Official "2 Million Likes" Facebook Artist Announcement Discussion

atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
edited November 2011 in Rock Band
Yeah! I'm in charge of the announcement thread! You will all read the following!...
hmxhenry;4515369 said:
Hey gang,

We've hit 2 million likes on the Rock Band Facebook page! Not only is this an epic milestone for our community, it also marks the finish line for an early DLC reveal that we've been teasing for the last few weeks.

Though we had initially announced it as a tiered reveal (i.e. announcing 4 artists if we hit by 9/19, 3 artists if we hit by 9/26, etc), you were all so supportive of the drive to 2 million likes and you generated so much awesome discussion that we're just going to go ahead and announce 4 artists anyway!

In the coming weeks and months, you can look forward to seeing DLC packs from the following artists:

Coldplay, a highly requested community favorite, will join RB for the very first time!
Breaking Benjamin will add more tracks, including a few key requests after their last pack
Stevie Wonder, another newcomer to RB, will delight keyboardists and dazzle the rest of the band with funk

Rounding out the 4 artist announcement, there's also a single coming from:

Dream Theater, one of the most challenging bands featured in RB, and a favorite among the hardcore

With these artists (and many more!) in the pipeline, we hope you guys are as excited about the upcoming DLC as we are. With over 200 consecutive weeks of DLC under our belts, it's great to see the community conversations, song recommendations and play through discussions remain constant over the course of the last 4 years. This is an amazingly supportive community and all of us here at Harmonix genuinely appreciate all the love you continue to give the Rock Band franchise.

Rock on!
Discuss!

(Also, I'm super excited for Dream Theater)

Comments

• Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    Nice list of bands there. Excited for Coldplay, Stevie and BB to a lesser extent. Never been a Dream Theatre fan though.
  • MileycyrussouljaMileycyrussoulja Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    I still can't believe it.
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited October 2011
    Re-posting here.

Meh, maybe a few for my 'list'. That thing'll have a good selection of stuff if I get excited about a RB game again (looking at you future unknown).
  • MourganDespanaMourganDespana Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    Hogan2000;4515407 said:
    What a disappointment bruther. Stevie Wonder is about the only good thing to come out of this announcement bruther. No floyd, No Zepplin, No more Metallica? Disgusted pal

Did you see my post about you in the other thread? I think you'd laugh
  • jeronemitchelljeronemitchell Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    I'm... whelmed.

Coldplay is the sort of group that I end up liking after hearing the songs, but not one I'm going to be super excited about.

Stevie Wonder has hits I love, but he has so many hits that odds aren't strong that one of the ones I immediately would love.

Dream Theater is just not my thing, and I'm unfamiliar with Breaking Benjamin one way or the other.

This could be great, and it could suck. I'm... whelmed.

Yes, I've been watching a lot of "Young Justice" lately.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2011
    LiveHomeVideo;4515408 said:
    Hey, atalkingfish. get writing that song about loving GNFfasdfasdfhfh or whatever it is.

Holy ****, I forgot about that. HA.
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    Hogan2000;4515407 said:
    What a disappointment bruther. Stevie Wonder is about the only good thing to come out of this announcement bruther. No floyd, No Zepplin, No more Metallica? Disgusted pal

You don't get to look at the announcement until 2012.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited October 2011
    Eh these are great bands, but none of them except Stevie are really my thing.
  • fcmleftyfcmlefty Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    I'm willing to bet that Dream Theatre Single = Pull Me Under.
  • drhansdrhans Unsigned
    edited October 2011
    Coldplay will definitely be fun and Stevie Wonder will rule completely (especially for a Keys dude like me).
  • PlutarchPlutarch Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    Coldplay - Very cool and long overdue

Breaking Benjamin - Not very interested myself but they are requested a lot so cool.

Stevie Wonder - One of those "classy" additions that I'm not sure will lead to great gameplay, but a nice get nonetheless.

Dream Theater - Awesome. Almost positive the song will be "Pull Me Under," but that's okay. Great to see them return.
  • striderblackstriderblack Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    Super excited for all of it, especially Dream Theater.

DT single has to be On the Backs of Angels - unless it comes out in a few months when they are releasing their second single off the new album. Could be that. If that's the case, almost guarantee it's "Build Me Up, Break Me Down."
    edited October 2011
    *reposting from other thread*

2/4 for me...

I'm half the man I used to be...

crap, wrong bands.
  • coolsnoopy97coolsnoopy97 Rising Star
    edited October 2011
    The only artist that I like, Dream Theater, is the only one that just gets a single? ARGH! Well, some Dream Theater is better than none. Still, I utterly loathe Coldplay, not a fan of Stevie Wonder, and would only bother with Breaking Benjamin if it was Blow Me Away.

So, somewhat a disappointment.
  • sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited October 2011
    I knew I was gonna be disappointed.... Oh well....
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited October 2011
    dog037;4515410 said:
    So did like everyone.

Then I should clarify this was the first time I've predicted them
  • Lone BulldogsLone Bulldogs Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    I'm excited for the Dream Theater single and maybe the Breaking Benjamin. I'll pass on everything else.
  • murphmurph Rising Star
    edited October 2011
    Hogan2000;4515407 said:

wow. never thought i'd say these words, but i agree with Hogan2000 100%. so much meh for so much hype.
  • KemirochKemiroch Opening Act
    edited October 2011
    Stevie Wonder will be a blast. Hope we at least get Superstition and Signed, Sealed, Delivered.

Grats to the Dream Theater fans! May we all get at least a single from the band we want most.

Dang I was hoping to get to cross off at least one band from my most wanted list ...
  • mec_osmec_os Opening Act
    edited October 2011
    i'm happy for stevie and coldplay - tho i don't like anything coldplay after their second album so i hope it's older stuff.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited October 2011
    DREAM THEATER!!!

YES!!!

YES!!!

Crap... now I have to write a song about GNF and Opening Acts....... Any authoring groups up for it?
    edited October 2011
    HeyRiles;4515433 said:
    Then I should clarify this was the first time I've predicted them
    THAT is impressive. I predicted them for RB3 disc, shortly-after-launch-DLC, and Mylo Xyloto promotion(which I finally nailed), along with a million other no-reason times.
    edited October 2011
    Okay, before my comments get misconstrued, I love the fact we are getting top flight artists. Hopefully, this is just the tip of the Iceberg.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited October 2011
    samjjones;4515403 said:
    I don't understand why Breaking Benjamin gets lumped into these "early announcement" types of deals. They are pretty average to me, and not worthy.
    I'm guessing they were one of the bands that was added to the announcement at the last minute.
    LiveHomeVideo;4515408 said:
    GNFfasdfasdfhfh or whatever it is.
    Fhqwhgads. It's short for fhqwhgadshgnsdhjsdbkhsdabkfabkveybvf.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited October 2011
    To an extent, I'm disappointed with the choices. However, knowing I'll probably be able to play Superstition, Pull Me Under and some if not all of the coldplay songs on GH (With possible pro upgrades) makes me happier. Will only buy Breaking Benjamin songs which have pro upgrades though.
    edited October 2011
    SirDavidTLynch;4515441 said:
    Fhqwhgads. It's short for fhqwhgadshgnsdhjsdbkhsdabkfabkveybvf.
    Thank you.
  • coolsnoopy97coolsnoopy97 Rising Star
    edited October 2011
    On the bright side, at least there's one band I like. That's better than the two months of total crap I've had to endure. So it could've been worse.

Bring on Pull Me Under! Or maybe Fatal Tragedy, Under a Glass Moon, or something else. Hell, I'm happy with any DT.
  • edited October 2011
    samjjones;4515403 said:
    I'll have to check out sales totals.

I don't understand why Breaking Benjamin gets lumped into these "early announcement" types of deals. They are pretty average to me, and not worthy.

The other artists are pretty close to "announcement" worthy, though. Stevie Wonder and Coldplay should be attractive to keys freaks. Both are good additions to the platform.

Wish there was a guitar heavy mega-band sprinkled in here, though.

Anyways, thanks to HMX for announcing early.

My guess is BB got subbed in for one of the bands that gets announced Friday, which was originally part of this announcement.

You also have to keep in mind that this announcement only features bands that are coming out in the relatively near future. There should be some stuff in the long term pipeline that's arguably even more epic than any of the bands mentioned here (no small feat, I know), but I guess HMX doesn't want another Texas Flood on its hands (that sounds so dirty and somehow makes me think of chili).

As a pro keys player, I'm pretty excited for both Coldplay and Stevie Wonder, though. And the Dream Theater week should be one of my favorite DLC weeks of the year. Good times.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited October 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4515439 said:
    THAT is impressive. I predicted them for RB3 disc, shortly-after-launch-DLC, and Mylo Xyloto promotion(which I finally nailed), along with a million other no-reason times.

Well, I think I predicted that Clocks or Yellow would be on disc. But I haven't made a DLC prediction for them
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited October 2011
    atalkingfish;4515438 said:
    DREAM THEATER!!!

YES!!!

YES!!!

Crap... now I have to write a song about GNF and Opening Acts....... Any authoring groups up for it?

I'll take that offer if you want ;)