Most RBN metal songs not in PS3?

JuuseriJuuseri Unsigned
edited October 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Why is that most Metal song that comes to RBN, like Devin Townsend, Sybreed and now Arch Enemy, aren't for PS3? I'd really like to play, them but they only say Platforms:Xbox360 >:(

Comments

• edited September 2011
    Because it lacks the structure for independent DLC releases that the Xbox has, the PS3 only gets a limited amount of RBN songs per week (HMX has to manually port them over, and Sony only wants to do quality control on 5 songs a week on top of normal DLC). That and the Xbox has a 30 day exclusivity period for all songs that are released on RBN. This means that you'll have to wait a little while before some songs will be brought over to the PS3, and that some songs will not be brought over at all.

In the specific cases of the bands you mention: Sybreed and Devin Townsend's ZTO are both older 'RBN 1.0' songs, and those don't get ported over anymore since the switch to the new RB3-style format (basically anything that was released on the Xbox before March 2011 that hasn't made it to the PS3 yet, will never be brought over). The newer DT songs and the Arch Enemy song will probably show up in due time, they're both big/popular enough artists to warrant a PS3 release, as far as I can judge.
  • turnitup321turnitup321 Opening Act
    edited September 2011
    In RBN 1.0 days, there were complaints about too many metal releases for the PS3. HMX might be trying to balance that out. Plus, Nemesis and the Townsend tracks will likely reach the PS3 in due time.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited September 2011
    turnitup321;4509482 said:
    In RBN 1.0 days, there were complaints about too many metal releases for the PS3. HMX might be trying to balance that out. Plus, Nemesis and the Townsend tracks will likely reach the PS3 in due time.
    Because there was for the longest time. Every week it seemed like it was 2 songs that were metal (mostly modern screamo-soundalike) at least. and when we only get 5 that kind of sucks for us that don't like metal that much (i do like Power metal, Prog Metal or any metal that sounds like Judas Priest/Iron maiden/Slayer/Hair Metal/80s Metal/70s Metal/Old metal/Old Peoples Music).. if u get my point.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited September 2011
    Dangimarocker;4509609 said:
    Because there was for the longest time. Every week it seemed like it was 2 songs that were metal (mostly modern screamo-soundalike) at least. and when we only get 5 that kind of sucks for us that don't like metal that much (i do like Power metal, Prog Metal or any metal that sounds like Judas Priest/Iron maiden/Slayer/Hair Metal/80s Metal/70s Metal/Old metal/Old Peoples Music).. if u get my point.
    Screamo isn't a kind of metal, you know.

Screamo =/= growly/yelly vox.
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited September 2011
    turnitup321;4509482 said:
    In RBN 1.0 days, there were complaints about too many metal releases for the PS3. HMX might be trying to balance that out.
    No "might" about it. The PS3 audience has been extraordinarily clear about wanting a more varied assortment of music, and we're listening. This doesn't mean we're forgetting our metal fans (most definitely not!) but we want to make sure the fans of rock, alternative, pop-rock, punk, and so forth are happy as well.
  • NumskullNumskull Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    HMXLachesis;4509797 said:
    No "might" about it. The PS3 audience has been extraordinarily clear about wanting a more varied assortment of music, and we're listening. This doesn't mean we're forgetting our metal fans (most definitely not!) but we want to make sure the fans of rock, alternative, pop-rock, punk, and so forth are happy as well.
    It is much appreciated. If you look at the PS3 RBN release history, you can see where the shift towards more variety began, and most of my purchases have come from after that point.
  • Backbeat60-62Backbeat60-62 Rising Star
    edited September 2011
    Definitely looking forward to garage rock, rock, and proto-punk.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited October 2011
    Wow. A "Moar Metal" call for RBN. This has got to be a first. (And no, I'm not poking fun at you OP, I just find it amusing).

As someone who doesn't care for most of the metal in RBN, I appreciate the variety, though I'm not against an occasional week of a single highly requested artist or genre. We also have the 30 day delay, and because we only get so many songs, sales dictate a good chunk of what gets ported over.