I think the subtitle of this forum could be misleading.

AskariNariAskariNari Rising Star
edited October 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Chat with creators, authors and play testers about Rock Band's user generated content initiative!

Someone who doesn't really have a clue as to what the RBN is could read this and think that this is a forum specifically for talking to HMX, which is porbably why there are so many random request hreads asking HMX to bring random bands to the game (specifically artists on a major label) and why in the threads like the PS3 request thread people request artists that aren't even on the RBN.

Someone should try to think of some way to clarify that this is for the forum for independent authoring groups and their released content, not the "direct to HMX communication" forum.

Comments

• HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited October 2011
    AskariNari;4513207 said:
    Chat with creators, authors and play testers about Rock Band's user generated content initiative!

...Someone should try to think of some way to clarify that this is for the forum for independent authoring groups and their released content, not the "direct to HMX communication" forum.

We sort of hoped "user generated content" would tip people off. However, if you have a better suggestion, we're listening.
  • jawillroyjawillroy Rising Star
    edited October 2011
    Some suggestions:

The Rock Band Network:

Holy hopping heck, listen to all this awesome music! NOT JUST MET
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited October 2011
    The Rock Band Network :

Non-Harmonix created DLC so awesome that it will punch your brain in the face.
  • ShoTTySLanKiNShoTTySLanKiN Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    [QUOTE=jawillroy;4514490]Some suggestions:

The Rock Band Network:

Holy hopping heck, listen to all this awesome music! NOT JUST MET
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited October 2011
    Rock Band Network: Music Created By the Fans, for the Fans.
    edited October 2011
    folkeye;4514513 said:

Weeeeelll.

The music's by the artists, respectively; while many are fans of something, only the most narcissistic of them are fans of their own music.

The charting's sometimes done by the artists, and sometimes done by charting companies. Sometimes they're fans, too, and that's nice, especially considering their upside on these things.

I suppose it's fair to say that all the above are doing it for the fans. After all, there's not really enough cash changing hands, except with the biggest sellers, for anyone to be seriously doing it for the money. I think that most of them do it because putting all these songs in the game is, well, awesome.

So maybe this works better: Rock Band Network: Awesome Music HMX Would Have Overlooked So We Charted It, Awesomely, For $ and LULZ.
  • The FriskThe Frisk Opening Act
    edited October 2011
    folkeye;4514513 said:
    If they go with this, people who read it may think this is where you can get customs similar to the gh ones where you just need an mp3 and some spare time, which would lead to people complaining "OMG, WHY IS ARTIST X, OR SONG Y NOT AVAILABLE!"
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    jawillroy;4514566 said:
    We Charted It, Awesomely
    That's not always the case...
    edited October 2011
    DragoonXD;4514572 said:
    That's not always the case...

Psshh. Sure; sometimes airlines crash in flames, killing everybody, but when they advertise they don't say "United Airlines: Fly The Friendly Skies With Only 1 Chance in 5.4 Million That You'll End Up Dying In Burning, Twisted Aluminum."

You want the subtitle to be accurate? how about:

Rock Band Network:

Platform Slapfights, Why Can't I Get RBN In Tajikistan, Misplaced Request Threads, WTF Is RBN I Don't Even, and Stickies? TL;DR
  • CJHobbesCJHobbes Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    Rock Band Network
    Serving 1 thousand [strikethrough]burgers[/strikethrough] songs and counting.

Rock Band Network
    Are you going to keep that dollar?

Rock Band Network
    Donuts or music, we supply one with reckless abandon.

Rock Band Network
    Feeding starving musicians since 2009. Help a good cause, buy some songs.
    edited October 2011
    cjhobbes;4514609 said:
    rock band network
    are you going to keep that dollar?

applause
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    CJHobbes;4514609 said:
    Rock Band Network
    Feeding starving musicians since 2009. Help a good cause, buy some songs.
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited October 2011
    jawillroy;4514566 said:
    Rock Band Network: Awesome Music HMX Would Have Overlooked So We Charted It, Awesomely, For $ and LULZ.

While I personally rather like it, I'm insufficiently sneaky to get that one past Community without a Stealth-Boy, and then no one would post here any more.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2011
    Amberian Dawn Network: Not bad for a fat kid.
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited October 2011
    HMXLachesis;4515283 said:
    While I personally rather like it, I'm insufficiently sneaky to get that one past Community without a Stealth-Boy, and then no one would post here any more.
    Lawful Good sucks.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited October 2011
    Rock Band Network: Where awesome music, deathcore and kids with no musical talent can all join together.

Rock Band Network: Not just metal anymore. With 20% more internet memes.

Rock Band Network: We're not HMX, so we can't get your damned Zeppelin!

Rock Band Network: You know, where all the metalcore comes from each week...
  • NumskullNumskull Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    folkeye;4515314 said:
    Lawful Good sucks.

Or, as my friend Maggy calls it, Lawful Stupid.