September 2011 Rock Band Network Announcement thread

ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
edited October 2011 in The Rock Band Network
For those not in the know a group of authors have decided to do a once a month (final friday of every month) announcement thread. Highlighting new artists coming to the service, contests, video game play debuts, and who knows what else! So for the rest of the day this thread will be the home of the latest and greatest news concerning Rock Band Network! So keep checking back during the day because who knows what might be happening during the next 16 hours :)

So we're going to start things off with a new partnership we've entered into to fix a problem that a lot of people have with Rock Band Network :

Too much Metalz.

Don't get us wrong, we love metal. We love difficult charts that have been forged in the fires of 5 lane hell. Songs that test your mettle, and make you question your man (or woman) hood when they kick your teeth out the back of your butt.

However it can't be cranked up to eleven all the time. Otherwise it just becomes stale.

We've heard your cries of too much metal growly yell music, and we're doing something to help bring in more of the...well...not metal into Rock Band Network.

So we're pleased to announce a long term relationship with Swedish label A West Side Fabrication.

http://www.westsidefabrication.se/bands/

While you might not be familiar with the bands on this label, you can't deny the quality of music these artists are producing.

We're confident that the music we're bringing from West Side will help to balance out the seeming nonstop onslaught of metal recently.

The first two tracks we're currently working on for the game are :

We are the Storm - Galileo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zAmLomUdQA

Oh My! - Twenty One
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFk3AUDeQQk

There will be much more to come from West Side so stay tuned to future announcement threads for more details.

We'll continue to add more information throughout the day (as will other authoring groups) including a contest for some KILLER prizes later in the day and even more new band announcements so stay tuned!

Comments

• FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    I'll post later, after I'm done with some meetings and Microsoft wrestling. But in the meantime: I had posted this hint in the past-
    FairwoodStudios;4507695 said:
    1) Something only done once in RBN (far as I know) is going to be done three times.

I'll give away the hint: it has to do with one of our two latest announcements ("Desconocido" by Leche de Tigre and "Haben Haben Haben" by Dampfmaschine).
  • edited September 2011
    Offbeat is excited to announce that Harmony of the Spheres by the amazing Jake Dreyer will be going into PT next week on RBN. While still many weeks from hitting the store, it will give you some time to buy an extra guitar controller - because this song will likely melt the one you have...

http://www.myspace.com/jakedreyerguitar/music/songs/harmony-of-the-spheres-82179173
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited September 2011
    Our second announcement of the day is that we're working with metal act Strikken to bring four of their hard hitting tracks into Rock Band! (What you didn't think we were done with metal bands did you? :P )

You can find them here :

http://www.facebook.com/strikken?sk=app_2405167945

Hop on there and you can find more info on the band and listen to the songs we're going to be bringing to the game.

More announcements coming soon!
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    OffbeatEntertainment;4509874 said:
    Offbeat is excited to announce that Harmony of the Spheres by the amazing Jake Dreyer will be going into PT next week on RBN. While still many weeks from hitting the store, it will give you some time to buy an extra guitar controller - because this song will likely melt the one you have...

http://www.myspace.com/jakedreyerguitar/music/songs/harmony-of-the-spheres-82179173

Haven't been this excited for an instrumental since Steve Vai. That was pretty awesome.
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4509898 said:
    Our second announcement of the day is that we're working with metal act Strikken to bring four of their hard hitting tracks into Rock Band! (What you didn't think we were done with metal bands did you? :P )

You can find them here :

http://www.facebook.com/strikken?sk=app_2405167945

Hop on there and you can find more info on the band and listen to the songs we're going to be bringing to the game.

More announcements coming soon!

And even though it's yet even more metal, this is a bit more like it. Listening to Forever In Lies now and it's great.
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited September 2011
    fun fact: noble gets home from work, comes online and goes "hey guys, this band STRIKKEN just sent me an email about working with us, out of nowhere, i never contacted them, but they're really excited, and they're ready to send me the stems right now"
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited September 2011
    We’re still prepping our announcements (getting videos uploaded and stuff), so we’re gonna announce things sporadically throughout the day. One announcement is set though; at 7:00 Central (8:00 Eastern), we will unveil a very special project that took a few weeks to get done that I think people will really like. It isn’t a metal song, but it’s metal-ish, and it's nothing too new…that’s all I’ll say about it. All of our other announcements are also not metal songs (sorry metalheads), although we’re working on some of those for a later date. We will be announcing some really fun things though.

I guess I can post a potential contest avenue though. I’ve recently been taken on by The Entertainment Lounge podcast as the Music Guy, and I might use that podcast to hold RBN-related giveaways in the future. I don’t wanna clog this thread with details though, so I posted more at the CTA thread.

Also, while not a new song announcement, we did just find out that Daryle Stephen Ackerman's "Run Away With Me" just passed Peer Review. It's an easy song, but it's a notable one for us because we authored rhythm guitar to keys. It actually translated really well. It won't kill your fingers, but it will give the keys player something to do in the song, and makes up for the fact that there are no drums.
  • TheAuthorityClintonTheAuthorityClinton Opening Act
    edited September 2011
    Here is a hint from The Authority
    Adrien Brody, Adrien Brody, Adrien Brody, Adrien Brody, Adrien Brody, Adrien Brody, Adrien Brody, Adrien Brody
    Adrien Brody, Adrien Brody, Adrien Brody, Adrien Brody, Adrien Brody, Adrien Brody, Adrien Brody, Adrien Brody

Adrien Brody
    Adrien Brody
    Adrien Brody
  • JTHomesliceJTHomeslice Unsigned
    edited September 2011
    theauthorityclinton;4510004 said:
    here is a hint from the authority

AlL OF MY MONEY
  • edited September 2011
    This thread is a life saver after the worst DLC announcement ever. Those 2 songs in the OP are great and i will be looking out for them.
  • toymachineSHtoymachineSH Headliner
    edited September 2011
    We are the Storm
    HNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG
    not by The Dillinger Escape Plan
    nm
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4509740 said:

Ok, you got my attention. Now less posting and more charting :p
    edited September 2011
    Hey guys first contest!

We've heard the cries of too many guitarist and drum contests and we've listened!

This one is for the vocalists!

http://www.rockband.com/battles/oh-say-can-you-scream-battle-1/view

Winner will get a copy of Halcyon Way's Building the Tower CD!
    edited September 2011
    Alright, let's do this thing.

First, a reminder about our announcement from earlier in the month: the first Latin track in Rock Band, "Desconocido" by Leche de Tigre.

But of course you want new stuff. And in our persistent quest to hit on new genres, we've taken on a quartet from Leeds to provide our first R&B/Soul/Funk material. So we can announce that "Soul Candy" and "Keep on Running from My Love" from Danny and the Lost Souls will be making their way to the Network.

Next one has a humorous story. He started making music using GHTunes. Original music, not just low-fi metal covers. Obviously that method is... more than a bit limited, so he took his ideas to proper electronic music tools, added some layers and meat to the tracks, and now he releases under the name Lockdown. We'll be bringing "Haunting the Dead" to the Network very soon.

And as for the hints.... we're already working with Redfield Records to bring you "Haben Haben Haben" by Dampfmaschine, RBN's first German-language track. But there's a different German-language group that I know many people would rather we got instead. So we got them. Courtesy of Redfield Records, deathcore group We Butter The Bread With Butter will bring two songs to RBN: "13 Wünsche" and "Superföhn Bananendate", both off their latest album "Der Tag an dem die Welt unterging".

As for the second hint... guess we have to wait until next month. ;)
  • CJHobbesCJHobbes Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    This thread........is one of the most awesome things to come into existence.

So much awesome music, so little time. We need all these tracks, stat!

*bookmarks*
    edited September 2011
    Running From My Love will be a day 1 buy for sure.

And Haunting the Dead is just begging for some high-pitched, growly-ish voice (ala Dio) singing some uber cheesy lyrics to make it truly awesome. As it stands now, it's a maybe.
    edited September 2011
    Holy sh-.....

WBTBWB came out of f***ing nowhere. Reminds me of a slightly less insane iwrestledabearonce. Has that same sort of stupid charm. Do freaking want!
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited September 2011
    FairwoodStudios;4510063 said:
    But of course you want new stuff. And in our persistent quest to hit on new genres, we've taken on a quartet from Leeds to provide our first R&B/Soul/Funk material. So we can announce that "Soul Candy" and "Keep on Running from My Love" from Danny and the Lost Souls will be making their way to the Network.

Awesome. Looking forward to these.
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited September 2011
    Some good stuff on A West Side Fabrication. As everyone knows, Sweden is home to some of the best indie-pop acts in the world.
  • Backbeat60-62Backbeat60-62 Rising Star
    edited September 2011
    More rock music is welcome, can't wait to sample and see how different these songs might sound.
    edited September 2011
    Our friends at Alt-strum sent me this to post today :

Alt strum is happy to announce we'll be working with Streetz on Fire to bring some of their over the top music to Rock Band via Rock Band Network!

You can check the band out here :
    http://www.facebook.com/StreetzOnFireVA?sk=app_2405167945

Streetz on Fire was created in 2007 as an idea by David Braxton and Zach Brown. They both had a love for rock music, electronic music as well as a respect Hip-Hop and Rap. During the early years of Streetz on Fire David and Zach played in various successful rock bands in the Hampton Roads area, both toured the country and tirelessly worked to achieve their dreams as touring musicians. As time passed both realized they had something with their "idea" and received much acclaim in their local area with their over the top live shows and strong subject matter. Deciding to take Streetz on Fire to the next level they recorded an EP which was mixed by Mark Padgett of MAE that has launched them to the forefront in the electronic/rap community. Months later they a short film with Mark Garcia entitled 11:34 that dives into the world of spirituality and coming to grips with doing whatever one may have to do achieve their dreams. Shortly after they recorded a 5 song EP called "The Repetition Of Nightlife" with Jesse Cannon (Man Overboard, Hot Rod Circuit, The Misfits, The Dillinger Escape Plan). With "The Repetition of Nightlife" Braxton and Brown hope to fuse the cultures of electronic, rock, and hip-hop music together to build something unstoppable. In 2012 they have no intent on slowing down with new releases and videos on the horizon.

Look for more announcements on specific songs in the near future!
  • ASPRonASPRon Opening Act
    edited September 2011
    Here is another announcement from ASP .

We will go the hint route for this one!

WWE - Hell in the Cell
    edited September 2011
    Bad man by John Cena?

>_>

:D
    edited September 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4510080 said:
    Running From My Love will be a day 1 buy for sure.

And Haunting the Dead is just begging for some high-pitched, growly-ish voice (ala Dio) singing some uber cheesy lyrics to make it truly awesome. As it stands now, it's a maybe.

There are vocals throughout, though they're pretty much following the keys and/or "guitar". Would be nice to have some over-the-top singing going on though, I agree.

And WBTBTB isn't out of nowhere, they're one of Redfield's biggest names! :P They were one of the first we shot for, but getting legal and engineering done went a little slow.
  • SpongyeSpongye Opening Act
    edited September 2011
    FairwoodStudios;4510063 said:
    Alright, let's do this thing.

First, a reminder about our announcement from earlier in the month: the first Latin track in Rock Band, "Desconocido" by Leche de Tigre.

Next one has a humorous story. He started making music using GHTunes. Original music, not just low-fi metal covers. Obviously that method is... more than a bit limited, so he took his ideas to proper electronic music tools, added some layers and meat to the tracks, and now he releases under the name Lockdown. We'll be bringing "Haunting the Dead" to the Network very soon.

And as for the hints.... we're already working with Redfield Records to bring you "Haben Haben Haben" by Dampfmaschine, RBN's first German-language track. But there's a different German-language group that I know many people would rather we got instead. So we got them. Courtesy of Redfield Records, deathcore group We Butter The Bread With Butter will bring two songs to RBN: "13 Wünsche" and "Superföhn Bananendate", both off their latest album "Der Tag an dem die Welt unterging".

As for the second hint... guess we have to wait until next month. ;)

...We Butter The Bread With Butter?!
    just....what??
    I forgot these guys existed! Kinda wish it was stuff from their older album though. :p
    edited September 2011
    Did you guys say you wanted a contest? Boy have we got one for you!

Now this one is going to start exactly two weeks from today on Friday October 14th.

First the bad news :

To win this contest you'll have to prove your mettle on guitar in a TAG "Endless set list" featuring THIRTY of our songs in one play list!

Thirty songs you say? THIRTY?!? Yep 30. BUT the spoils that go to the victor will be well worth going through the set list.

First up :

You'll get a signed copy of Rishloo's "Feathergun" album, a signed Rishloo poster, a limited edition very RARE signed Halcyon Way poster, a copy of Halcyon Way's "Building the Tower" CD, CYNIC “Traced in Air”. THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN “Option Paralysis”, AND SEPTICFLESH “Communion" CDs!

What?

You say that's not enough? Ok how about an early pre release (meaning you'll have it before it even goes on sale to the public!) copy of Halcyon Way's newest CD Indoctrination!

WHAT? Still not enough?

Good god people....ok then how about a set of drum sticks for your rock band drum set, some drum tape, AND a cooler with an ipod dock!

Surely that's enough....No?!?! You want more?!?

Ok last thing. I mean it.

The winner of this contest will also receive one FENDER PRO GUITAR AND A MIDI ADAPTER FOR THE XBOX 360.

Yeah you read that right. That Pro guitar that everyone wants and no one can find because it's no longer in production? All you have to do is win this contest and it's yours.

Along with all that other stuff.

Oh and since you twisted our arm we'll throw in 3200 ms points to get your new pro guitar Rock Band collection started.

We told you we'd be announcing the contest to end all contests and we meant it.

Oh what's that? How do you win?

Well that's the easy part. You don't have to be first place, or tenth place, all you have to do is log in a score on the leader boards for this battle during the week it's up.

A winner will be picked at random from all the leader board scores.

So for you guys that don't think you're good enough to win a contest because there's better players out there, then this is THE contest for you.

We'll post details when the contest officially starts, but we thought everyone should start practicing their guitar on TAG songs to get ready!
    edited September 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4510225 said:
    Did you guys say you wanted a contest? Boy have we got one for you!

Now this one is going to start exactly two weeks from today on Friday October 14th.

First the bad news :

To win this contest you'll have to prove your mettle on guitar in a TAG "Endless set list" featuring THIRTY of our songs in one play list!

Thirty songs you say? THIRTY?!? Yep 30. BUT the spoils that go to the victor will be well worth going through the set list.

First up :

You'll get a signed copy of Rishloo's "Feathergun" album, a signed Rishloo poster, a limited edition very RARE signed Halcyon Way poster, a copy of Halcyon Way's "Building the Tower" CD, CYNIC “Traced in Air”. THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN “Option Paralysis”, AND SEPTICFLESH “Communion" CDs!

What?

You say that's not enough? Ok how about an early pre release (meaning you'll have it before it even goes on sale to the public!) copy of Halcyon Way's newest CD Indoctrination!

WHAT? Still not enough?

Good god people....ok then how about a set of drum sticks for your rock band drum set, some drum tape, AND a cooler with an ipod dock!

Surely that's enough....No?!?! You want more?!?

Ok last thing. I mean it.

The winner of this contest will also receive one FENDER PRO GUITAR AND A MIDI ADAPTER FOR THE XBOX 360.

Yeah you read that right. That Pro guitar that everyone wants and no one can find because it's no longer in production? All you have to do is win this contest and it's yours.

Along with all that other stuff.

Oh and since you twisted our arm we'll throw in 3200 ms points to get your new pro guitar Rock Band collection started.

We told you we'd be announcing the contest to end all contests and we meant it.

Oh what's that? How do you win?

Well that's the easy part. You don't have to be first place, or tenth place, all you have to do is log in a score on the leader boards for this battle during the week it's up.

A winner will be picked at random from all the leader board scores.

So for you guys that don't think you're good enough to win a contest because there's better players out there, then this is THE contest for you.

We'll post details when the contest officially starts, but we thought everyone should start practicing their guitar on TAG songs to get ready!

Umm.....
    edited September 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4510234 said:

I told you guys we weren't joking around with this contest!

I'll get some glue for your head :)
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited September 2011
    I'm finally working on new music again. Doing it solo instead though, so it might take longer. In the meantime I'm thinking I might add keys and maybe re-do the clean backing vocals on "Stereo Stereo". We'll see how that goes.

Also considering that contest that I promised but never did...
  • ASPRonASPRon Opening Act
    edited September 2011
    Not the band we hinted before heres another band we will be bringing to the game!

(Hint - WWE Hell in the Cell)

http://youtu.be/m_wSvc5mijc

Malcolm Rivers – six guys from Muenster/Germany play music somewhere between Hardcore, Metal and Electronica.

And they do so since 2008, when guitar player Jan started looking for like-minded musicians to play Hardcore without blinkers. Looking back, it seems only consequential that the first to answer his ad saying “looking for vocals, bass, guitar and drums” was a keyboard player. This set the course for everything that followed: While they might not reinvent the wheel with each song, they still try to cover the whole spectrum Hardcore offers und to write original and positive songs that reach and move their listeners. Having gone through the obligatory to and fro that every new band experiences, Malcolm Rivers found a stable line-up in mid-2009. Two weeks later, they played their first show, and after a few months they entered the studio to record their debut EP, which was released in 2011. Later that year, guitar player Andre left the band to focus his energy on his most recent project: being a father. He was replaced by Till, a friend of the band who had already filled in for Andre at some previous shows.

Malcolm Rivers are not your typical run-of-the-mill Hardcore band. While the songs are deeply rooted in that genre, they try to overcome its limitations by incorporating elements from various neighbouring (and sometimes even not-quite-so-neighbouring) genres. Despite the multitude of musical sources, Malcolm Rivers’ songs maintain their unmistakeable identity – just like Malcolm Rivers, the schizophrenic protagonist from the movie “Identity” does by incorporating many personalities into one – albeit murderous – character.

Malcolm Rivers’ unique style manifests itself on their first, self-produced EP, which so far has garnered positive reviews in a number of print and online zines. Apparently, the EP has been reviewed by people with open minds and a wide conception of what Hardcore can and should sound like. Thus encouraged, Malcolm Rivers currently gear up for their first full-length album by doing what in their eyes constitutes being a band: They write new songs, develop their style and play just the kind of music they want to play - somewhere between Hardcore, Metal and Electronica.
  • kitlerckitlerc Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    That's one way to promote your songs. How many people will buy all thirty songs to enter this contest?