I feel left out..

HerdULiekHerdULiek Unsigned
edited October 2011 in The Rock Band Network
okay im not gonna whine to much since i dont like whiners myself.

But i feel a little left out since i live in Norway, we dont get pro instruments... and we cant get the RBN songs when you at least play on 360.. dunno if there is more threads like these, but im just wondering if you are ever going to release the pro instruments... or make it available RBN for the rest of the world?

thanks for reading, and sorry if there is 100 threads like this on the forum. :)

Comments

• ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited October 2011
    I'm not sure about the pro instruments, but on Rock Band Network, that is a Microsoft limitation.

Now there is a work around to get the rock band network content.

Just make a US gamer tag, and then you can download the US RBN content. Since all of the content downloaded by your US gamer tag can be used by your original gamer tag you should be good to go with RBN content.

Now of course in the future MS might find some way to block overseas accounts from using gamer tag locations that are not from their native countries, (and you might lose any content downloaded using this alt account IF that ever happens), but for the time being this is a work around that a lot of gamers are using.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    Don't get a US gamertag, or you'll need American Microsoft Points to purchase songs.

Create an UK, Germany, France etc. account (any XNA-supported EU country), and you'll be able to use your regular points.

Same goes with the pro istruments, just order them from amazon.co.uk or any other British shop you prefer.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited October 2011
    Well there you go :)

Didn't realize there was a different MS points system used for different parts of the world.

Seems like digital space buxx should be the same no matter where you are but I guess not!
  • HerdULiekHerdULiek Unsigned
    edited October 2011
    amazone wont ship to Norway :( but ill try that UK account thing :) but still why cant they release the pro instruments in Norway? just wondering
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    HerdULiek;4511626 said:
    why cant they release the pro instruments in Norway? just wondering
    I live in Germany and even I had to import the Mustang pro from amazon.co.uk because they're quasi non-existent here. Norway is only 1/16 as big as Germany (in population), so the marketing would probably too expensive for such a tiny market, when they can't even distribute them in Europe's biggest country :/
    edited October 2011
    hmm seems like i cant change my account to UK.. the only once i can see is: Cestina, South Afrika, Chile, colombia, Magyarorsz
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited October 2011
    you would have to create a new XBL account with a UK address and everything. it can download songs and stuff as a silver account so you dont have to pay anything to do this, and as long as the account is signed in on your xbox, your main account can play the songs the other one downloaded

EDIT: it looks like you tried to migrate your gamertag, which only works for some countries?
    edited October 2011
    Zemanator;4511684 said:
    you would have to create a new XBL account with a UK address and everything. it can download songs and stuff as a silver account so you dont have to pay anything to do this, and as long as the account is signed in on your xbox, your main account can play the songs the other one downloaded

EDIT: it looks like you tried to migrate your gamertag, which only works for some countries?

yeah thats what i tried... but ill try the other thing later then.. anyway thanks
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited October 2011
    HerdULiek;4511686 said:
    yeah thats what i tried... but ill try the other thing later then.. anyway thanks

i actually know canadians who have american gamertags and use american points for RB songs. because of the exchange rates, you pay 20$ canadian for 1400 canadian points, or ~18.50$ canadian for 1600 american points....

so, it takes some time to set things up for you, and you have to swap accounts back and forth.. but, its worth it
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited October 2011
    Zemanator;4511684 said:
    and as long as the account is signed in on your xbox, your main account can play the songs the other one downloaded

you can actually play them without being signed in on that profile as long as your playing on the xbox you originally downloaded the content on.
  • MileycyrussouljaMileycyrussoulja Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    Yeah, I have a Wii and really wish i could play some RBN2.0 stuff.