Sam Roberts in RBN?

TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
edited October 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Sam Roberts is one of my favorite bands. So I contacted their management about RBN. Even though they are signed to a label owned by Universal, I just got a reply that said "Just wanted to let you know that I am in contact with Universal and with Rock Band Network about this. Figured you'd be interested in knowing that!"

I am personally very interested, as I have been listening to this group since I was 8 years old. Anyone else?

Comments

• KarioChartsJerryKarioChartsJerry Opening Act
    edited September 2011
    Never heard of it but good luck.
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    Sheepish grin*
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited September 2011
    KarioChartsJerry;4507020 said:
    Never heard of it but good luck.

Same here. The more the merrier!
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited September 2011
    Catch-22;4507053 said:
    Sheepish grin*

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

the good news for you, is not ALL of his albums are owned by that company.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited September 2011
    there's many artist on Universal I want.. maybe they've decided that RBN is good now? :D
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited September 2011
    Catch-22;4507053 said:
    Sheepish grin*

Wait, what does this mean? Elaborate please and thank you.

And to the people who haven't heard of Sam Roberts, you probably aren't Canadian. Here in Canada, two of their first three albums won Rock Album Of The Year at the Juno's (think Canadian Grammy's), one of their albums won Album Of The Year, and they have been Artist Of The Year twice, beating out people like Bryan Adams and C
    edited September 2011
    TheStuddz;4507180 said:
    Wait, what does this mean? Elaborate please and thank you.

My vagueness was intentional.
    edited September 2011
    P.S. If you ever get to see them live, do so. They rock the joint!

P.P.S. Here are links to some of their videos:

(see Catch-22's post on page 2 for links)
    edited September 2011
    Catch-22;4507186 said:
    My vagueness was intentional.
    I know but I want more! Are you working with them? I HAVE THE RIGHT TO KNOW!! IT'S A FREE COUNTRY AND STUFF LIKE THAT! AND LOOK AT MY SIGNATURE!! SAM ROBERTS BAND!!! I'M A HUGE FAN WHO IS WILLING TO SWITCH FROM WII TO XBOX FOR THIS MUSIC!! YOU CAN'T JUST VAGUE ALL OVER MY THREAD!!

Sorry, those caps were uncalled for. You can keep your secret if you want.

TELL ME!!
    edited September 2011
    no. also, it's just "sam Roberts" not "Sam Roberts band" it's one person.
    edited September 2011
    edited September 2011
    Zemanator;4507193 said:
    no. also, it's just "sam Roberts" not "Sam Roberts band" it's one person.

Well, it was Sam Roberts, for his first three albums. Since the release of their newest album, "Collider", they now go as Sam Roberts Band.
    edited September 2011
    Catch-22;4507200 said:
    Fixed

Thanks.
    edited September 2011
    Dangimarocker;4507262 said:
    meh.

Yeah. I know they're no Blink-182 or anything...

(snickers) Blink-182..
    edited September 2011
    TheStuddz;4507450 said:
    Well, it was Sam Roberts, for his first three albums. Since the release of their newest album, "Collider", they now go as Sam Roberts Band.

must have missed the memo then :P
    edited September 2011
    TheStuddz;4507453 said:
    Yeah. I know they're no Blink-182 or anything...

(snickers) Blink-182..

No they sound like Weezer clones basically.
    edited September 2011
    I was hoping to hear something, anything, about a band hearing from Sam Roberts and company in the September 2011 RBN Announcement Thread. The day is not over yet, though. Right, authoring groups?
    edited September 2011
    I am actively discussing with their management, but things are in the very early stages (well off from announcements or anything tangible). We do however, talk once a week so when things are at the point we can announce something we will.
    edited September 2011
    Catch-22;4510658 said:
    I am actively discussing with their management, but things are in the very early stages (well off from announcements or anything tangible). We do however, talk once a week so when things are at the point we can announce something we will.

Yay for Catch-22! The reason that that wasn't entirely in caps is that I am being wary. I know things happen sometimes. But so great. Thank you for replying. Great day for RB. Limp biscuits and all.

And once again: I am so getting an Xbox. RBN, you have been hitting it out of the park lately.
    edited September 2011
    TheStuddz;4510666 said:
    Yay for Catch-22! The reason that that wasn't entirely in caps is that I am being wary. I know things happen sometimes. But so great. Thank you for replying. Great day for RB. Limp biscuits and all.

And once again: I am so getting an Xbox. RBN, you have been hitting it out of the park lately.

I'm Canadian, my goal with TAG is to sign Canadian artists so stay tuned.
  • edited September 2011
    Catch-22;4510670 said:
    I'm Canadian, my goal with TAG is to sign Canadian artists so stay tuned.

Barenaked Ladies own all their stuff from Everything to Everyone and on (including their Holiday album). Just saying. *crosses fingers*
    edited September 2011
    MagicMurderBag7;4510749 said:
    Barenaked Ladies own all their stuff from Everything to Everyone and on (including their Holiday album). Just saying. *crosses fingers*

don't worry catch is on it.
  • edited September 2011
    Zemanator;4510766 said:
    don't worry catch is on it.

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope it works out. I would love to get Elf's Lament and Wind it Up.
    edited September 2011
    MagicMurderBag7;4510781 said:
    I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope it works out. I would love to get Elf's Lament and Wind it Up.

I actually don't know if he is, but if he isn't (I think he is...), then he will be. and if he won't, he will. i believe he will. ill make sure he is.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    While we're on the subject of Canadian bands, you guys should go after Priestess. Anything from Hello Master won't happen, as it's on RCA, but Prior to the Fire (which is a better album anyways) is on an independent label. "The Gem" is one of favorite songs ever.
    edited October 2011
    DragoonXD;4510936 said:
    While we're on the subject of Canadian bands, you guys should go after Priestess. Anything from Hello Master won't happen, as it's on RCA, but Prior to the Fire (which is a better album anyways) is on an independent label. "The Gem" is one of favorite songs ever.

catch is also attempting to get them. "lay down" specifically. to no avail, however.. at this time they don't have any interest :( (I don't know if he's gone after their newer album, but i'll be sure to poke him if he's not )
    edited October 2011
    MagicMurderBag7;4510749 said:

I knew about the holiday album, but are you sure about Everything to Everyone? I thought they were still signed to Warner at that point. But yeah, ''Elf's Lament'' would rock. They also own Barenaked Ladies Are Me and Barenaked Ladies Are Men. I'd like all songs from both albums, please.

And, about Canadian bands: Jane's Party would be awesome. They aren't very well known, but their music is on iTunes. I think their newest single ''Alone Together'' would work well in Rock Band. It contains all neccesary instruments, including keys. I've met the guys from the band. They are friends of my cousin. They are awesome, and I think they'd be into the idea.
  • edited October 2011
    TheStuddz;4511735 said:
    I knew about the holiday album, but are you sure about Everything to Everyone? I thought they were still signed to Warner at that point. But yeah, ''Elf's Lament'' would rock. They also own Barenaked Ladies Are Me and Barenaked Ladies Are Men. I'd like all songs from both albums, please.

And, about Canadian bands: Jane's Party would be awesome. They aren't very well known, but their music is on iTunes. I think their newest single ''Alone Together'' would work well in Rock Band. It contains all neccesary instruments, including keys. I've met the guys from the band. They are friends of my cousin. They are awesome, and I think they'd be into the idea.

I may be remembering wrong. Maybe it was everything after Everything to Everyone.
    edited October 2011
    MagicMurderBag7;4511814 said:
    I may be remembering wrong. Maybe it was everything after Everything to Everyone.

I'm thinking that's it.