So i played Lego Rockband yesterday and its AWSOME

Ryuna1Ryuna1 Unsigned
edited November 2011 in LEGO: Rock Band
i love the game its pretty awsome, i love the lil stories some of the songs have...

Comments

• Ryuna1Ryuna1 Unsigned
    edited October 2011
    rkbdgurl;4514164 said:
    I confess I bought Lego Rockband as a track-pack and have never played it through. I've even given it as a gift ...hmmm...now I'm wondering what I've been missing... gonna have to play it. This should be fun!

you totally should its a awsome game i love it, its like rockband 2 but better. its funny i first started playing rockband 2 i kept saying i need a ****** mode (had a hard time at easy at first) and lego rockband had a super easy lvl hahahahaha. i play on medium now tho. i can 4 start almost any song and i am working on 5 staring em but not much luck so far. but the story so far is good and fun.
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited October 2011
    Lego:RB had the best story mode and it was fun customizing all the band-related stuff. I was sincerely hoping some of the band-centric elements would port over to RB3, but very little did. :(
  • machetemonkeymachetemonkey Opening Act
    edited October 2011
    Lego: Rock Band was a game I really enjoyed (and still do).

It never took itself too seriously, it had a great tracklist that mixed legitimate indie/alternative/classic rock songs with a great selection of "guilty pleasure" tracks, and had the best wacky story ever (Lego Queen gets abducted by aliens; Lego rock band has to save the day?).

Also, Lego Spinal Tap. As soon as I saw that, my love for the game basically tripled.
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    I don't think any of the "kids" in our family have played through it either....I'm feeling a Lego Rockband party coming on.....hmmm.
  • wafflerevolutionwafflerevolution Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    it's got more gameplay than RB3 that's for sure, I too loved it.
  • thatdrummerguythatdrummerguy Rising Star
    edited October 2011
    It was a great game. It had a good story and a great setlist. The customization was cool too.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited October 2011
    It really was a good game. The cutscenes were hilarious. But The Final Countdown needs keyboards. Lots of songs do. And harmonies. RB3 versions. Other than Queen and Bon Jovi.
  • nuttzo31nuttzo31 Opening Act
    edited October 2011
    I started a new band in lego rb yesterday and i forgot how funny the cut scenes are.Especially the audition part at the beginning where the metal head vocalist does a death growl and gets booted off stage.Anyone who hasn't played it because they think its just for kids are missing out on a great game.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited October 2011
    Enjoyed it as well. Didn't enjoy drumming Monster for the first time and not expecting what that song has in it.
    The story and action scenes are pretty cool though.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited October 2011
    TheStuddz;4517037 said:
    It really was a good game. The challenges were hilarious. But The Final Contdown needs keyboards. Lots of songs do. And harmonies. RB3 versions. Other than Queen and Bon Jovi.

People are going to hate me, but a Europe pack with Final Countdown upgraded? :D
    edited October 2011
    In response to the above quote from me, I meant Countdown, not Contdown. And the cutscenes were hilarious. Th challenges were cool, but not necessarily funny.
    edited October 2011
    Dangimarocker;4517555 said:
    People are going to hate me, but a Europe pack with Final Countdown upgraded? :D

And no. ;) But I would love a L:RB upgrade pack.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2011
    Dangimarocker;4517555 said:
    Long as I get Cherokee.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited October 2011
    Half the game needs RB3 versions.
    edited October 2011
    dog037;4517806 said:
    Half the game needs RB3 versions.

I second this statement.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2011
    The whole game needs it. As does every song that could benefit from it.
    edited October 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4517985 said:
    The whole game needs it. As does every song that could benefit from it.

Harmonix should stop releasing new music, and just relicense all of the old music for RB3 versions.

(waits for people to tell me why I'm wrong and stupid)
  • mikeytsmikeyts Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    TheStuddz;4518003 said:
    Harmonix should stop releasing new music, and just relicense all of the old music for RB3 versions.

(waits for people to tell me why I'm wrong and stupid)
    Okay--you're wrong and stupid :D.
    edited October 2011
    mikeyts;4518013 said:
    Okay--you're wrong and stupid :D.

I said they would tell me why I'm wrong and stupid. So who's wrong and stupid now? ;)
    edited October 2011
    TheStuddz;4518021 said:
    I said they would tell me why I'm wrong and stupid. So who's wrong and stupid now? ;)
    You're right--I didn't read that closely enough. Sorry :).

You're obviously wrong because my guess is that most RB3 players own those old songs in the original version, having purchased the older games if only to use them as track packs. HMX has published a handful of RB3 Versions of popular songs and I'm sure that they have a read on how well more of them will sell. There were a number of complaints by people who felt that they should get the RB3 version at a discount since they owned the originals already (you just can't win :rolleyes:). I can't imagine that they'll sell better than new songs.

I would never call anyone stupid :D.
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    I actually did start playing it today...it's been a long time since I stepped away from "quickplay" to actually get into a story. I'm so glad I did, because it's very entertaining. Made me laugh and was kind of like sitting down with a good book.
    I can't wait to see where it's gonna take me next. Fun!
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited October 2011
    I haven't got the game yet. But it's good to know it's worth actually playing rather than exporting and then returning.
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited October 2011
    LiveHomeVideo;4519119 said:
    I haven't got the game yet. But it's good to know it's worth actually playing rather than exporting and then returning.

You've never lived until you have played Ghostbusters on Lego Rock Band.
    edited October 2011
    LiveHomeVideo;4519119 said:
    ...exporting and then returning.
    If you're talking about buying it new, exporting the tracks using its one-time-use code and returning it as new then it's sad that you're willing to publically admit that you'd do that, particularly since you can get a new copy of it for so little ($8, $11 and $12 right now at Amazon for Xbox, PS3 and Wii, respectively).
    edited October 2011
    mikeyts;4519240 said:
    If you're talking about buying it new, exporting the tracks using its one-time-use code and returning it as new then it's sad that you're willing to publically admit that you'd do that, particularly since you can get a new copy of it for so little.

In my area, I'm practically the only one who plays Rock Band online. I could just easily get a used copy and it'll still work 80% of the time here. I've done it with the Classic Rock Pack and AC/DC.
    edited October 2011
    LiveHomeVideo;4519242 said:
    In my area, I'm practically the only one who plays Rock Band online. I could just easily get a used copy and it'll still work 80% of the time here. I've done it with the Classic Rock Pack and AC/DC.
    That's a little bit better, so long as the next person to buy it knows that it's used and that the export code may have been used already.

I don't understand what playing RB online has to do with it. I don't play online and I bought it primarily to export the tracks (and still own my copy).
    edited October 2011
    mikeyts;4519246 said:
    That's a little bit better, so long as the next person to buy it knows that it's used and that the export code may have been used already.

I don't understand what playing RB online has to do with it. I don't play online and I bought it primarily to export the tracks (and still own my copy).

I'm the only one in town who would get DLC and export and such. Seriously, when I brought RB3 to a party, everyone was like "WTF did you get so many songs?" and such. They don't even know you can export the game's songs.
  • Ryuna1Ryuna1 Unsigned
    edited October 2011
    i dont play online but i do buy songs. tho some of my songs from rb2 dident show up on lego rb. im almost done with story mode gunna go bak and 5 star every thing. will be pretty challenging.
  • frankummsfrankumms Opening Act
    edited October 2011
    The story that this game had really got my hopes up for RB3. I thought they would be smart and re-do this story in a more "T" rated fashion. The lego cut-scenes and characters are the best, but i thought this could easily be replicated to RB3. I was hoping the whole record and album/have a band room type customization would also carry over, o well.

If they are going to make a new rock band anytime soon, I honestly have to say that thier best bet would be to make a Lego RB 2, and then make some sort of death metal track pack to keep people happy.

Lego RB 2, with a killer set and all the fun and customization of the first, would sell like hot cakes
    edited October 2011
    Ryuna1;4519518 said:
    i dont play online but i do buy songs. tho some of my songs from rb2 dident show up on lego rb.
    Lego RB is ratings sensitive and won't play anything that's not rated "Family Friendly" (currently 759 of 3198 available tracks, 23.7%).