Songs DeferredGalaxy3 has authored.

DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
edited October 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Ok, Maybe the title is a little misleading... it's Songs DeferredGalaxy3 has authored OR HELPED AUTHOR.

I have joined DLCQuickPlay and AGLSolutions to help release songs, and I have fun authoring songs, for I have done this many times before on Frets on Fire. The following are the songs I charted or helped charted or is in the middle of charting.

SONGS I HAVE 100% CHARTED:
[NONE]

SONGS I HAVE HELPED CHART:
[NONE]

SONGS I AM WORKING ON:
The Main Thing by Nathaniel Whitlock [Playtesting V1]

...And more to come... ;)

PS I will give links to the title if it is available online, links to the author's name if they have at least one song released on RBN, already, and links to the song in the RB catalog when it is released.

Comments

• atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited October 2011
    I sure have been seeing a lot of Nathaniel Whitlock stuff lately. Sounds just like the little melodies I made on garageband years ago for fun. Though I didn't expect anyone to put time, effort, and money into them..
  • DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
    edited October 2011
    atalkingfish;4511783 said:
    I sure have been seeing a lot of Nathaniel Whitlock stuff lately. Sounds just like the little melodies I made on garageband years ago for fun. Though I didn't expect anyone to put time, effort, and money into them..

Yeah, I have been doing a lot of that... I decided that I did enough, though. After this one gets released, I am going to lay off my songs, and put some effort into other people's songs. That's why I wanted to become an authoring group, or part of one. I want to do more with Rock Band than... My stuff. I felt like I was kind of begging for attention... Plus The next two songs I will release will be my last Garage Band projects, for I am moving on to Logic Pro. It's a lot more "Get the sound I want" than Garageband.
    edited October 2011
    DeferredGalaxy3;4511801 said:
    Yeah, I have been doing a lot of that... I decided that I did enough, though. After this one gets released, I am going to lay off my songs, and put some effort into other people's songs. That's why I wanted to become an authoring group, or part of one. I want to do more with Rock Band than... My stuff. I felt like I was kind of begging for attention... Plus The next two songs I will release will be my last Garage Band projects, for I am moving on to Logic Pro. It's a lot more "Get the sound I want" than Garageband.

If you want to get the sound you want, I suggest recording actual instruments.

And that wasn't meant to be an offensive statement, I'm being genuine.

Anyways, I see where you are with the authoring. Frankly, to be honest, I think I'd be a great author. Unfortunately, authoring songs on a mac is not really that easy.
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited October 2011
    atalkingfish;4511859 said:

Frankly, to be honest, I think I'd be a great author. Unfortunately, authoring songs on a mac is not really that easy.

TAG has 3 authors that use a mac.. it's not that bad, really, it just has some unfortunate limitations
    edited October 2011
    Zemanator;4511878 said:
    TAG has 3 authors that use a mac.. it's not that bad, really, it just has some unfortunate limitations

If I understand correctly, the newest authoring program that is used isn't supported on a mac? (I'm unfamiliar with the names)
    edited October 2011
    atalkingfish;4511968 said:
    If I understand correctly, the newest authoring program that is used isn't supported on a mac? (I'm unfamiliar with the names)

reaper? just asked, and two of them use the newest version of reaper.. I could be uninformed, but it should be fine for you. the only thing you wouldn't get are the preview windows I think..
    edited October 2011
    atalkingfish;4511859 said:
    If you want to get the sound you want, I suggest recording actual instruments.

And that wasn't meant to be an offensive statement, I'm being genuine.

Anyways, I see where you are with the authoring. Frankly, to be honest, I think I'd be a great author. Unfortunately, authoring songs on a mac is not really that easy.

I have a Windows AND a Mac. And I plan on getting something that will let me plug my Guitar in to my Mac, so I can play it in.

I use my Mac for creation of music, and everything else on Windows.
    edited October 2011
    Isn't there a program that's better to use that came out around the time RBN2 started that's only supported on windows?

And DeferredGalaxy3, if you get a simple aux cord (one that looks like a headphone jack on both ends) and a small aux to amp adapter (do not know the exact name, but it's very small and has a female end for a simple aux cord and a male end for an amp-sized chord), you can easily plug your guitar straight into your mac through the input and use the amps on the newer versions of garageband. They are actually pretty good. You can get both of those parts at, like, a radioshack or something for probably less than $15 combined, as they are both very common and cheap components. I use that to record almost all of the parts to my songs, whether they be guitar, bass, or keyboard. (except I obviously don't use the amps for the keyboards)
    edited October 2011
    as far as I know, everyone uses reaper.. if another program did come out, then I dont know anyone who uses it
    edited October 2011
    atalkingfish;4512088 said:
    Isn't there a program that's better to use that came out around the time RBN2 started that's only supported on windows?

And DeferredGalaxy3, if you get a simple aux cord (one that looks like a headphone jack on both ends) and a small aux to amp adapter (do not know the exact name, but it's very small and has a female end for a simple aux cord and a male end for an amp-sized chord), you can easily plug your guitar straight into your mac through the input and use the amps on the newer versions of garageband. They are actually pretty good. You can get both of those parts at, like, a radioshack or something for probably less than $15 combined, as they are both very common and cheap components. I use that to record almost all of the parts to my songs, whether they be guitar, bass, or keyboard. (except I obviously don't use the amps for the keyboards)

Yeah, I think a quarter inch to aux would help. I mean, I do have a keyboard, bass, and guitar.

I also thought I could record my guitar's amp from my iRig mic, but that just gave me feed back. I guess the only real instruments I have ever used for recording was an acoustic guitar, piano (through midi), ukulele, and banjo. I noticed the only difference between those, and the guitar and bass, was that the guitar and bass uses amps.

I'll look that up about the quarter inch-to-aux.
    edited October 2011
    DeferredGalaxy3;4512098 said:

I use the opposite of that (female aux, male quarter inch) because I use an aux/aux cord. If you had a quarter inch/quarter inch cord, though, that would work just as well.

I would recommend buying online, though, since they're so easy to find at a normal store.
  • TylerFGTylerFG Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    If you want help with drums/backing vocals on any of your future songs, I'd be happy to. I'm actually a really good drummer.
  • machetemonkeymachetemonkey Opening Act
    edited October 2011
    I'm one of TAG's mac-using authors right here.

You can use Reaper pretty easily with a Mac. There are a couple limitations, but nothing I've come across as important during my authoring.

I assume the program you guys are all thinking of is Magma. Magma won't run on macs, and therefore it's pretty much impossible to playtest/audition without a PC. However, it's entirely possible to author with Reaper on a Mac.
    edited October 2011
    Working on a new song...