Official "2 Million Likes" Facebook Artist Announcement Discussion

Comments

• edited October 2011
    samjjones;4515403 said:
    I'll have to check out sales totals.

I don't understand why Breaking Benjamin gets lumped into these "early announcement" types of deals. They are pretty average to me, and not worthy.

The other artists are pretty close to "announcement" worthy, though. Stevie Wonder and Coldplay should be attractive to keys freaks. Both are good additions to the platform.

Wish there was a guitar heavy mega-band sprinkled in here, though.

Anyways, thanks to HMX for announcing early.

My guess is BB got subbed in for one of the bands that gets announced Friday, which was originally part of this announcement.

You also have to keep in mind that this announcement only features bands that are coming out in the relatively near future. There should be some stuff in the long term pipeline that's arguably even more epic than any of the bands mentioned here (no small feat, I know), but I guess HMX doesn't want another Texas Flood on its hands (that sounds so dirty and somehow makes me think of chili).

As a pro keys player, I'm pretty excited for both Coldplay and Stevie Wonder, though. And the Dream Theater week should be one of my favorite DLC weeks of the year. Good times.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited October 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4515439 said:
    THAT is impressive. I predicted them for RB3 disc, shortly-after-launch-DLC, and Mylo Xyloto promotion(which I finally nailed), along with a million other no-reason times.

Well, I think I predicted that Clocks or Yellow would be on disc. But I haven't made a DLC prediction for them
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited October 2011
    atalkingfish;4515438 said:
    DREAM THEATER!!!

YES!!!

YES!!!

Crap... now I have to write a song about GNF and Opening Acts....... Any authoring groups up for it?

I'll take that offer if you want ;)
  • clarknovaclarknova Opening Act
    edited October 2011
    So I guess all those folks who didn't really care can now go unlike RB on FB. Viva bandwagon!
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2011
    atalkingfish;4515438 said:
    Crap... now I have to write a song about GNF and Opening Acts....... Any authoring groups up for it?
    Screen the song through me so I can verify pronunciation/spelling.
  • jjdude1jjdude1 Rising Star
    edited October 2011
    I'm pretty sure Breaking Benjamin and Dream Theater are the 2 bands that just got lumped in last minute after Slipknot and whatever we're getting for Tuesday. (I remember hmxhenry saying something about the announcement this friday was going to be seperate from these.)

Coldplay gets a 6 pack.
    Stevie gets a 4 pack.
    BB gets a 3 pack, and is released the same day as DT.

my prediction.

I'm sure we'll see "superstitious" by Stevie, "Pull Me Under" by DT, "Polyamorous" by BB, and for Coldplay.....they have enough hits. too many to count. I'm willing to bet we won't see "Viva la Vida" though
  • diieeegodiieeego Opening Act
    edited October 2011
    OMFG coldplay AND stevie wonder??!?! *drives around town setting things on fire and dances laughing histerically over the ashes*

i am EXCITED as f
  • GEROMYGEROMY Unsigned
    edited October 2011
    Stevie Wonder

yessssssssssssssssss

Rock Band needs more funk.

Would definitely buy Pull Me Under, although I think it would be a better idea to save it for RB4.
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited October 2011
    My opinions that I tried to write in the last thread but lost because it was closed:

Coldplay: I like Coldplay, but don't have any strong feelings about them. Should be fun on keys, and my friend is a huge fan.

Breaking Benjamin: After Linkin Park, they're the most nostalgic nu-metal band for me. Really cool.

Stevie Wonder: Great to see more funk. Hopefully we get more than Superstition.

Dream Theater: I'm not a huge fan, but they're always very fun to play. Sad to see only a single though... it better not be Pull Me Under.
  • RockBandand24FanaticRockBandand24Fanatic Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    Awesome!!!, wanted Coldplay for a Looooooooooong time, another sig band down. Hope its atleast a 6 pack, but it really should be more.
    Stevie Wonder is nice, will probably pick up all the songs that come out.
    BB is alright, got there pack, but I'm not to interested in any more.
    Dream Theater is okay, not a big fan, and I dont want to kill myself, so pass.

SO glad we're finally getting Coldplay. Now give us some BTO and ELO HMX!
  • EpidehlEpidehl Opening Act
    edited October 2011
    Will probably get the Coldplay, and maybe Stevie Wonder? I have this horrible feeling the the DT song is gonna be from their newest album which is... less than exciting.
  • Ruz-ElRuz-El Rising Star
    edited October 2011
    Not as special as I would of personally liked, only Stevie Wonder interests me, and not that greatly. It will really depend on the songs.

Awesome news for the fans of the bands of course.
  • JerkinatorJerkinator Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    Der_Lex;4515445 said:
    My guess is BB got subbed in for one of the bands that gets announced Friday, which was originally part of this announcement.

ONE of the bands announced Friday? So we're finally getting 2 or more artists again?!? :)
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    fcmlefty;4515425 said:
    I'm willing to bet that Dream Theatre Single = Pull Me Under.

Either that, As I Am or something off the new album.

Or if HMX is REALLY nice.....
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited October 2011
    Wow, in a dose of heavy irony I know all of the bands! o:
    But I only know 2 songs from Dream Theater (the one from RB2 and the one from WT, I find both pretty boring), none from Breaking Benjamin, none from Coldplay, and only 1 from Stevie Wonder (Superstition).
    I'll definitely pick up Superstition if it's one of the Stevie Wonder songs, but I don't know any other songs by these bands.
  • coolsnoopy97coolsnoopy97 Rising Star
    edited October 2011
    I really don't understand all the need for Coldplay. To me, they sound like a generic crappy untalented pop band. Why does everybody want them? Please enlighten me, how would their songs be any fun to play?
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited October 2011
    Be nice to know how many songs the artists will be getting as only DT got mentioned with a number. They didnt mention numbers for Elton John or Iggy Pop before when it came to announcements and people got dissapointed. Better when like last time they said "Soundgarden getting a six pack" etc.

Coldplay need at least a six pack effort... theyve got so many extremely popular songs anything less than that and maybe more in the pipeline would be a waste and this is from someone who doesnt own an Coldplay CD nor does he like Vocals/Keys
  • TuleRuneTuleRune Rising Star
    edited October 2011
    Meh.

If the Dream Theater track isn't Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence or Octavarium the an annnouncement is pointless.

Stevie Wonder. Euh. I predict people trying to play keys with their eyes closed.

Coldplay. If there isn't Life in Technicolour II then I have no opinion, with the small exception of Fix You which got played to death.

Breaking Benjamin is the highight for me here. They are one of the greatest post-grunge bands of the decade. Hopefully some older tracks like Polyamorous and You will be used, and of course Diary of Jane. (I expect Blow Me Away to be an Xbox exclusive song).

Damn hyping. If you're gonna do this, make sure you have announcements that would cause a forum explosion.
  • edited October 2011
    As a huge Dream Theater fan, I'm so glad to see they're still coming to DLC. My hope is that it's a rather deep cut song rather than a more popular one (Pull Me Under is popular, but rather boring).

Guessing either Ytse Jam or The Dance of Eternity.
  • jjdude1jjdude1 Rising Star
    edited October 2011
    Why do so many people hate Pull Me Under? It may not be their most "fun for plastic buttons" song, but it's a pretty great song, and it'll sell like hot cakes and lead to the inevitable HMX realizing they need more Dream Theater.

It's a good start.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited October 2011
    Coldplay: Probably going to be pretty boring

Stevie Wonder: TBA, can't think of any songs immediately

Dream Theater: Will be fun, at least. Not sure about quality of music

Breaking Benjamin: Should've been Taking Back Sunday for dem harmonies!
  • Shaun222Shaun222 Opening Act
    edited October 2011
    Stevie and Coldplay are definitely worthy of the announcement. Not too familiar with the other gruops, but congrats to all the fans that helped make this possible... and thanks to Harmonix for doing it as well.
  • LegendofRock3021LegendofRock3021 Nice Doggy
    edited October 2011
    It's great to finally see some Stevie Wonder in the game and that he's getting a pack. This is fantastic to say the least. Thanks for continuing to be awesome, Harmonix. :D
  • 3pic81ueUnicorn3pic81ueUnicorn Not Active Enough
    edited October 2011
    I'm happy about Stevie Wonder, Coldplay, and Dream Theater. I'm disappointed that Dream Theater only gets one song. Are you serious? What is this, Communist Russia?
  • DeadPlayerDeadPlayer Unsigned
    edited October 2011
    For shame we are only getting a single from DT. Hopefully it isn't Pull Me Under or something from their latest album.

My hopes are still on Instrumedley, but I know that is unrealistic.
    3pic81ueUnicorn;4515471 said:
    I'm happy about Stevie Wonder, Coldplay, and Dream Theater. I'm disappointed that Dream Theater only gets one song. Are you serious? What is this, Communist Russia?

Yes, because Communists hate progressive Metal...
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2011
    Coldplay should be the 9-pack, two singles from every album and one single off of Mylo Xyloto.

Yellow
    Shiver
    The Scientist
    Clocks
    Fix You
    Talk
    Violet Hill
    Strawberry Swing(there's not much 'Rock Band' in the Viva la Vida singles)
    Paradise/third single off Mylo Xyloto
  • thestickmasterthestickmaster Rising Star
    edited October 2011
    I KNEW Coldplay would be announced! I'm definitely getting whatever is put out from them, but I hope it's a very large pack.

As for the other bands, I couldn't care less, but THANK YOU FOR COLDPLAY HMX!
  • abynormalabynormal Rising Star
    edited October 2011
    Ooh, Coldplay and Stevie Wonder. Keyboardists should have fun with those.
  • jeronemitchelljeronemitchell Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    Now I'm hoping we get Stevie's "The Definitive Collection".

THAT is a day one purchase.

Man... he has TOO MANY freaking hits... No matter what I want, it's questionable if it'll be included. Admittedly, that would set a new record for the number of tracks in a pack, but I'm definitely in "dreaming" range here. :)
  • RockBandand24FanaticRockBandand24Fanatic Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    TuleRune;4515465 said:
    Meh.

If the Dream Theater track isn't Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence or Octavarium the an annnouncement is pointless.

Stevie Wonder. Euh. I predict people trying to play keys with their eyes closed.

Coldplay. If there isn't Life in Technicolour II then I have no opinion, with the small exception of Fix You which got played to death.

Breaking Benjamin is the highight for me here. They are one of the greatest post-grunge bands of the decade. Hopefully some older tracks like Polyamorous and You will be used, and of course Diary of Jane. (I expect Blow Me Away to be an Xbox exclusive song).

Damn hyping. If you're gonna do this, make sure you have announcements that would cause a forum explosion.

We got Diary of Jane over 2 years ago.