXD;4504325 said:
    Haha.

Trying very hard to buy it, xbox.com doesn't want to cooperate with me right now. Giving me silly error messages.

with the song or with the code?

EDIT: and, if I remember correctly, these codes just give you points, right? So, technically, you could use them to buy whatever you want. But they were brought to us by Rose of Jericho because they were artist of the month.

I'm actually going to buy a song or two of theirs myself (not with one of these, codes, obviously, but with real money)
    edited September 2011
    Yes, but I would feel horrible if I bought someone else's songs, and I want theirs. Unfortunately I don't have my Xbox at the moment, and the website doesn't want to work.
    edited September 2011
    But the code is working, yes?
    edited September 2011
    Code worked, yes.
  • s0ckMonk3ys0ckMonk3y Unsigned
    edited September 2011
    Just snagged a code...THANKS! :D

Been contemplating some of the Rose of Jericho songs, will definitely pick one up with the points.
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited September 2011
    I got one! :) I'm going for Midnight Eyes (RB3 Version) rather than These City Lights. I sure hope RoJ are fine with that. :p
    edited September 2011
    I think we have someone either using a bot or just upvoting over and over again. Which is to be expected considering there is no limit to how many times one can "like" a song.

But I can assure you that the odds for them getting the code are no higher than anyone else's, based on how I've got the contest set up.
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    edited September 2011
    Got one. Will check out the song in a bit (and, since it's a 160MSP code, I'll also pick up the RB3 version of Buried Cold).
    edited September 2011
    K guys, the last 5 are going out today. Expect the first one within the next 20 minutes. Same method.
    edited September 2011
    Okay, I've got three more. Expect them all before too long.
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited September 2011
    Got one!

These City Lights and Midnight Eyes RB3 version, welcome to my library. :)
  • JerkinatorJerkinator Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    Guess I'm confused as to where I'd look for the code if one was there. Does it just pop up or something? Up voted a few but not sure where to look lol
    edited September 2011
    The page pops up after you upvote, when a code is available.

We have one code left! Just for fun, let's say I'll make it available at exactly 6 o'clock (Mountain Time, or about 1 hour and 5 minutes after this post. So get there as quick as you can after that!
  • edited September 2011
    atalkingfish;4505704 said:
    The page pops up after you upvote, when a code is available.

We have one code left! Just for fun, let's say I'll make it available at exactly 6 o'clock (Mountain Time, or about 1 hour and 5 minutes after this post. So get there as quick as you can after that!

Hey i got it! Thanks ATalkingFish and Rose of Jericho!
  • JerkinatorJerkinator Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    It just told me I won a code, gave it to me, and told me it was already used.

Is it whoever gets to the code first gets it?
  • XtremeNightsXtremeNights Opening Act
    edited September 2011
    Yes it is and that un-redeemable code is the last one that was put up. In about 26 more minutes the last one will be put up.

EDIT: Dang it, I tried to redeem the code the second it went up. Literally the second it came up and it said it was used. Well, congratulations to whoever took it!
    edited September 2011
    Alright, well that's it! Hey, guys, thanks for helping me get a feel for this new way of website building. Before too long, I hope to have a "like" or "upvote" system that more accurately represents what people like. Unfortunately, though, this would require people to register on the site. But it's always nice to see progression.

Until then, though, don't be afraid to "like" songs that you like. If anything, it'll help me know what people like (and yes, I can very easily tell if it's a bot and/or auto refreshing, things like that).
  • rose_of_jerichorose_of_jericho Opening Act
    edited September 2011
    congrats to everyone that won a code! hope you guys enjoy the song and thanks to atalkingfish for setting up the giveaway!