Best Songs You Can Buy For 80MSP/$1

I see a lot of people asking for price sorting options for those times when they have only enough for a $1 song, so i thought that it would be a good idea to start a thread so you can find the best songs for $1.

So here is a list in alphabetical order:
A Talking Fish - Cheesy Pop Song
Video Preview
Genre: Novelty
Tiers:
Guitar - 6
Bass - 3
Drums - 4
Vocals - 3
Keys - 3
Pro-Keys - 5

Great song for harmonies and has super crazy fun pro-keys. As if i have to tell you A Talking Fish is a forum regular who made this great song and put it on the RBN. Best line from the song: "Its been 3 years since I had a hug"

A Wilhelm Scream - Skid Rock
Video Preview
Genre: Hardcore Punk
Tiers:
Guitar - 5
Vocals - 3
Drums - 5
Bass - 5
Band - 6

This track has a high tempo and very active instrumentation throughout while having a unique sound for the Rock Band Network. The charts are accurate without detracting from quality and playability. Plainly put, people looking for a challenge will enjoy this song
Added by: AskariNari

Blackberry Wednesday - Hey I
video preview
Genre: Rock
Available on the PS3
Tiers:
Guitar - 3
Vocals - 2
Drums - 3
Bass - 2
Band - 3

Notes: Fairly simple on everything, but guitarists can enjoy the song's 3 solos. A great, driving rock song with nice guitar work and a powerful chorus that vocalists should enjoy.
Added by: PowerGamer990

Bloom - Fight For Greatness
video preview
Genre: Indie Rock
Available on the PS3
Tiers:
Guitar - 5
Bass - 1
Drums - 4
Vocals - 3
Keys - 3
Pro-Keys - 4

Notes: Great fun on everything but bass. The guitar solo is beautiful and the ending drum beat is amazing. If you don't have this song yet you need to buy it now!

The Buffalo Joe Band - Our Time
video preview
Genre: Classic Rock
Tiers:
Guitar - 3
Bass - 1
Drums - 2
Vocals - 3
Keys - 3
Pro-Keys - 4

Its not often that the RBN gets classic rock. This song is amazing on pro-keys and guitar is pretty cool too. The lyrics always give me a chuckle also.

Dance for the Dying - Echo
video preview
Genre: Pop Rock
Tiers:
Guitar - 2
Bass - 3
Drums - 2
Vocals - 2
Keys - 1
Pro-Keys - 1

Notes: Catchy pop rock song with a Metric kind of vibe. Very simple on everything but it's a fun song.

Danny and the Lost Souls - Soul Candy
video preview
Genre: R&B/Soul/Funk
Tiers:
Guitar - 1
Bass - 2
Drums - 3
Vocals - 4
Keys - 3
Pro-Keys - 4

Really cool funk song. Strong keys and bass (as is expected of a funk song).

dbSoundworks - The Battle Of Lil' Slugger
Video preview
Genre: Electronic
Available on the PS3
Tiers:
Guitar - 6
Keys - 3
Drums - 6
Bass - 4
Band - 5

Notes: A very fun track. It starts off pretty soft and (seemingly) uninteresting, but the track slowly builds into an awesome Guitar solo. The rest of the tracks might not be the most complex, but they are still a blast to play, especially drums.
My wholehearted recommendation.
Added by: TubaDude49

Death of the Cool - Everything I Hate About Myself
video preview
Tiers:
Guitar - 4
Bass - 4
Drums - 4
Vocals - 3
Keys - 2
Pro-Keys - 2

Just listen to the guitar solo and you should instantly recognize this song from the menus. It is incredibly satisfying to finally play this song after being teased with it for almost 2 years. the guitar and bass are a blast with all those fun hopos and the keys aren't bad either i haven't gotten a chance to try the drums but it looks like a fun challenging chart.

Eden's Curse ft. James LaBrie
video preview
Genre: Progressive
Tiers:
Guitar - 5
Bass - 2
Drums - 4
Vocals - 3
Keys - 5
Pro-Keys - 6

THOSE KEYS!!!!!! Also it's featuring James LaBrie, the lead singer of Dream Theater!
Freezepop - Doppelganger
video preview
Genre: New Wave
Available on the PS3
Tiers:
Guitar - 3
Bass - 3
Drums - 3
Vocals - 2
Keys - 3
Pro-Keys - 3

Notes: Freezepop is one of the HMX bands that has been on every game with bonus songs. The song is super catchy and is very fun but simple on pro-keys.

Galileo - We Are the Storm
video preview
Tiers:
Guitar - 3
Bass - 1
Drums - 4
Vocals - 2
Keys - 1
Pro-Keys - 3

Great indie rock track that keeps you busy on all instruments.

The Giraffes - Done
video preview
Tiers:
Guitar - 5
Vocals - 2
Drums - 4
Bass - 4
Band - 5

Notes: It's an RBN 1.0 song, but it's very fun on guitar and bass. Lots of HOPO chains and a challenging solo on guitar.
Added by: Bohemian Matt

Halfbrick Studios - Pirates 'Till We Die
No video preview (if you have one let me know)
Genre: Metal
Tiers:
Guitar - 5
Bass - 4
Drums - 5
Vocals - 2
Keys - 2
Pro-Keys - 4

Notes: The song is from the XBLA game Raskulls but the song stands alone and is very enjoyable without ever having played the game. It is a dopey cheesy novelty song about being a pirate. Its very fun on everything.

Honest Bob and the Factory-to-Dealer Incentives - Hey
video preview (guitar only, if anyone has full band let me know)
Tiers:
Guitar - 1
Bass - 1
Drums - 1
Vocals - 1

Notes: This was one of GH1's bonus songs so any fan of that game will need this in their collection. Its very simple on everything but it is also a very catchy fun song.

Honest Bob and the Factory-to-Dealer Incentives - Soy Bomb
video preview
Available on the PS3
Tiers:
Guitar - 2
Bass - 3
Drums - 3

Notes: One of the better instrumentals available on the RBN and one of the few surf rock songs. It was also a bonus song in GH2 so. like Hey, if you were a fan of that game this is a must have for your collection.

Kiev - Crooked Strings
Video preview
Genre: Alternative
Available on the PS3
Tiers:
Guitar - 5
Vocals - 4
Drums - 5
Bass - 4
Band - 5

Notes: This is still in my top 5 or so RBN songs. Unfortunately too early to have pro drums, but standard drums and all other instruments are still fantastic.
Added by: Oscarvarium

Kill The Alarm - No More Excuses
Video Preview (no keys, if anyone has a vid with all 5 instruments please let me know)
Tiers:
Guitar - 2
Bass - 1
Drums - 3
Vocals - 4
Keys - 1
Pro-Keys - 2

Sounds like some 90's alt. Very similar sound to Goo Goo Dolls and Matchbox 20. Not crazy hard by any means (although the keys can be tricky). I know alot of people have been wanting this kind of music from HMX for a while and while its not the same as Iris or 3AM it is still awesome.

Kylie D. Hart - Leave Me Be
video preview
Genre: Country
Tiers:
Guitar - 3
Bass - 0
Drums - 1
Vocals - 2
Keys - 1
Pro-Keys - 1

Notes: Fun simple song. Keys have a bit of a wait before they come in but all in all its a fun song.

Marillion - Whatever Is Wrong With You
video preview (only show drums. If anyone has a full band video let me know)
Available on the PS3
Tiers:
Guitar - 3
Bass - 2
Drums - 4
Vocals - 2

Notes: An oldie (it was one of the first RBN 1.0 songs) but a goodie from a band that is in my personal top three of favorite bands of all time. Nothing above tier four if I recall correctly, but it has a nice varied guitar track with a gorgeous Rothery solo at the end, and drums, bass and vocals all fall into the 'not too hard, but still a lot of fun' category as well. All in all a great warm-up track.
Added by: Der_Lex

The Motion Sick - 30 Lives
video preview
Tiers:
Guitar - 2
Bass - 2
Drums - 1
Vocals - 1
Keys - 1
Pro-Keys - 1

Notes: The keys in the chorus are alt charted to the horns to add a little variety to the chart. Its a great song for beginner pro-keys players.

Moving Picture Show - A Bridge Will Burn
video preview (only show G/B/D/V if anyone has one with everything let me know)
Genre: Pop/Rock
Tiers:
Guitar - 3
Bass - 3
Drums - 5
Vocals - 4
Keys - 3
Pro-Keys - 5

Notes: The keys chart is similar to Dream Police's.

Richard Campbell - England Rock Anthems
video preview (only shows G/B/D if anyone has full band let me know)
Tiers:
Guitar - 3
Bass - 2
Drums - 5
Vocals - 0
Keys - 1
Pro-Keys - 1

Notes: although technically not an instrumental I think its safe to call it one. The keys only last for the first 15 seconds or so and the vocals is just the occasional talkie, but it has a great guitar, drum, and even bass chart.

Rose of Jericho - Buried Cold (RB3 Version)
video preview
Available on the PS3
Tiers:
Guitar - 2
Bass - 1
Drums - 4
Vocals - 5
Keys - 3
Pro-keys - 3

Notes: Featured as the first song in the RBN Megamix now with pro-drums, keys, and Harmonies. Its a great song with awesome guitar. keys are mostly only in the chorus so its not the funnest but waiting for keys to kick in goes quick while listening to such a great song.

Rose of Jericho - Midnight Eyes
video preview
Available on the PS3
Tiers:
Guitar - 1
Bass - 0
Drums - 1
Vocals - 3
Keys - 3
Pro-Keys - 4

Notes: This song is kind of a ballad so its mostly for keys and vocals. The keys are fun and challenging, good luck on the 4 note chords at the end. Really not much for the other instruments.

Stagehands - Now or Never
video preview
Tiers:
Guitar - 3
Bass - 3
Drums - 4
Vocals - 3
Keys - 3
Pro-keys - 3

Notes: This song is great on vocal harmonies (if you can get 2 people to sing it with you). The keys stop about 1/3 of the way into the song but they come back for the final 3rd.

Swound! - In My Head
video preview
Tiers:
Guitar - 0
Bass - 0
Drums - 0
Vocals - 0
Keys - 0
Pro-Keys - 0

Sounds like Pinkerton era Weezer if they were British. Not hard by any definition but no boring either (except for the keys that have to wait a few minutes before coming in). The charts aren't the seller here but this song is just so cool i don't care what I'm playing.

Ultra Saturday - Zombies!! (Coming Out Tonight)
video preview
Genre: Punk
Available on the PS3
Tiers:
Guitar - 2
Bass - 2
Drums - 3
Vocals - 1
Keys - 2
Pro-Keys - 3

Notes: 2 great key solos and a guitar solo make this one of the best 80 point songs available on the RBN. Drums and bass are great as well.

Wrong Side of Dawn - The Grinder's Tale
Video Preview
Tiers:
Guitar - 5
Bass - 5
Drums - 5
Vocals - 4
Keys - 6
Pro-Keys - 6

With its 2 guitar solos and 2 key solos and its 7 minute length you know this song will be awesome. I thought it sounded very familiar but i just can't place it. The vocals sound similar to REM.

Vangough - Estranger
video preview (only shows G/B/D/V if anyone has a full band vid let me know)
Tiers:
Guitar - 2
Bass - 3
Drums - 4
Vocals - 3
Keys - 4
Pro-Keys - 4

Notes: Comparable to Dream Theater. This prog song is an epic with a great set of charts.

Van Friscia - Epic Symphony in A Flat Minor, Third Movement: Zero Hour
video preview
Available on the PS3
Tiers:
Guitar - 5
Bass - 4
Drums - 5
Keys - 6
Pro-Keys - 6

Notes: This song might not have any vocals, but it's one of the most fun songs I know on just about every other instrument. The keys part is hard but not impossible, and incredibly varied, and there are some great noodling guitar solos in there as well.
Added by: Der_Lex

Let me know what i can do to improve the list and if i missed your favorite song(s) tell me so in the comments. Add why you think it rocks and i'll add it and give you credit for it.

Comments

• edited October 2011
    DragoonXD;4511802 said:
    I sense a lack of songs without keys.

Well the songs i used are ones i bought. If you know of something fun without keys let me know and i'll add it.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    MagicMurderBag7;4511804 said:
    Much like legacy DLC i think people are weary of buying them.
    They're only $1 anyways.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited October 2011
    Cool thread. Once I get Xbox, I'll be all over this. Good way to see chart difficulty, genre and extra info on the song without looking too far.
  • edited October 2011
    TubaDude49;4511812 said:
    They're only $1 anyways.

Fair enough. Like i said let me know why they belong on the list and i will add them. Don't just spam lists of songs you like.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited October 2011
    Well I listed those songs because they are generally pretty exciting on all instruments (except for maybe mine :P). It's cool to see a lot of the punk stuff in the store at only $1
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited October 2011
    Creatures ov Deception is only a dollar... And it's like... one of the bestest things ever :D

But a RB3 version is coming out for it, so yeah.
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited October 2011
    Kiev - Crooked Strings
    Video preview
    Tiers:
    Guitar - 5
    Vocals - 4
    Drums - 5
    Bass - 4
    Band - 5

This is still in my top 5 or so RBN songs. Unfortunately too early to have pro drums, but standard drums and all other instruments are still fantastic.
  • edited October 2011
    Oscarvarium;4511842 said:
    Kiev - Crooked Strings
    Video preview
    Tiers:
    Guitar - 5
    Vocals - 4
    Drums - 5
    Bass - 4
    Band - 5

This is still in my top 5 or so RBN songs. Unfortunately too early to have pro drums, but standard drums and all other instruments are still fantastic.

Thank you for writing it all out. I'll add it now.
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited October 2011
    "Done" - The Giraffes
    Rock
    Tiers:
    Guitar - 5
    Vocals - 2
    Drums - 4
    Bass - 4
    Band - 5

It's an RBN 1.0 song, but it's very fun on guitar and bass. Lots of HOPO chains and a challenging solo on guitar.

"Swim" - Surfer Blood
    Tiers:
    Guitar - 1
    Vocals - 1
    Drums - 2
    Bass - 1
    Band - 0

"Floating Vibes" - Surfer Blood
    Tiers:
    Guitar - 1
    Vocals - 0
    Drums - 2
    Bass - 2
    Band - 0

These are also RBN 1.0 songs but I believe they have Pro drums. Simple but very fun, catchy indie-rock style songs. Quickly becoming some of my favorites.
  • PowerGamer990PowerGamer990 Opening Act
    edited October 2011
    Hey I - Blackberry Wednesday
    video preview
    Tiers:
    Guitar - 3
    Vocals - 2
    Drums - 3
    Bass - 2
    Band - 3

Fairly simple on everything, but guitarists can enjoy the song's 3 solos. A great, driving rock song with nice guitar work and a powerful chorus that vocalists should enjoy.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    dbSoundworks - "The Battle Of Lil' Slugger"
    Video preview
    Genre: Electronic
    Tiers:
    Guitar - 6
    Keys - 3
    Drums - 6
    Bass - 4
    Band - 5

A very fun track. It starts off pretty soft and (seemingly) uninteresting, but the track slowly builds into an awesome Guitar solo. The rest of the tracks might not be the most complex, but they are still a blast to play, especially drums.
    My wholehearted recommendation.
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited October 2011
    MagicMurderBag7;4511847 said:
    Thank you for writing it all out. I'll add it now.

No problem, I would add the other two Kiev songs but it would be a bit spammy. I still think Crooked Strings is the best of the three although it is the only one without pro drums.
  • edited October 2011
    Adding db and Blackberry

if its not to much trouble BohemianMatt, could you list the tiers and genre the way that i have them in the OP. It would make it much easier for me to add.
    edited October 2011
    TubaDude49;4511796 said:
    All of the $1 Bang Camaro songs are really fun on Guitar, I love Flogging Molly's "Drunken Lullabies" and "Requiem for A Dying Song" musically and gameplay wise, and "The Battle of Lil' Slugger" by dbSoundworks has grown on me lately
    I vouch for Drunken Lullabies. I hate the title of the song, but it's really sweet :D

Rainbowdragoneyes - "Creatures ov Deception"
    Video preview
    Genre: Other
    Tiers:
    Guitar - 5
    Vocals - 2
    Drums - 5
    Bass - 4
    Band - 6

It's awesome. All there needs to be said about it.
    Rock Band 3 version is coming out soon, but it's still technically a dollar and still technically worth the purchase at the time of writing :D
    (The video preview doesn't have the whole song, just the Authoring preview of it. I couldn't find a full band play of the full song. If that's a problem, then sorry)
  • edited October 2011
    Cipher_Peon;4511873 said:
    I vouch for Drunken Lullabies. I hate the title of the song, but it's really sweet :D

Rainbowdragoneyes - "Creatures ov Deception"
    Video preview
    Genre: Other
    Tiers:
    Guitar - 5
    Vocals - 2
    Drums - 5
    Bass - 4
    Band - 6

It's awesome. All there needs to be said about it.
    Rock Band 3 version is coming out soon, but it's still technically a dollar and still technically worth the purchase at the time of writing :D
    (The video preview doesn't have the whole song, just the Authoring preview of it. I couldn't find a full band play of the full song. If that's a problem, then sorry)
    I would add it but if a RB3 version is on the way then i don't want to recommend getting one with less features.
    edited October 2011
    Totally understandable! :D
  • AskariNariAskariNari Rising Star
    edited October 2011
    A Wilhelm Scream - Skid Rock
    Video Preview
    Genre: Hardcore Punk
    Tiers:
    Guitar - 5
    Vocals - 3
    Drums - 5
    Bass - 5
    Band - 6

This track has a high tempo and very active instrumentation throughout while having a unique sound for the Rock Band Network. The charts are accurate without detracting from quality and playability. Plainly put, people looking for a challenge will enjoy this song.
  • edited October 2011
    Sorry guys, no time to look up tiers, but here's two that I had to mention:

Van Friscia - "Epic Symphony in A Flat Minor, Third Movement: Zero Hour"

This song might not have any vocals, but it's one of the most fun songs I know on just about every other instrument. The keys part is hard but not impossible, and incredibly varied, and there are some great noodling guitar solos in there as well.

Marillion - "Whatever Is Wrong With You"

An oldie (it was one of the first RBN 1.0 songs) but a goodie from a band that is in my personal top three of favorite bands of all time. Nothing above tier four if I recall correctly, but it has a nice varied guitar track with a gorgeous Rothery solo at the end, and drums, bass and vocals all fall into the 'not too hard, but still a lot of fun' category as well. All in all a great warm-up track.
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited October 2011
    MagicMurderBag7;4511871 said:
    Adding db and Blackberry

if its not to much trouble BohemianMatt, could you list the tiers and genre the way that i have them in the OP. It would make it much easier for me to add.

OK.
  • edited October 2011
    Added all but the Surfer Blood songs.
    I need two separate "Notes"

Also if you are going to recommend RBN1 songs try to let me know if they have proper pro-drums or not.

Edit: I added PS3 availability. Super surprised to find that neither Freezepop song made it over.
  • AskariNariAskariNari Rising Star
    edited October 2011
    MagicMurderBag7;4511967 said:
    Also if you are going to recommend RBN1 songs try to let me know if they have proper pro-drums or not.

A Wilhelm Scream - Skid Rock has pro drums, so you can add a note to it.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited October 2011
    I find your lack of Hangman disturbing. Great song that's fun and just challenging enough on guitar/bass. I don't know about drums.

Here's a video
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    Done by Giraffes and both Surfers Blood songs have pro drums.
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    well, the third movement from Van Friscia really dissapointed me, i was hopping for something more epic, when i first heard the first movement i was like WHAAT, the second movement was even more epic than the first one, so i was really hyped about the third one, but when i played i was a little dissapointed, i dunno, it was like he tryied to mix the rhytm and/or sounds from the first two and slowing down the tempo of the songs.. IMO
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    I liked the Third Movement much better than the Second on drums.
  • edited January 2012
    I finally got around to adding a few more:

A Talking Fish - Cheesy Pop Song
    Video Preview
    Genre: Novelty
    Tiers:
    Guitar - 6
    Bass - 3
    Drums - 4
    Vocals - 3
    Keys - 3
    Pro-Keys - 5

Great song for harmonies and has super crazy fun pro-keys. As if i have to tell you A Talking Fish is a forum regular who made this great song and put it on the RBN. Best line from the song: "Its been 3 years since I had a hug"

Kill The Alarm - No More Excuses
    Video Preview (no keys, if anyone has a vid with all 5 instruments please let me know)
    Tiers:
    Guitar - 2
    Bass - 1
    Drums - 3
    Vocals - 4
    Keys - 1
    Pro-Keys - 2

Sounds like some 90's alt. Very similar sound to Goo Goo Dolls and Matchbox 20. Not crazy hard by any means (although the keys can be tricky). I know alot of people have been wanting this kind of music from HMX for a while and while its not the same as Iris or 3AM it is still awesome.

Wrong Side of Dawn - The Grinder's Tale
    Video Preview
    Tiers:
    Guitar - 5
    Bass - 5
    Drums - 5
    Vocals - 4
    Keys - 6
    Pro-Keys - 6

With its 2 guitar solos and 2 key solos and its 7 minute length you know this song will be awesome. I thought it sounded very familiar but i just can't place it. The vocals sound similar to REM.
  • --Tay----Tay-- Opening Act
    edited January 2012
    You need to include the band Cold Steel. Love these guys. Two songs available : "Forgotten Tragedy" RBN1 and "Inside" RBN2
  • cwilburcwilbur Opening Act
    edited January 2012
    I'd recommend Dark Beat - The Black Beverly Heels

The drums are fun, and on the choruses where the keys get going I think it has an awesome kinda early-80's Blue Oyster Cult vibe going on.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited January 2012
    I recommend "Twenty One" by Oh My! Good song.
  • edited January 2012
    TheStuddz;4611451 said:
    I recommend "Twenty One" by Oh My! Good song.

Ive been meaning to look into that.

Edit: No keys means I wont be buying but if you want to write up why its awesome then I will add it to the OP.