I just got done putting this together. I, for one, think it's friggin' awesome.

Comments

• BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    What the hell did you do with the drum charts? It sounds like you put crash across green, blue and yellow when it should really be just on the yellow. Then you charted a tambourine to blue cymbal, yellow cymbal and sometimes blue tom?? It made me ****ing dizzy!

Oh, and that is damn cheezy!
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited September 2011
    Blasteroids;4509276 said:
    What the hell did you do with the drum charts? It sounds like you put crash across green, blue and yellow when it should really be just on the yellow. Then you charted a tambourine to blue cymbal, yellow cymbal and sometimes blue tom?? It made me ****ing dizzy!

Oh, and that is damn cheezy!

I'm not sure I know exactly what you mean but
    1) I did not chart this

Anyways, there are a lot of crashes used, so I think it's fair to chart them over the three cymbals. If that's what you mean. The hi hat is on yellow and blue, depending on if it is open. The phrase that confused me was "when it should really be just on the yellow". If you mean "green", then I point you to Panic Attack by Dream Theater.

And as far as the tambourine charting goes, I dunno. If it were to have been up to me, I think I would have just stuck with charting the drums, since there were no tambourine parts that don't have drum parts.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    atalkingfish;4509278 said:
    The phrase that confused me was "when it should really be just on the yellow". If you mean "green", then I point you to Panic Attack by Dream Theater.
    Yeah, that will be the beer :) I did indeed mean Green. Guess I never played Panic Attack by Dream Theater. It just seems odd that a slow roll on the crash is charted across 3 different cymbals. Perhaps this was done to make it more interesting? To me it just retracts from reality.
    And as far as the tambourine charting goes, I dunno. If it were to have been up to me, I think I would have just stuck with charting the drums, since there were no tambourine parts that don't have drum parts.
    Don't get me wrong. It's always interesting to have different things charted, but it should (IMHO) be consistant. We need moar cow-bell ;)
    1) I did not chart this
    Then treat the comments as a compliment that people listened and tried to give constructive comments... even if done by someone who has a few beers ;)
    edited September 2011
    Blasteroids;4509289 said:
    Yeah, that will be the beer :) I did indeed mean Green. Guess I never played Panic Attack by Dream Theater. It just seems odd that a slow roll on the crash is charted across 3 different cymbals. Perhaps this was done to make it more interesting? To me it just retracts from reality.

Don't get me wrong. It's always interesting to have different things charted, but it should (IMHO) be consistant. We need moar cow-bell ;)

Then treat the comments as a compliment that people listened and tried to give constructive comments... even if done by someone who has a few beers ;)

I guess what I'm saying is that since there were, like, 4 cymbals, they spread them across 3 cymbals in the game, rather than tying them to 2 cymbals. Or one for that matter. And to be fair, they kept them very consistently matched throughout the song, if you're going for realism.

I agree with feedback, though, I've been giving feedback to TAG constantly for the last, like, two weeks xD
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited September 2011
    I've playtested this on guitar, and it was a heck of a lot of fun! Can't wait to buy it :D
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    edited September 2011
    "Corn Dogs"
  • 3pic81ueUnicorn3pic81ueUnicorn Not Active Enough
    edited September 2011
    I would buy this the first day it is released.
    edited September 2011
    DrowGamer77;4509340 said:
    "Corn Dogs"
    I wouldn't look forward to seeing that one released. Unless we get some super-eager authoring companies around here haha.
    3pic81ueUnicorn;4509344 said:
    I would buy this the first day it is released.

Change that "would" to a "will", my friend.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    My faec when watching: ^___^
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited September 2011
    Pankrazzo;4509263 said:
    Sounds like Parry Gripp to me, which isn't a compliment.

Parry Gripps better than this...This isn't even funny unlike Parry.
    edited September 2011
    Personally, the only thing I've heard from Parry Gripp that's anywhere near as good as this is Girl at the Video Game Store.

Maybe Space Unicorn too. That has some pretty nice instrumentation.

As far as being novelties go, Parry Gripp is better. But, as far as the better songs go, this is way better. And it's funny.
    edited September 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4509722 said:
    Personally, the only thing I've heard from Parry Gripp that's anywhere near as good as this is Girl at the Video Game Store.

Maybe Space Unicorn too. That has some pretty nice instrumentation.

As far as being novelties go, Parry Gripp is better. But, as far as the better songs go, this is way better. And it's funny.

I'm not sure I classify mine as novelty because, while there is humor involved, I actually put WAY more effort towards musical quality/recording/composing than I did lyrics. The lyrics are just there to make it not an instrumental.

I like Space Unicorn too.
    edited September 2011
    atalkingfish;4509776 said:
    I'm not sure I classify mine as novelty because, while there is humor involved, I actually put WAY more effort towards musical quality/recording/composing than I did lyrics. The lyrics are just there to make it not an instrumental.

I like Space Unicorn too.

It's certainly not solely a novelty. And, in that sense, Parry Gripp is better because if you're looking for some cheap, fun, novelty-ish thrills, Parry Gripp is the guy to go to.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited September 2011
    Yeah this song is more of a pastiche, as the title implies, rather than an all-out comedy song. The pacing and two-character style of the song do make it seem like it would benefit from having some actual dialog jokes in the lyrics, but for what it is, it's fine. The chorus is actually pretty catchy.
    edited September 2011
    atalkingfish;4509364 said:
    Change that "would" to a "will", my friend.
    Indeed.
  • b4mvb4mv Opening Act
    edited October 2011
    I'm definately buying this when it comes out. Kind of inspiring. I want to do something like it.

Authors? :P
    edited October 2011
    I think We Are So Rich and Corn Dogs should be on the Rock Band Network.
  • DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
    edited October 2011
    3pic81ueUnicorn;4510987 said:
    I think We Are So Rich and Corn Dogs should be on the Rock Band Network.

If I was an authoring group, I would have asked to chart We Are So Rich when it came out.
    edited October 2011
    DeferredGalaxy3;4511204 said:
    If I was an authoring group, I would have asked to chart We Are So Rich when it came out.

The only problem with this is, though, is that he'll be gone for two years at the end of this one, so there's no way i could get the song done and released by then, and able to get him his money. That's why I haven't asked.
    edited October 2011
    There is the potential to have a very close friend of mine take over while I'm gone. I mean take over, like... "legally", if you wish, basically talking in my name as far as approving things and such. Is that a possibility? I assume there'd be one or two too many legal issues with that, though.
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited October 2011
    atalkingfish;4511541 said:
    There is the potential to have a very close friend of mine take over while I'm gone. I mean take over, like... "legally", if you wish, basically talking in my name as far as approving things and such. Is that a possibility? I assume there'd be one or two too many legal issues with that, though.

You're definitely heading for territory where you need a lawyer.
  • MileycyrussouljaMileycyrussoulja Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    This is pretty cool. You author that yourself? I would love to see your other songs on Rock Band.
    edited October 2011
    Mileycyrussoulja;4515622 said:
    This is pretty cool. You author that yourself?

I'm afraid not. TAG is doing that song, and I'm doing "(I Want to Go to) Space."
  • MileycyrussouljaMileycyrussoulja Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    Oh, cool. This is a pretty catchy song. I showed it to my friend this morning.
    edited October 2011
    HMXLachesis;4513074 said:
    You're definitely heading for territory where you need a lawyer.

Given the fact that I am doing this for fun, have made no money off of it, and have worked with this friend throughout the entire process (for a few years)... are you sure?

EDIT: Because if, before I leave, some authoring groups wanted to do so, I could just as easily take all the stems, give them to my friend, tell them to use reasonable judgement when approving charts, etc, and say "okay, I'll be back in two years to see what made it through".
    edited October 2011
    Couldn't you just make all your agreements with the authoring group in advance? Once the contracts are signed, do they really need any further input from you as the artist? I'm just curious because I genuinely don't know.
  • Anton_96Anton_96 Opening Act
    edited October 2011
    atalkingfish;4519205 said:
    Given the fact that I am doing this for fun, have made no money off of it, and have worked with this friend throughout the entire process (for a few years)... are you sure?

EDIT: Because if, before I leave, some authoring groups wanted to do so, I could just as easily take all the stems, give them to my friend, tell them to use reasonable judgement when approving charts, etc, and say "okay, I'll be back in two years to see what made it through".

As far as I'm concerned it should be possible. All you'd really need is someone who can sign the papers with your permission. At least from my experience with Silent House, only I had to sign the papers as long as I did it with Lorenz's permission.
    edited October 2011
    I'd prefer for the permissions (signing, etc) to be done before I leave, (considering I won't be making any -new- songs when I'm gone) so that all my friend needs to do is say "DON'T ALT CHART THAT FLUTE TO THE GUITAR, YOU IDIOT".
    edited October 2011
    Couldn't you just appoint a friend with a creator's account, and have him test each version? Then he could just fail it if they did anything you wouldn't like.
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited October 2011
    ATF is one of the only artists i've seen who've even commented on anything we've done, and provided us with things he'd like to see then commented on things he didn't like that we did, most artists are too busy to worry that much about it ;P

and his friend wouldnt even have to do that, since every authoring group would listen to his wishes, respect them, and do what the artist wants