Something Special for the PS3 comming October 11!

Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
edited October 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Per the PS3 blog:
We've got something extra-special planned on PS3 RBN for the release on Tuesday, October 11. Look for our upcoming announcement in the "New to RBN" on Thursday, October 6!
So, any guesses as to what we're getting? Maybe more songs per week?

Comments

• Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited September 2011
    lvmathemagician;4504963 said:
    Maybe the Schick pro upgrades?
    That's a possibility.
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    I believe that's something related to the 2x bass pedal version that was talked here while ago. That, or MOAR RBN song per week. :)
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    I'll go out on a limb and say that it won't be moar muse.

Hoping that they raise the limit from 5 for you all you PS3 peeps!
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    I don't think they will raise the limit (at least permanently), since I understood that the special thing is only for that one week. Something makes me think it's something more than just a few extra songs. Maybe 2x Bass pedal songs, or maybe even the impossible, some pro upgrades? I really can't think of anything else in addition to what others have been guessing.

Also, I really don't think it's RBN1.0 songs, since they've made it quite clear they won't be ported over anymore.

I'd like to think it's something more random than these guesses. I know I'll be having a lot of fun speculating for the next two weeks!
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited September 2011
    About to enter impossible/never gonna happen fantasy land :

Wouldn't it be great if HMX convinced Sony that all the songs released via RBN have already went through a certification process so there would be none needed on Sony's end?

They they can just give them the files from all songs released 30 days ago and they all get uploaded. (Meaning the thursday's release from 30 days prior on 360...not ALL songs released 30 days prior.

Yes I know. Never gonna happen, but I tend to dream too big at times.
    edited September 2011
    Tykki-Teme;4504997 said:
    maybe even the impossible, some pro upgrades?
    The only RBN pro upgrades that exist are the ones from the Schick contest. We're not getting something that the 360 isn't getting.
    edited September 2011
    Bront20;4505839 said:
    The only RBN pro upgrades that exist are the ones from the Schick contest. We're not getting something that the 360 isn't getting.

So there really are pro upgrades for RBN songs? I once saw a list of those three (?) songs and thought it was just some kind of mistake.
    edited September 2011
    Tykki-Teme;4505924 said:
    So there really are pro upgrades for RBN songs? I once saw a list of those three (?) songs and thought it was just some kind of mistake.
    Yeah, it was for the Schick promo, I don't think they ever hit the regular store.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited September 2011
    Technically the Schick songs are seen as official DLC, with pro drums, actual practice sections, and RB3 venue authoring.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited September 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4505015 said:
    Wouldn't it be great if HMX convinced Sony that all the songs released via RBN have already went through a certification process so there would be none needed on Sony's end?
    No, because they DIDN'T go through the certification process to make sure they work on a PS3, so they'd be riddled with crashes more often.
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    I'm going to say songs will no be released the same day on the PS3 and the 360
    edited September 2011
    GameMaster439;4506094 said:
    I'm going to say songs will no be released the same day on the PS3 and the 360
    Right...

And how do you expect Harmonix to get an RBN song, adjust it for the PS3, push it through Sony certification, AND have Sony release it on a Thursday?
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited September 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4506037 said:
    No, because they DIDN'T go through the certification process to make sure they work on a PS3, so they'd be riddled with crashes more often.
    I was always under the impression that the 360 and PS3 files were pretty much identical and Sony had to cert them.

So going under that assumption I figured they would work exactly the same on either version of RB3 (360 or PS3) and it was just sony going through the motions.

Of course I could be entirely wrong about that ;)
    edited September 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4506121 said:
    I was always under the impression that the 360 and PS3 files were pretty much identical and Sony had to cert them.

So going under that assumption I figured they would work exactly the same on either version of RB3 (360 or PS3) and it was just sony going through the motions.

Of course I could be entirely wrong about that ;)
    You are correct in saying they're pretty much the same, file-wise, but that doesn't make it perfectly smooth to move over, I think.
    edited September 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4506122 said:
    You are correct in saying they're pretty much the same, file-wise, but that doesn't make it perfectly smooth to move over, I think.

As evidenced by the two tracks which were delayed for seven weeks due to technical difficulties. And there's still one track waiting to be released for the same reason. So yes, this is why Sony wants to do QA on the songs.
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4506102 said:
    Right...

And how do you expect Harmonix to get an RBN song, adjust it for the PS3, push it through Sony certification, AND have Sony release it on a Thursday?

It was a thought, just guessing what it could be. My run for the RBN ended over 9 months ago
  • TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    I'm going to guess they're porting my entire back catalog.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited September 2011
    I hope it's not anything to do with RB1.0 songs.
  • lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    Dangimarocker;4506388 said:
    I hope it's not anything to do with RB1.0 songs.

Just curious, why?
    edited September 2011
    lvmathemagician;4506715 said:
    Just curious, why?

Because it makes MOST pro drum songs (unless they released pre-july or watever) pointless.
    And there's just nothing left on their i want. I'm sure others do but i got what i wanted.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited September 2011
    I'm going to guess either an experimental run in double bass or an increase in weekly songs.
  • edited September 2011
    I would give you guys a hint but I can't think of anything vague enough... :P
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    Dangimarocker;4506737 said:
    Because it makes MOST pro drum songs (unless they released pre-july or watever) pointless.
    And there's just nothing left on their i want. I'm sure others do but i got what i wanted.

I know you dislike metal but... Mariannas Trench. It's one of the songs I miss most.
    edited September 2011
    TheDescent;4506862 said:
    I know you dislike metal but... Mariannas Trench. It's one of the songs I miss most.

Nope I'll pass.
    edited September 2011
    Doc_SoCal;4506842 said:
    I would give you guys a hint but I can't think of anything vague enough... :P

:( which means it's 1 RBN1.0 song... BOO. Hype for nothing like usual :(
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited September 2011
    Some of us on the PS3 may remember this old gem:
    The PS3 may see a more robust RBN coming out with inclusion in Rock Band 3, however (more on that later).
    http://www.rockbandaide.com/4175/john-d-from-harmonix-answers-your-questions/

It's not a direct quote, but it seems to be a paraphrasing or summary from Rockbandaide's interview with John Drake. I'm hoping whatever it is, it has something to do with the more robust RBN for PS3.
  • PapaHetPapaHet Unsigned
    edited September 2011
    Power Rangers theme on rock band? Let us pray.
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    PapaHet;4506902 said:
    Power Rangers theme on rock band? Let us pray.

Yeah right, it's just being ported over to the PS3, no testing etc.
    edited September 2011
    bigmf;4506900 said:
    Some of us on the PS3 may remember this old gem:

http://www.rockbandaide.com/4175/john-d-from-harmonix-answers-your-questions/

It's not a direct quote, but it seems to be a paraphrasing or summary from Rockbandaide's interview with John Drake. I'm hoping whatever it is, it has something to do with the more robust RBN for PS3.

Hmm, that's quite an old quote, from the time PS3 was just about the get the first RBN tracks. I didn't even remember that article, and it got me wondering what they had in mind when they were talking about this "More robust RBN". That's a possibility too.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    Dangimarocker;4506737 said:
    Some (read very few) RBN 1.0 songs had upgraded pro drums when they got ported to PS3.