Bring Japanese metal/ maximum the hormone to rb3!!!!!!

grimmjow952grimmjow952 Unsigned
edited February 2012 in Your Ultimate Setlist
This thread isn't just for metal it's simply just for japanese music. I would buy all Maximum The Hormone, -OZ-, or Girugamesh dlc for Rb3. Please post your replys to get Japanese music on Rock band 3.

Comments

• superblah76superblah76 Unsigned
    edited October 2011
    KURENAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Live or studio, I don't care, it needs to be here.
  • bigtaxbigtax Unsigned
    edited October 2011
    Maximum the Hormone is ok,I'll give it a go
    and Dir's 2007 album The Marrow Of A Bone should also be considered.A great album.

The rest J-metal bands?Dude,do they even real?
  • grimmjow952grimmjow952 Unsigned
    edited October 2011
    Keep those posts coming. thanks for supporting Japanese music
  • superblah76superblah76 Unsigned
    edited October 2011
    grimmjow952;4519250 said:
    Keep those posts coming. thanks for supporting Japanese music

I support Japanese music because Japan (and Japanese music) is awesome. Once it stops being awesome, tell me so I can find a new country to like.
    edited October 2011
    superblah76;4519390 said:
    I support Japanese music because Japan (and Japanese music) is awesome. Once it stops being awesome, tell me so I can find a new country to like.

Japanese music will never stop being awsome. It will just get even better with time.
  • edited October 2011
    I would LOVE to see MTH but it may be a little hard for most people to sing....
    edited October 2011
    madhatter_twisted;4519844 said:
    I would LOVE to see MTH but it may be a little hard for most people to sing....

Mabey at first singing maximum the hormone songs would be difficult. But that applies with any song that you don't know the words to. I'm sure if you sang any of the songs enough times you would get use to singing them.
    edited October 2011
    Come on people is there no one else that wants japanese music on rockband?
  • Josh151Josh151 Unsigned
    edited October 2011
    I haven't heard of MTH, but I would love to see Melt-Banana or The Mad Capsule Markets on rock band.
  • raynebcraynebc Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    I would prefer Japanese rock and pop to metal in general.
    edited October 2011
    raynebc;4521033 said:
    I would prefer Japanese rock and pop to metal in general.

well, Just add the bands or songs of J-rock/pop that you want on rockband.
  • raynebcraynebc Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    A brief list of my favorites:
    Aikawa Nanase
    Aya Kamiki
    Ayumi Hamasaki
    Gackt
    Koda Kumi
    L'Arc en Ciel
    Masami Okui
    Nana Mizuki
    Utada Hikaru
    edited October 2011
    raynebc;4521301 said:
    A brief list of my favorites:
    Aikawa Nanase
    Aya Kamiki
    Ayumi Hamasaki
    Gackt
    Koda Kumi
    L'Arc en Ciel
    Masami Okui
    Nana Mizuki
    Utada Hikaru

Hopefully more people like you will come to this thread and post which J-music they want on rockband. Also, Thanks for your post.
    edited October 2011
    If you visit this thread, tell your friends or just anybody that wants J-music on rockband to visit this thread and add thier favorite bands or songs. Also, don't stop at that. Why not tell everybody why you think those bands or songs are so good to listen to. That is if you want to.
    edited October 2011
    I added links to Maximum The Hormone songs on the first page if you didn't see them. Check them out if you like nu-metal/pop/rock bands.
  • HeavyMetalKingHeavyMetalKing Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    I've been a big supporter of Japanese music since the beginning. A couple other artists that I don't remember seeing mentioned here:

Onmyouza (seriously, if you haven't heard of this guys, check them out.
    Blood Stain Child
    Kosaka Riyu
    Ayumi Hamasaki (fairly well known state-side, and some of her songs have decent guitar work). Sorry about the video; it was the best quality I could find for this song.
    edited October 2011
    Come on people I need you to post your votes on whether or not you want japanese music on rockband.
    edited October 2011
    Well, I guess I'm going to end this thread if I cant get anymore posts.
  • wafflerevolutionwafflerevolution Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    I too would like some of their music in the game... but HMX doesn't like foreign music, so it's doubtful it'll happen... I'm in your bandwagon for this project though.
  • BeastofNatureBeastofNature Unsigned
    edited October 2011
    grimmjow952;4521870 said:
    If you visit this thread, tell your friends or just anybody that wants J-music on rockband to visit this thread and add thier favorite bands or songs. Also, don't stop at that. Why not tell everybody why you think those bands or songs are so good to listen to. That is if you want to.

I like your determination. I have tried quite a bit of these techniques myself. I also took advice from some RBN authors on contacting artists (I contacted over 50 Japanese bands). I love all the bands mentioned here & contacted some of them as well. I have also requested artists but I admit contacting them via their websites (or MySpace, Facebook or other sites if contact page can't be fund) has become my favorite way because it let's the bands know we are interested.

I wanted to spread this idea to you because I can tell you are determined & is a true fan of Japanese music. I believe that the more who contact these bands the better as it will show them how much we love their music. Cool forum, you rock! Have a good one & Happy Halloween weekend ^_^

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention something... I offered up this link to the artists when I contacted them http://creators.rockband.com/ which is where artists can add their songs to the Rock Band Network for Rock Band. But after a RBN author told me where he sent a band that needed help, I realized that http://offbeat-entertainment.com/default.aspx is perhaps better since it's easier I think. Oh yeah, I also voted ^_^
    edited October 2011
    Thank you for your help BeastofNature. I hope your post will inspire others to do the same as you did. I hope others will use what you did to contact their favorite japanese band via their website and give them the link you offered up. Also, I will be providing the link just incase. Hopefully, The more people that do so will make japanese music have a better chance of being on rockband.

Also, anybody that visits this thread please post your vote. Oh yea, I almost forgot, Here is the link that you need to send to your favorite Japanese band http://offbeat-entertainment.com/default.aspx . This link will let the band know that they can make money off of putting their music on rockband. Which will probably be the key factor of them being interested in doing so.

P.S. I didn't repeate all of what BeastofNature said so you should read his post as well.
  • BeastofNatureBeastofNature Unsigned
    edited November 2011
    Your Welcome grimmjow952 & Thank You :)
  • tobbAddoltobbAddol Unsigned
    edited November 2011
    I never cared a lot about the "J-Rock"-genre. (Whatever that means...) But I'm quite a big fan of more classic Japanese Heavy Metal and hard rock acts like Loudness, Anthem, Earthshaker, Show-Ya and so on. I'd especially like to see Show-Ya in rock band. One of the most underrated hard rock bands ever imo. (At least here in the west.) And they're an all female band to boot. But then again it seems a bit unlikely they'll ever appear. :) Loudness on the other hand were pretty big in the west at some point in their career, so it doesn't seem like a stretch to include them. And I think a band like Anthem would fit really well in the Rock Band rooster since they're a band who just plays really kick ass heavy metal which is also quite listener freindly.
  • HeavyMetalKingHeavyMetalKing Road Warrior
    edited November 2011
    "J-rock" simply stands for Japanese Rock, and is just used to identify rock music that comes from Japan. It's not really it's own genre, although some people treat it like it is.
  • AshtrayHeartAshtrayHeart Rising Star
    edited November 2011
    If HMX were to bother getting anything by Maximum the Hormone, it would be What's Up People.

With that said, I say no. While I know my opinion is not a universal fact, I think that's one of the worst songs I've ever listened to (and I really like that band).
  • XusderXusder Unsigned
    edited November 2011
    I heavily support this. Especially since Drummania had some of thier songs (Rolling1000Toon and Zetsubo Billy), and they were epic on drums when I played them.

Zetsubo Billy especially, played it recently on DrumMania/GuitarFreaks V7. It was the "Long" version, meaning that it was the whole track, and I practically died when I scrolled across the song accidentally.

Played it (after figuring out the options for mirror mode, yes I'm a left handed drummer) and everything is there: Epic Drums, Awesome Guitar, Multiple Vocals, and Funky Bass. They have everything (aside from keys) that cements the fact that they are a good candidate for RB3 inclusion.
    edited November 2011
    I think "Zetsubou Billy" has as much of a chance as "What's Up People" too though...
    edited November 2011
  • tobbAddoltobbAddol Unsigned
    edited November 2011
    HeavyMetalKing;4537753 said:
    "J-rock" simply stands for Japanese Rock, and is just used to identify rock music that comes from Japan. It's not really it's own genre, although some people treat it like it is.

Yeah. I know. And it gets a bit annoying when people call everything that's rock and comes from Japan J-Rock and actually believes it's a specific genre. But I still think there's some similarities between the bands that get the genre slapped onto them. It's usually pretty melodic sounding and sometimes even pop-influenced rock and metal.
    edited November 2011
    Well hell yea, Finally some discussions on japanese music. Keep them coming.

Also, If your new to the thread atleast read the last 3 pages if not all pages to get the idea of what we're talking about.