So i played Lego Rockband yesterday and its AWSOME

Ryuna1Ryuna1 Unsigned
edited November 2011 in LEGO: Rock Band
i love the game its pretty awsome, i love the lil stories some of the songs have...

Comments

  • edited October 2011
    It is a fun playthrough.

    Many people bought Lego as a track-pack and I think they missed out a lil'.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2011
    Doc_SoCal;4513192 said:
    It is a fun playthrough.

    Many people bought Lego as a track-pack and I think they missed out a lil'.
    I did a nice middle-group where I had my friend buy it, played through it at his house, and then took his export.
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited October 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4513333 said:
    I did a nice middle-group where I had my friend buy it, played through it at his house, and then took his export.

    Dude... well played.
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    I confess I bought Lego Rockband as a track-pack and have never played it through. I've even given it as a gift ...hmmm...now I'm wondering what I've been missing... gonna have to play it. This should be fun!
  • Ryuna1Ryuna1 Unsigned
    edited October 2011
    rkbdgurl;4514164 said:
    I confess I bought Lego Rockband as a track-pack and have never played it through. I've even given it as a gift ...hmmm...now I'm wondering what I've been missing... gonna have to play it. This should be fun!

    you totally should its a awsome game i love it, its like rockband 2 but better. its funny i first started playing rockband 2 i kept saying i need a ****** mode (had a hard time at easy at first) and lego rockband had a super easy lvl hahahahaha. i play on medium now tho. i can 4 start almost any song and i am working on 5 staring em but not much luck so far. but the story so far is good and fun.
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited October 2011
    Lego:RB had the best story mode and it was fun customizing all the band-related stuff. I was sincerely hoping some of the band-centric elements would port over to RB3, but very little did. :(
  • machetemonkeymachetemonkey Opening Act
    edited October 2011
    Lego: Rock Band was a game I really enjoyed (and still do).

    It never took itself too seriously, it had a great tracklist that mixed legitimate indie/alternative/classic rock songs with a great selection of "guilty pleasure" tracks, and had the best wacky story ever (Lego Queen gets abducted by aliens; Lego rock band has to save the day?).


    Also, Lego Spinal Tap. As soon as I saw that, my love for the game basically tripled.
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    I don't think any of the "kids" in our family have played through it either....I'm feeling a Lego Rockband party coming on.....hmmm.
  • wafflerevolutionwafflerevolution Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    it's got more gameplay than RB3 that's for sure, I too loved it.
  • thatdrummerguythatdrummerguy Rising Star
    edited October 2011
    It was a great game. It had a good story and a great setlist. The customization was cool too.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited October 2011
    It really was a good game. The cutscenes were hilarious. But The Final Countdown needs keyboards. Lots of songs do. And harmonies. RB3 versions. Other than Queen and Bon Jovi.
  • nuttzo31nuttzo31 Opening Act
    edited October 2011
    I started a new band in lego rb yesterday and i forgot how funny the cut scenes are.Especially the audition part at the beginning where the metal head vocalist does a death growl and gets booted off stage.Anyone who hasn't played it because they think its just for kids are missing out on a great game.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited October 2011
    Enjoyed it as well. Didn't enjoy drumming Monster for the first time and not expecting what that song has in it.
    The story and action scenes are pretty cool though.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited October 2011
    TheStuddz;4517037 said:
    It really was a good game. The challenges were hilarious. But The Final Contdown needs keyboards. Lots of songs do. And harmonies. RB3 versions. Other than Queen and Bon Jovi.

    People are going to hate me, but a Europe pack with Final Countdown upgraded? :D
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited October 2011
    In response to the above quote from me, I meant Countdown, not Contdown. And the cutscenes were hilarious. Th challenges were cool, but not necessarily funny.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited October 2011
    Dangimarocker;4517555 said:
    People are going to hate me, but a Europe pack with Final Countdown upgraded? :D

    And no. ;) But I would love a L:RB upgrade pack.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2011
    Dangimarocker;4517555 said:
    People are going to hate me, but a Europe pack with Final Countdown upgraded? :D
    Long as I get Cherokee.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited October 2011
    Half the game needs RB3 versions.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited October 2011
    dog037;4517806 said:
    Half the game needs RB3 versions.

    I second this statement.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2011
    The whole game needs it. As does every song that could benefit from it.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited October 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4517985 said:
    The whole game needs it. As does every song that could benefit from it.

    Harmonix should stop releasing new music, and just relicense all of the old music for RB3 versions.

    (waits for people to tell me why I'm wrong and stupid)
  • mikeytsmikeyts Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    TheStuddz;4518003 said:
    Harmonix should stop releasing new music, and just relicense all of the old music for RB3 versions.

    (waits for people to tell me why I'm wrong and stupid)
    Okay--you're wrong and stupid :D.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited October 2011
    mikeyts;4518013 said:
    Okay--you're wrong and stupid :D.

    I said they would tell me why I'm wrong and stupid. So who's wrong and stupid now? ;)
  • mikeytsmikeyts Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    TheStuddz;4518021 said:
    I said they would tell me why I'm wrong and stupid. So who's wrong and stupid now? ;)
    You're right--I didn't read that closely enough. Sorry :).

    You're obviously wrong because my guess is that most RB3 players own those old songs in the original version, having purchased the older games if only to use them as track packs. HMX has published a handful of RB3 Versions of popular songs and I'm sure that they have a read on how well more of them will sell. There were a number of complaints by people who felt that they should get the RB3 version at a discount since they owned the originals already (you just can't win :rolleyes:). I can't imagine that they'll sell better than new songs.

    I would never call anyone stupid :D.
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    I actually did start playing it today...it's been a long time since I stepped away from "quickplay" to actually get into a story. I'm so glad I did, because it's very entertaining. Made me laugh and was kind of like sitting down with a good book.
    I can't wait to see where it's gonna take me next. Fun!
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited October 2011
    I haven't got the game yet. But it's good to know it's worth actually playing rather than exporting and then returning.
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited October 2011
    LiveHomeVideo;4519119 said:
    I haven't got the game yet. But it's good to know it's worth actually playing rather than exporting and then returning.

    You've never lived until you have played Ghostbusters on Lego Rock Band.
  • mikeytsmikeyts Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    LiveHomeVideo;4519119 said:
    ...exporting and then returning.
    If you're talking about buying it new, exporting the tracks using its one-time-use code and returning it as new then it's sad that you're willing to publically admit that you'd do that, particularly since you can get a new copy of it for so little ($8, $11 and $12 right now at Amazon for Xbox, PS3 and Wii, respectively).
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited October 2011
    mikeyts;4519240 said:
    If you're talking about buying it new, exporting the tracks using its one-time-use code and returning it as new then it's sad that you're willing to publically admit that you'd do that, particularly since you can get a new copy of it for so little.

    In my area, I'm practically the only one who plays Rock Band online. I could just easily get a used copy and it'll still work 80% of the time here. I've done it with the Classic Rock Pack and AC/DC.
  • mikeytsmikeyts Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    LiveHomeVideo;4519242 said:
    In my area, I'm practically the only one who plays Rock Band online. I could just easily get a used copy and it'll still work 80% of the time here. I've done it with the Classic Rock Pack and AC/DC.
    That's a little bit better, so long as the next person to buy it knows that it's used and that the export code may have been used already.

    I don't understand what playing RB online has to do with it. I don't play online and I bought it primarily to export the tracks (and still own my copy).
Sign In or Register to comment.