Official "2 Million Likes" Facebook Artist Announcement Discussion

Comments

  • jeronemitchelljeronemitchell Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    Now I'm hoping we get Stevie's "The Definitive Collection".

    THAT is a day one purchase.

    Man... he has TOO MANY freaking hits... No matter what I want, it's questionable if it'll be included. Admittedly, that would set a new record for the number of tracks in a pack, but I'm definitely in "dreaming" range here. :)
  • RockBandand24FanaticRockBandand24Fanatic Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    TuleRune;4515465 said:
    Meh.

    If the Dream Theater track isn't Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence or Octavarium the an annnouncement is pointless.

    Stevie Wonder. Euh. I predict people trying to play keys with their eyes closed.

    Coldplay. If there isn't Life in Technicolour II then I have no opinion, with the small exception of Fix You which got played to death.

    Breaking Benjamin is the highight for me here. They are one of the greatest post-grunge bands of the decade. Hopefully some older tracks like Polyamorous and You will be used, and of course Diary of Jane. (I expect Blow Me Away to be an Xbox exclusive song).


    Damn hyping. If you're gonna do this, make sure you have announcements that would cause a forum explosion.

    We got Diary of Jane over 2 years ago.
  • MourganDespanaMourganDespana Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    Calmly awaits the thread to get off topic.
  • YariYari Unsigned
    edited October 2011
    Happy with Coldplay. Hope its a big pack! I can't wait.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited October 2011
    MourganDespana;4515478 said:
    Calmly awaits the thread to get off topic.

    So what's up with them airlines nowdays?
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited October 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4515473 said:
    Coldplay should be the 9-pack, two singles from every album and one single off of Mylo Xyloto.


    If I had to guess, I'd imagine Coldplay will get at least a 6 pack, but Stevie Wonder will probably get the 9 pack. You may be right though.
  • MPPMikeMPPMike Rising Star
    edited October 2011
    All but Breaking Benjamin for me. It's about time we get some Coldplay! Stevie and Dream Theater will also be great, but I really hope for more than one Dream Theater song. Maybe they'll finally hit RBN with more songs, as was rumored long ago (or maybe that's me wishful thinking).
  • Mr_WednesdayMr_Wednesday Unsigned
    edited October 2011
    TuleRune;4515465 said:
    Breaking Benjamin is the highight for me here. They are one of the greatest post-grunge bands of the decade. Hopefully some older tracks like Polyamorous and You will be used, and of course Diary of Jane. (I expect Blow Me Away to be an Xbox exclusive song).
    I think it's highly unlikely that The Diary of Jane will be in an upcoming Breaking Benjamin pack, myself.
  • RockBandand24FanaticRockBandand24Fanatic Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    My ideal Coldplay 6 Pack:
    Shiver
    Yellow
    God Put a Smile Upon Your Face
    In My Place
    Talk
    Speed of Sound

    if we expand it to a 12 pack...

    Fix You
    The Scientist
    Clocks
    Lovers in Japan/Reign of Love
    Violet Hill
    Trouble
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited October 2011
    instantdeath999;4515485 said:
    If I had to guess, I'd imagine Coldplay will get at least a 6 pack, but Stevie Wonder will probably get the 9 pack. You may be right though.

    Coldplay only deserves a 4 pack in my world.
    Stevie Wonder deserves a 6+.. but watch him only get a 3 pack.

    Was really hoping for more from "The Cure" & Aerosmith...
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited October 2011
    I'd actually really love to see Clocks in the pack... simple, but likely a fun easy pro keys song.
    Dangimarocker;4515490 said:
    Coldplay only deserves a 4 pack in my world.
    Stevie Wonder deserves a 6+.. but watch him only get a 3 pack.

    Was really hoping for more from "The Cure" & Aerosmith...

    Not a huge fan either, though I'd predict a 4-6 pack. I'm with you on The Cure.
  • thestickmasterthestickmaster Rising Star
    edited October 2011
    I hope the Coldplay pack is something like this:


    Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall
    Violet Hill
    Yellow
    Death and All His Friends
    Fix You
    In My Place


    Although there's many more tracks that would work well.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited October 2011
    If Coldplay's getting less than a 6pack then I'm certain there would be an 02 eventually
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited October 2011
    Speaking of Coldplay.. they do have a new album coming out Oct 24th.. maybe they are DLC for this month...
    was curious and looking at their old stuff.. i've only heard the stuff on Viva La watever.. and i didn't like it. ... going to give em a try.
  • MourganDespanaMourganDespana Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence will be the "song" split up into parts to sell individually or together (like they did with The Sun King Medley for TB:RB)
  • MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    Finally, some more great keys DLC coming. It's been while since we got a lot of keys heavy tracks. Coldplay and Stevie will be amazing, I don't really care about DT, and I'll only be excited about BB if we get Blow Me Away (the song from Halo 2).

    And I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Coldplay and Stevie are gonna get pretty big packs. HMXHenry recently mentioned that we have a few large packs coming up, including a 9 pack. We're obviously gonna get the Coldplay pack on the week of their new albums release at the end of October. My prediction:

    Coldplay 9-pack
    Every Teardrop is a Waterfall
    Paradise
    Clocks
    Shiver
    Yellow
    Trouble
    In My Place
    Violet Hill
    Either Speed of Sound, Fix You, or Viva la Vida

    None of the last 3 would be very good gameplay wise for every instrument, but we're gonna get one of them out of the sheer popularity of the songs. IMO, one would be really good on keys (SoS), one would be really good on vocals (FY), and VlV is just super popular. Maybe we'll get another song off their new album instead of either of those 3. I would personally replace Shiver with one of those songs but I have a feeling we're gonna get Shiver.

    I am completely STOKED that we're finally getting Coldplay. I've been really getting in to them lately, probably hype because they have a new album coming very soon.
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited October 2011
    The announcement is alright. Coldplay isn't bad and the right Stevie Wonder songs could be great.

    I was hoping for either a blockbuster announcement (Rolling Stones, U2, Led Zeppelin) or a total atrocity (Right Said Fred, Don Johnson, David Hasslehoff)
  • PurplestratPurplestrat Opening Act
    edited October 2011
    I was really hoping I we would get at least one band I liked in this. Oh well sounds fun for you keys players.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited October 2011
    COLDPLAY!! OMG GNF!! I'm so excited, and I just can't express how happy this makes me, even though I expected it.

    Stevie Wonder is good too.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited October 2011
    MourganDespana;4515500 said:
    Sorry, The Reason needs to be part of any Coldplay list as it would sell like crazy.

    I'm hoping that you're joking. The Reason is by Hoobastank. They are not, and will never be, Coldplay.
  • BulzeebBulzeeb Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    No complaints, other than just a single from Dream Theater, but hey, Panic Attack held me to this day, so I have high hopes.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited October 2011
    MostSpartan14;4515497 said:
    Finally, some more great keys DLC coming. It's been while since we got a lot of keys heavy tracks. Coldplay and Stevie will be amazing, I don't really care about DT, and I'll only be excited about BB if we get Blow Me Away (the song from Halo 2).

    And I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Coldplay and Stevie are gonna get pretty big packs. HMXHenry recently mentioned that we have a few large packs coming up, including a 9 pack. We're obviously gonna get the Coldplay pack on the week of their new albums release at the end of October. My prediction:

    Coldplay 9-pack
    Every Teardrop is a Waterfall
    Paradise
    Clocks
    Shiver
    Yellow
    Trouble
    In My Place
    Violet Hill
    Either Speed of Sound, Fix You, or Viva la Vida

    None of the last 3 would be very good gameplay wise for every instrument, but we're gonna get one of them out of the sheer popularity of the songs. IMO, one would be really good on keys (SoS), one would be really good on vocals (FY), and VlV is just super popular. Maybe we'll get another song off their new album instead of either of those 3. I would personally replace Shiver with one of those songs but I have a feeling we're gonna get Shiver.

    I am completely STOKED that we're finally getting Coldplay. I've been really getting in to them lately, probably hype because they have a new album coming very soon.

    Except your forgetting we are only in October and this is only 3 weeks of content.
    We can easily get another artist with a 9 pack.
    :P
    (DT will be a long with another artist or a variety pack [i hope for another variety pack])
  • DesvergerDesverger Opening Act
    edited October 2011
    While none of these bands particularly match my personal tastes, I may pick up some songs (after case-by-case assessment) from Coldplay, Stevie and Dream Theater.

    Based on the BB we've had before, it is unlikely I would get any of their songs.

    Still, I appreciate the announcement. Thanks for all your hard work over the years Harmonix.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited October 2011
  • MourganDespanaMourganDespana Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    TheStuddz;4515503 said:
    I'm hoping that you're joking. The Reason is by Hoobastank. They are not, and will never be, Coldplay.

    I was joking...

    Actually I am on a university computer and very tired, made a big mistake. I was thinking of Speed of Sound.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited October 2011
    Purplestrat;4515499 said:
    I was really hoping I we would get at least one band I liked in this. Oh well sounds fun for you keys players.

    Kind of how i feel.. other than DT & Stevie Wonder (just because Stevie's music is cool)
  • edited October 2011
    Stevie Wonder is album sized pack worthy for sure.

    Bring on Musiquarium.
  • Heavens_SaintHeavens_Saint Rising Star
    edited October 2011
    Oh thank God we are getting some more Dream Theater! I don't even care what the song is, just knowing we're getting Dream Theater again is great even if it's a single. I can bet it will be Pull Me Under, but hey as long as the song as Pro Guitar it can be any song.
  • MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    Dangimarocker;4515506 said:
    Except your forgetting we are only in October and this is only 3 weeks of content.
    We can easily get another artist with a 9 pack.
    :P
    (DT will be a long with another artist or a variety pack [i hope for another variety pack])

    No, I didn't forget that. I simply made a prediction based on the fact that HMX said we're getting a 9-pack some time in the future, and the fact that Coldplay is a very popular band and no one can honestly say that they don't deserve to have at least 6 songs in RB. Especially since we have keys now. Obviously I could be wrong, that's why it's called a PREDICTION.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited October 2011
    MourganDespana;4515509 said:
    I was joking...

    Actually I am on a university computer and very tired, made a big mistake. I was thinking of Speed of Sound.

    Then you shall be forgiven, my good sir. This is an awesome day, now, and I am feeling generous.
Sign In or Register to comment.